All new TDF - New features and theme suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I know this thread will go crazy... but that's to be expected in a democracy. Just try to not go too wild with suggestions, and ensure that you post a URL or a screenshot of a page/site where said feature has been implemented.

Also, for a theme... ico will shortlist a few, and add screens and a poll to this thread, and we'll vote. Do not add theme suggestions until he has given you the options, or else it will end up being crazy. If you have a theme you would like to suggest, PM ico and to try and get him to include it in his final list.

I'm thinking one bright, one dull and one dark theme (all from the same parent style) ought to be enough of a choice for members.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
For theme how about something that continues the flow of design from the main thinkdigit site. I think it would be great. I would prefer a light colored theme. The current theme although is good but I think we need a better one now :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'm thinking one bright, one dull and one dark theme (all from the same parent style) ought to be enough of a choice for members.

The choice of three said themes is all we need! (Most preferred being the dark, since currently I have to use F.lux to save my eyes :p).

As far as features are concerned, I think most of them have already been implemented in this version of vBulletin. What I can instead request are features we don't want! Some of those are user tagging and the like button. :p

Also I would like to request to allow the
BB code in signature. Currently I have my signature as center, but since it was disabled recently I can't change my signature as it shows me an error "BB code center is not allowed.".

And thanks again to everyone involved in making TDF more beautiful in looks and making it more functional then before. (Well, Old was also not bad, rather was a Legend in its own way.) ;)

Krow

Crowman
I agree with Vyom on two points. We don't need user tagging or likes/thanks. Let us keep spammy features away.

Krow

Crowman
I vote against reps too. Inevitably, we have people posting for the sake of reps and asking for reps after every other post.

The Tag feature will be nice as notifications instantly takes me to threads where I have given a suggestion and people may have a follow up.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't like the Like button. "Like my post if you like it." oh yea. Happened with "rep" as well. This is not Facebook.

Krow

Crowman
^Fact. No need for likes or thanks. Maybe we should have some kind of social network integration? Tweet this post/thread kinds?

clmlbx

Technomancer
I too like "like" button or much say "+1" button to agree rather then posting.. and do names of users who clicked "+1" should be at bottom of same post....

I don't know even it is possible or not..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Frankly, whoever are against user tagging are sounding too non-practical; more like a rant. I don't deny with the misuse of tagging but come on, not everything is full proof or 100% fruitful. Majority will agree that tagging has much more usefulness than misuse. One thing can't be ignored citing a single negative reason. Do we disable posting citing spam as a reason? That'll kill the purpose. Likewise we can handle with tagging.
Plus I support 'quote notification'.
Lastly, rep is something which must never be brought back, like can be considered.

PS: I'm fine with any sorts of theme and fonts.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
+1 is better than like. Like is too facebookish, and don't justify the kind of posts which could be "liked"! We have seen how everyone can "like" something which is not "supposed to be" liked. So a like button is just a bad idea.

But, +1 can be considered. It can stop the one/two word posts like, "I agree", "Same with me", "lol...". Well, I hope so. :|

Also, whatever you do, please no r@pe buttton! :lol:

^Fact. No need for likes or thanks. Maybe we should have some kind of social network integration? Tweet this post/thread kinds?

Social network integration makes site heavy (personal opinion). Don't really think its a good idea. You can always share something by copying the URL and sharing it on respective social networking sites. Or you can take help of extensions which lets you do it. :)

Krow

Crowman
Meh for user tagging. Even if it is enabled, we need an option to disable it via profile. I don't want to be notified randomly, this is not twitter to be honest.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
chatbox at home landing, eg here: Spacetime Studios
mobile gaming sub section ? have to pick between mobile section or gamerz section atm

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
chatbox at home landing, eg here: Spacetime Studios
mobile gaming sub section ? have to pick between mobile section or gamerz section atm
ok. Mobile gaming section. :)

I didn't get the Chatbox part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom