All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
watching games of thrones s6 e3, continously watched from s1 to 5, before tht american horror story season 1 to 5.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Westworld Season 1
10/10

Just great.
The storytelling,the suspense ,the build up, the reveal, everything!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

dissel

Cyborg Agent
^^^^ 100+

Watched only 3 episodes - and I lost appetite to watch rest of them...I wonder how it 9.2 ratings at IMDB...maybe for Anthony Hopkins.

But I do like the opening music - a great one from Ramin Djawadi.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
WestWorld - season 1 .... this post may contain spoilers ..... proceed with caution

Well well well, friends, not to burst to many bubbles, coming straight to the point Westword turned out to be an anticlimax experience to me, my expectations were completely different and it was differently played all together. Usualy I am very muck OK with shows which are more philosophical and less on action, but westworld...... the kind of premise it had, was totally out of place with too much of a philosophical approach and NO thrill at all, I mean no nada, forget edge of the seat material, it was not even enough thrilling that it left any urge to continue. NOW again I am ok with TV series with these kind of approaches, but westword (hinting towards the movie) could never have been enjoyed with this setup .(IMHO ofcourse).

Then they made it tooo convoluted, and confusing, again I am ok with non-liner way of showcasing the story line (Memento comes in mind, My one of the Best movies), but Westword made a mess of it .... and on the top of that ... it was way way toooo slow almost dragging in the middle episodes. Coming to confusing part again, ....OK....one thing is to make the plot intelligent and doing that you end up creating a convoluted timeline, which becomes a by-product, and hence accepted ...... the other way is you have a time line and just to make it look like intelligent you convolute it ... ...... thats what Westworld did, with irrelevant multiple timelines unnecessary use of metaphors and wayyyyyy to much of philosobabbling (yes I invented that word :D...lol).... made the entire show boring, not to forget it ran at a snail's pace, which added to the yawn effect caused by philosobabbling.:D

I was bitterly disappointed .... May be just maybe season 2 will recover itself, I dont know I doubt ..... westworld was one of my most anticipated TV Series in gone months and I am sad didnt work for me ..... 6.8/10 for this one :sad:

EXACTLY my thoughts too, I tried saying the same thing in TDF whatsapp group, then the attack of the fanboys happened

Its a good show, deserves 8-8.5/10 IMO, but not excellent and flawless

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
^^^^ 100+

Watched only 3 episodes - and I lost appetite to watch rest of them...I wonder how it 9.2 ratings at IMDB...maybe for Anthony Hopkins.

But I do like the opening music - a great one from Ramin Djawadi.
Cause further episodes are better
Especially the last ones

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Man in the high castle - Season 1 ... well officially my first TV series on Amazon India, (Technically 3rd with BOSCH and Dark Matter the previous two that I watched on US Amazon).

Ok coming to the show .... BRILLIANT, just BRILLIANT. The premise itself was so intriguing that I had to give it a try and, it paid off with flying colors. The plot in one line simply is like this ... ""What would it be like if the Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States? """ ........ interesting ..eh! and boy they made it with absolute perfection, with both production value and direction top notch, the environment, sets CGI all high quality, but the star of the show is the plot, the story line itself which least to say is total edge of the seat material. It follows multiple stories that connect with each other at different tangents, and keep you glued to the seat.

This is not the best part BTW, this show involves a very dominating sci fi aspect, which even though not obvious is the predominant aspect of the show, and it is very subtle you have to be very sharp in the show to notice the hints that gives us a big sci fi aspect running at the background. Its difficult for me to explain, your have to watch the show for it. but writers have done a splendid job in bringing the era live and inducing this ultimate sci fi aspect that blends so nicely with the premise. A must watch ...7.8/10 for this one. Looking fw for season 2

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I was having second thoughts in adding "The Man in the high castle" on my watchlist on Amazon prime. But your review made it for me.
Thanks Sam9s. The plot of the show seems like a good one, and the Sci Fi aspects would be an added bonus.

Hrishi

Finished Watching Narcos SE1, and SE2. Must say, it's brilliant .

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Hrishi

EXACTLY my thoughts too, I tried saying the same thing in TDF whatsapp group, then the attack of the fanboys happened

Its a good show, deserves 8-8.5/10 IMO, but not excellent and flawless
Attack of the fanboys :chinscratch:

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
The 50 best TV shows of 2016: the full list

The 50 best TV shows of 2016: the full list | Television & radio | The Guardia

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Flake

Linux User
The 50 best TV shows of 2016: the full list

The 50 best TV shows of 2016: the full list | Television & radio | The Guardia

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
Wow ! I didn't know that Black Mirror series is up again. 6 new episodes.. One of the best dark series. Thanx again !
Got so excited, I didn't check whole list, arranging Black Mirror now.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Westworld S01 8.5/10

First 3 episodes were good, then it slowed down and started formulaic soap drama script.
Then picked up in EP09 and 10. 10 is spoiled by too many twists. I lost track after a time and just kept watching.

Top Bottom