** All USB EVDO/HSDPA (3.5G) data cards or modems queries here **

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Instead of using the word 3G, it is better to use UMTS/HSDPA for GSM and EVDO for CDMA.

3G is a generic term which comprises of 3rd generation technologies. Better to be specific.

rahul_c

Journeyman
I lost my 3g data card. Now I am thinking of getting reliance net connect b+, used it. It is definitely more reliable then BSNL 3G.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Firstly i want to say that a wireless provider has got different reception/service in diff areas. You just can decide a providers quality on the basis of your region. In my hometown (Patna), i use Photon+ and i easily get approx 1mbps speeds. But @ bhopal, where i currently live, it sucks. There Reliance B+ does well. With 799 UL plan @ 512kbps, i get DL speeds upto 70KB/s, and thats commendable. Plus if everything fails, Reliance has introduced a latest plan of 3G, 101 RC (3GB). Thats way way cheaper than all providers!! :) One more example is my friend lives in Uttarakhand, and he gets 3G speeds @ 2G RC in docomo !! :|
plus, reliance NetConnect service gives u free roaming while photon+ charges you for it. All over, none is perfect. My advice is Choose as per your region. GL :)

nims11

BIOS Terminator
bought MTS Mblaze few days ago after years of poor BSNL service.
the signal is good at home. although the dialer for windows is quite annoying and automatically opens up a browser with the MTS page, its good. max download speed reaches 80 K/s and upload 50K/s.
configuring it for Arch Linux was quite a hassle as they only provided drivers in .deb and .rpm.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
bought MTS Mblaze few days ago after years of poor BSNL service.
the signal is good at home. although the dialer for windows is quite annoying and automatically opens up a browser with the MTS page, its good. max download speed reaches 80 K/s and upload 50K/s.
configuring it for Arch Linux was quite a hassle as they only provided drivers in .deb and .rpm.

where do you stay , i get speed's in excess of 128 KB/sec d/l in ratu road.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
^^ lalpur. I had also tested Photon+ and max speed was 30 K/s !! i would have gone for BSNL evdo but the signal is nil in my house.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
^^ lalpur. I had also tested Photon+ and max speed was 30 K/s !! i would have gone for BSNL evdo but the signal is nil in my house.

when it comes to our city, MTS is A Step Ahead ;-)
i'm waiting for MTS to launch post paid , then i'll port out to MTS

rahul_c

Journeyman
One more example is my friend lives in Uttarakhand, and he gets 3G speeds @ 2G RC in docomo !! :|
plus, reliance NetConnect service gives u free roaming while photon+ charges you for it.
BSNL also had same 3G in 2G plan error earlier but they fixed it! :x I hate BSNL now!

I am not onto too much downloading now so, using Rs 500 plan on Reliance broadband+ which gives me 1800 minutes for 30 days.
Reliance may not have speed of BSNL 3G but it's very reliable. I get download speeds ~ 70 kB/s and upload speeds 40kB/s (much better than BSNL ~28 kB/s).

akash22

Journeyman
hey guys did anybody here used the aircel 3g dongle with unlimited 3g plan @1275?
i m luking to buy this aftr getting into a college nxt month. any user sugestions

ranadive

Right off the assembly line
Universal USB sticks are in the the range of 2.0k-2.5k. The easiest way around is to get a Huawei/zte USB stick and crack it. I have tried Huawei E1550 (Idea) and ZTE MF 631 (Docomo) successfully.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
DONT BUY TATA Docomo - ZTE MF 631 dongle.
*www.iampleasant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ZTE-MF631.jpg
*4.bp.blogspot.com/-zi8B29VDH2M/TcACq1lCLyI/AAAAAAAAABU/vQ2ZnQFNdfo/s400/mf+631.JPG
that p.o.s has stopped working after 4-5months of usage.
And TATA's dehati trained CC has yet to replace it since original complaint on 24th of August.

Just buy a normal USB data card, never this fancy piece of crap

jpattnaik

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,
I need a little help on Micromax MMX310G data card (unlocked). I purchased this one around one year ago. The USSD function to check the balance was not present at that time in the modem. The newer versions of MMX 310G have this feature. Is there any way I can flash this modem to get USSD function? if yes, please provide me the flash file and the procedure to do it.

Thanks in advance

For my lappy requirement, I need to buy a USB modem based connection in Delhi. Which one you guys suggest for USB modem, and which service provider to go for? Tata, Reliance net connect+, MTS ? Almost all are providing same plans like 1000rs for 10/12/15gb which suits my budget and GB limit. Any suggestions digitians abt speed/quality.

Also, heard a lot of good reviews abt MTNL 3G in Delhi, I can also buy Hawaei Modem, and MTNL 4.5k 3G plan ? Thanks.

Anyone ?? Bump :)

Top Bottom