All the Far Cry and Crysis posts here

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
1) Suit cud be more useful - for the first time (other then RPG) one is able to take full advantage of suit....tell me any other FPS which shows it better
2) Weapon lack power - If the weapons are SeriousSamish then game becomes very unrealisitc....and notice the fact that ur gun is as powerful as enemyz gun of same make
3) I agree with this one...but then if they fill manyyy enemy model then the game wud be of the size of Unreal Tournament...lets see this in future if thr comes Crysis 2...
4) Different Ppl different opinion...i found the story great with few glitches and slow points...liked the fact that the player aquires understandings as the story grows...

Games are getting close to perfect...Crysis was near too lol....lets wait for FarCry 2

Who

Guess Who's Back
Crysis DX 10 very high is a joke, you can enable very high in DX9 , they both look the same, some reviewers don't even know this LOL, they DX 10 very high is better then DX9 high it is, but you can enable very high on DX9 , they both look the same. here is a guide on how to do that & screenshots to prove my point, scroll down in this link to read it.
*www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_13.html

i finished Crysis sometime ago after the jungle level game becomes very lame, the story is used so many times already, aliens coming to invade your world... the game is very short too, i mean more jungle action would have been better .

ionicsachin@ the way you like crysis, i think you haven't played some old games, you must have start your gaming recently, most of folks i found who like crysis story are either very new to gaming or very young (14-16 years) , people like me , stalker who have played so many games know about story more then others, if you like crysis, it's ok but don't tell us it's good game because there are many games which are better & longer then crysis, graphics don't make a game great, story & gameplay do, sadly crysis fails badly in story department & gameplay isn't really new, in deus ex you can do the same & it was released in 2000 i think so there you have it.

Last edited:
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
well....just cut the thing that i am new or young oogy-boogy-spiderman type of gamer....i begun gaming frm the Quake 2 time....played many many many games frm all the genres...from Simcitiez to Max Paynes to Serious Samz to Half Life 2 to Halo 3(on XBOX360) and almost anything i find here...took part in any and every gaming competition in hyderabad....have a city level team in CS....depends on the opinion....my friend (Dhananjay Singh, WCG India Semifinalist) is a die hard fan of Sid Mierz Civilisation....while i dint like it that much......and the thing which u are arguing is "story and gameplay" and "new"....i suppose thrz not much u can improve on FPS...CoD4:MW was good at story...but the gameplay was similar....

and abt the DX10 thing.....frm whr will u get the hardware instructions in DX9 mode....the diffused shadows and SM 4 instructions......the tweaks which u mentioned are just making game look better in DX9 mode....try playing it really in DX10 at very high and see...i ll just put some screenshots using the tweaks in DX9 and the real DX10 comparison taken on my PC...just gimme some time

but wateva...its all the eye candy drama....if a DX9 tweak makes a game look as good as the DX10 then its good thing...coz under dx10 game runs a bit slower compared to tweaked DX9

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
Still i think you haven't play deus ex , if you had, you would know crysis is very similar, & the writer of tweakguides is a great guy, you can see for yourself, both DX9 & DX10 on very high look the same, also the most of games you have played are FPS without stories, COD 4 : MW had a good story but not great, if you want to know what a good story is, you need play planscape : torment, Metal Gear Solid 3, Star wars : Knight of the old republic I & II, even Deus EX has a great story, Crysis is decent, a game cannot be great because of visuals & physics, it needs many story, gameplay & it also needs to be longer.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
So on what point of me are u telling me that "game cannot be great because of visuals & physics, it needs many story, gameplay & it also needs to be longer"......
Story...i agree it is too short and at times weakening
but gameplay is 9.5/10....

Planescape Torment was great....dint play Deus Ex yet....

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
Crytek has still not learnt the art of story telling, although its now much better than FarCry :p
But it still isnt mature enough.

1. Which nut-head will charge against an alien Exosuit(i think its called that, the big alien) like what Major Strickland does in Crysis ? his death was a joke! i mean the way Eli Vance dies in EP2 was a real shocker(and emotional).

