All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

harry10

Gadgets freak
Thanks Sam for recommending The man in the high castle.. loved the 1st season and thoroughly enjoying the second.. Excellent in all departments.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The Man in the high castle - Season 1 ... well officially my first TV series on Amazon India, (Technically 3rd with BOSCH and Dark Matter the previous two that I watched on US Amazon).

Ok coming to the show .... BRILLIANT, just BRILLIANT. The premise itself was so intriguing that I had to give it a try and, it paid off with flying colors. The plot in one line simply is like this ... ""What would it be like if the Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States? """ ........ interesting ..eh! and boy they made it with absolute perfection, with both production value and direction top notch, the environment, sets CGI all high quality, but the star of the show is the plot, the story line itself which least to say is total edge of the seat material. It follows multiple stories that connect with each other at different tangents, and keep you glued to the seat.

This is not the best part BTW, this show involves a very dominating sci fi aspect, which even though not obvious is the predominant aspect of the show, and it is very subtle you have to be very sharp in the show to notice the hints that gives us a big sci fi aspect running at the background. Its difficult for me to explain, your have to watch the show for it. but writers have done a splendid job in bringing the era live and inducing this ultimate sci fi aspect that blends so nicely with the premise. A must watch ...7.8/10 for this one. Looking fw for season 2

Finished with the 1st season of Man in the High Castle. Yes, it was fascinating. The added X-Ray feature of Amazon Prime gives more detailed information related to the plot of the show.

The end of the 1st season totally blew my mind...

If you have watched Heroes, in the 2nd episode (of 1st season), Hiro Nakamura time traveled from Japan to New York in not even the blink of an eye.
The way the Man in high Castle ended, seemed to be a nod to that. The end just turned this series into a full fledged SCI FI! Although I know it wouldn't really. :p

Btw, why do only Japanese have the power to Time Travel! xD

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Man in the high castle - Season 2 .... Ok I admit this was not as fast paced or thrilling as the first season, but still very very captivating. The plot is a straight progress to where we left off in season one and brings more intrigue and mystery, but I just wish the pacing was a bit better, like the first one, the plot outline took a crazy curve in the last episode. The sci-fi aspect was explored more and gave us clear indications as to what exactly is going on, but I was a bit surprised to see the people depicted in the plot took it pretty blatantly ...but none the less the entire experience was worth the time ...... rating 7.5/10 after season 2

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I too finished the season 2 of Man in the High Castle just today, and I pretty much loved the show too. At times I did find the pacing a bit slow, but then I shouldn't have watched it late nights. :p

Loved the Sci Fi element which was explored in detail later. I particularly enjoyed the mix of crude humor mixed with the suffering that some characters felt, both emotionally and physically. Some of the character developments were spot on and they really made it feel. The entire series seems a gigantic movie with such enormous production value that you feel engrossed in.

The final episode of the season 2, was a closure to many of the story lines going through the series, although it did feel that some of the characters wasn't done justice, it's in the realm of reality, where justice rarely happens. The end of the season 2 did have a cliffhanger, but I feel season 2 overall is self contained since it answered many questions lingering in the minds of its viewers.

I would conclude by saying that the saying that "Hollywood creates World" proved itself again.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
If you have watched Heroes, in the 2nd episode (of 1st season), Hiro Nakamura time traveled from Japan to New York in not even the blink of an eye.
The way the Man in high Castle ended, seemed to be a nod to that. The end just turned this series into a full fledged SCI FI! Although I know it wouldn't really. :p

Btw, why do only Japanese have the power to Time Travel! xD

Its not exactly time travel, but parallel/alternate universe .... :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Impractical jokers is fun. I don't miss it whenever I get chance to watch it.
Sometimes it feels its scripted tho. :p

vito scalleta

In the zone
^ yep. Sometimes. Its also very interesting to see how people respond to them.
Would suggest to anyone looking for a good laugh in between all the serious tv shows u guys watch

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Any Survivor fans?? Man, that show is amazing. I love it. I am watching backwards. Unfortunately it won't come to Indian Channels because of censorship i guess!!

icebags

Technomancer
expanse is back with full thrusts, only that it feels more deep, more intense and at the same same time dramatic. :)

Top Bottom