2. Whats the point of teammates, when it was YOU who did all the killing. You were a One man Army in that game.

In the 'Rescue stage' Psycho says he will go into the village and provide support. But he never does. He just shows up during the door breach. loser! Also when there is a NK counterattack (when you are supposed to destroy the tanks) he stays with the hostage and tell YOU to take care of the tanks and just stays there. i wish i could say ingame 'A little help here?'

In the 'Assault' Stage, he tell over the radio that hez supposed to provide 'sniper support'. I do find him on top on that red metallic structure inside the harbour. But hez just frozen over there. He wont even shoot the enemies down below while attacking me, he'll just stay there. Even if i am directly standing next to him, the enemies for some reason only shoot me , while he just stays there.

VERY FRUSTRATING AND BAD DESIGN!!!:x

3. The Final Boss is stupid. It can destroy an aircraft carrier, but all it can fire at a person on the deck (player) is a punny Freeze ray??? :confused:

4. General KYONG ( LOLz, nice name Crytek) boss battle was one of the worst. I got him in such a position that he couldnt hit me, but i could hit him very easily. I there was a box in the may, so could shoot me, but i could see the entire side of his body, so i started shooting him, and he didnt even move! so i just did that and he didnt even take a step untill he was dead.:eek:

5. The aliens in Crysis ( the small mech ones) are as dumb as Trijen Monkeys in FarCry

6. Most of the later levels are Linear.

7. Put the silencer on and you'll be shooting peanuts at the enemy :p. So much for the stealthy approach.:rolleyes:

8. The crytek CEO had said that the death of any Character in game will cause the story to change drastiaclly. But the game turned out to be Scripted. i think he had called it Dynamic Storytelling. (In Deus Ex , you can actually do this)

many more left......

Crysis would have been a great game, but it was full of broken promises. Somehow i get the feeling that they removed some stuff and added some stupid things just to make the game 'COOL'. (Judging from the First Crysis videos)
If you read the docs / discussions in when Crysis was in Development, the developers had said a lot of features will be included, like GPS tagging ammo, ability to lower the temp of nanosuit so that it becomes invisible to aliens etc...

GAMEPLAY wasnt also great. All i used mostly were the Cloak and Armor modes. Deus Ex gave you a wide variety of nano - augmentations.

I'm not saying Crysis is BAD, but it was definitely not worth the HYPE!
I was a Crysis Fan too, always used to read everything that would leak out on the net about Crysis, but the final product dissappointed me.

@ionicsachin
Maybe you should try Bioshock, the story is awesome! amazing gameplay too.
even Max Payne, if you havent played it already.

Still i think you haven't play deus ex , if you had, you would know crysis is very similar, & the writer of tweakguides is a great guy, you can see for yourself, both DX9 & DX10 on very high look the same, also the most of games you have played are FPS without stories, COD 4 : MW had a good story but not great, if you want to know what a good story is, you need play planscape : torment, Metal Gear Solid 3, Star wars : Knight of the old republic I & II, even Deus EX has a great story, Crysis is decent, a game cannot be great because of visuals & physics, it needs many story, gameplay & it also needs to be longer.

Yo man, Deus Ex rulez. :cool: One of all time my favourite games along with KOTOR and MAx Payne. that game was FAR ahead of its time. I didnt like Invisble war that much though.

KOTOR 1 and 2 are awesome RPGs. MUST PLAY! although i was dissappointed by KOTOR 2's ending...was pretty abrupt.

Last edited:
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@stalker
Finished Bioshock :D.....it was great...
Max Payne 1 and 2 were finished long back on my ollllllllld MX440 card....loved it with the KungFu mod...
Right now going onz are:
Crysis
Unreal Tournament 3
Assassins Creed(getting crashed at the Jerusalem level)
Oblivion (have to start Shivering Isles too)
STALKER: SoC

Try AC...good storyline and nice gameplay

Who

Guess Who's Back
Yo man, Deus Ex rulez. :cool: One of all time my favourite games along with KOTOR and MAx Payne. that game was FAR ahead of its time. I didnt like Invisble war that much though.

KOTOR 1 and 2 are awesome RPGs. MUST PLAY! although i was dissappointed by KOTOR 2's ending...was pretty abrupt.

Yes Desu Ex was one of the best game i ever played, i mean you can play that game for so many times. I liked KOTOR 2 story more, it had one of the best story i have ever seen in the game, it was devloped by Obsidian Entertainment, the one who were black isle before it went down & they had made Planescape: torment the game with one of the best story ever.

Anyway the KOTOR 2 ending was rushed, but fear not *www.team-gizka.org/ , this is Restoration Project for KOTOR 2 , it almost finished now.

Here are the features they are going to provide
Knights of the Old Republic 2, we feel, is a fantastic game. It's also undoubtedly a wounded game: a lonely game that knows it's incomplete as it is but just can't bear to admit it to itself. It's okay, KOTOR2. We're here for you. Shhhh. We're here.

If you're here, you probably know that KOTOR2 had a lot of cut content, including some very important scenes near the end. If you didn't know: KOTOR2 had a lot of cut content, including some very important scenes near the end. You can read a lot of it and listen to some sound clips here.

We're adding back in as much of the cut content as is possible. We are dedicated to forming a coherent story out of these sound clips and occasionally-ambiguous action descriptions, so unfortunately, we cannot include every single cool thing that was cut. But, we will still have plenty of coolness, including:
The long-lost HK Droid Factory! (not the same as the Droid Planet M4-78)
Several ways to murder Visas!
A whole new group of people who want to kill you!
Multiple endings! (no, really, actual endings)
Various ways to be responsible for the deaths of all your party members!

I am really excited, it will release in month or two, i am all set to finish KOTOR 2 for the 3rd time :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
5. The aliens in Crysis ( the small mech ones) are as dumb as Trijen Monkeys in FarCry
ohhh..thanks for telling the monkeys name : TRIJEN :D

lol i wonder wat so special about Tri in the name ???:rolleyes: Some funky name i must say, the next release of Daft Punk should be named Trijen :D

@stalker
Finished Bioshock :D.....it was great...
Max Payne 1 and 2 were finished long back on my ollllllllld MX440 card....loved it with the KungFu mod...
Right now going onz are:
Crysis
Unreal Tournament 3
Assassins Creed(getting crashed at the Jerusalem level)
Oblivion (have to start Shivering Isles too)
STALKER: SoC

Try AC...good storyline and nice gameplay
STALKER is heaven (a noob will be killed at sight but a true stalker will worship the game)

U dont get uber power suit, but u earn them in Stalker, u earn everything so guess what u plays strategically, when u have bad armour u avoid fights but u got exo then brick all of them. For every area there is a secret. I friggin love it.

Enemies behave like another human opponent.

Last edited:

arcticflare

Journeyman
One game cannot satisfy all. There will be crtitics for every game no matter how spectacular it might be. But the point is whether the number of people who find the game to be crap are a miniscule minority or an overwhelming majority. In the case of Crysis it's the former. As long as 95% of the critics are pleased with this game, it should not bother Crytek to know that there are those who still nag about this game.

Who

Guess Who's Back
LOL, crtices don't make a game great, we do , crysis sales have been very dispointing, in the end money matters, crtices don't give crytek any money, so please use your brain here, crytek itself was very disapointed with crysis that's why they won't make PC exclusive game in the future & don't say the sales are low because piracy COD 4, orange box, Halo 3 etc games have sold much much more then crysis, so i hope you learn that crtices don't make a game great.

arcticflare

Journeyman
During Electronic Arts' Q3 2008 Earnings Conference Call, it was stated that Crysis had sold over one million copies worldwide in the fiscal quarter and that the game continues to exceed sales expectations.

Crysis was announced to be the first game in a trilogy by Crytek. It is expected that the sequel will continue where the first game ended. In addition to seeking a United States trademark on the name Crysis, Crytek is seeking to trademark the names Crysis Wars, Crysis Annihilation, World in Crysis, and Crysis Warhead.

LOL indeed

So please use your brain better and get your facts right. Don't just babble.

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
one million COPY HAHAHAHAH !!! LOL YOU can't be this stupid that too worldwide, i can't believe it you call it good, Crysis was the game , do you know what the production value cost was ? NO, anyway here are some other game sales to open your eyes,

The Sims 2 (13 million)
World of Warcraft (10 million subscribers)
Half-Life 2 (4 million)
Doom 3 (3.5 million)
EverQuest (3.5 million)
Theme Park (3.5 million)
Age of Empires (3 million)
Civilization IV (3 million)

All of the above games production value were very low unlike crysis, So please use your brain , thanks.

Also Crytek won't make PC exclusive games in the future , why a devloper won't make a PC exclusive game that has got best ratings from critic in 2007 think, oh but you can't because it sales sucked .

*www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167645

No crysis won't be ported to consoles but the future games of the triology will be ported to consoles.

"We are suffering currently from the huge piracy that is encompassing Crysis," said Yerli. "Similar games on consoles sell factors of 4-5 more. It was a big lesson for us, and I believe we won't have PC exclusives as we did with Crysis in future."

here is excerpt from the artical, so who is babbling now ??

arcticflare

Journeyman
Ah who's foolish here. We're talking about a game that was recently released and fast beating sales expectations. Maybe a million games a quarter doesn't seem much to a game lord like you!! The games you have mentioned are selling good, no doubt, but they have been released way prior to Crysis. Why do you draw conclusions so early?
And when Crytek say that they won't be making Pc exclusives it simply means that they are going to make games compatible for both Pc and consoles. I don't see what difference that has made to the quality of game Crysis is, which was my point in the first place untill some quack started ranting about sales figures and diverted the topic.
And I don't think there is any company that would make sequels to games that weren't successful and have bombed according your prejudiced data.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Guyz.. in the Relic part of Crysis, I get my graphics as shown below. Dunno what to do.. how to continue.... has the graphics corrupted it? I suppose. It feels like a rainbow dream sequence.. all black & colors (a la Max Payne dream sequence).
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/9389/crysis64200806071922333pt1.jpg
Click on image for a 27sec 889kB (light enuf i suppose :D) video rendering of the same

Any1 encountered this problem... remedy.. I tried higher settings to no avail :(
My GC is a GeForce Go 7600... HP C2D laptop on 2GB RAM, Vista Ultimate 64bit. Crysis patched to 1.1

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
its sure an artifact. Its due to outdated driver. It onc happened with Crysis nd COD4 for me too. Get the letest forceware for ur 7600Go.
Also try lowering the details.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
right-click updated drivers for my GeForce 7600 Go.. but message that already best drivers installed... v 7.15.10.9815... which is the latest of drivers of the Go series. Tried Nvidia's & HP'ss sites. but to no avail.

I cannot use forceware of other os/other GCs... as an error message comes up then... The NVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware

Update:
The driver v7.15.10.9815 was the latest one available by Nvidia for 7600 GO. But on long search I got a Vista 64 bit wala forceware which didnt give that error message... and now the driver is showing as v7.15.11.7563 dtd April 2008.
But problem still exists. Does any1 have a save game around 1 min of gameplay into the Relic (with the environment changed a bit... out of the water sequence?) please send.. might help me out... i think it is a problem with environ-physics-graphics correlation.

Update:
My suspicion on environ-physics-graphics correlation might b true. Tried a Natural Mod and now I have that other black guy gettin kidnapped by the alien. But this time.... the game hanged on my reaching the GPS jammer :(

Last edited:
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Sometimes this sort of thing happens with Anti Aliasing + HDR thing....i get some similar problem when i put AA + HDR in FarCry....i know i sound foolish abt it in Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom