All new TDF - New features and theme suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
To be completely honest, when I get some time :)

Yeah I've been too busy to come on here in the past few years, which I plan to remedy. My apologies for disappearing on you guys.

absolutely not bro..

we (some prominent members ) have been working hard to keep the forum live up to its name.

and we see you monthly on the mag's editorial, so.. :)

but now that you will be here, its going to become all the more lively :D

^ why not conduct a survey for digit magazine? It may include questions on mag's design, content, format.

^ why not conduct a survey for digit magazine? It may include questions on mag's design, content, format.

+100 for a mag survey!!

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
We do the reader survey every year. That is the mag survey :)

Have you guys participated in that?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
That's the Icons of trust survey, the reader survey is about digit and what we write, and happens every year. It's due again in the next two months.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I just noticed a new section Online Shopping

I don't think we should have separate section for each popular online shopping sites (Amazon, eBay, Flipkart, snapdeal etc.)
Like this we have many sub-sections with very less number of posts in these sections.

My Suggestions:
----------------------------
1) There should be one section for all shopping sites user experience. And if in future any particular shopping site have large amount of posts, you can create a separate forum for that shopping site.

2) There should be one forum, where user can share latest deals, coupons of various shopping sites.

3) Both above sections and Shopping section should be under one category.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I think we need to have Storage Forum under Hardware Catagory. Otherwise anything that doesn't fits goes into Hardware QnA

ankush28

Bazinga
Add "best answer chosen BY OP" & "badges" (which can be earned by good replys or i say solution)option like Tomshardware.
is this possible in vB?
May i create an opinion poll for this feature?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I like that idea too. But depends on whether mods can assist by moving all existing threads. Mods?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Add "best answer chosen BY OP" & "badges" (which can be earned by good replys or i say solution)option like Tomshardware.
is this possible in vB?

Yes possible, but also results in people making two accounts, asking a question from a less important account, replying from their primary account and then thanking themselves to earn points :)

snap

Lurker
is this possible in vB?
May i create an opinion poll for this feature?

-100 please i like the simple tdf :|

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I like that idea too. But depends on whether mods can assist by moving all existing threads. Mods?

I'm in. Hope others can contribute too gradually when they find time.

I hope we did the same while migrating to Hardware QnA.

+1000... for this
That will be useful for RAM, HDD, Pen drives and SSD buyers
Go for it...!!!

I'd suggest let RAM and HDD/SSD be two diff. forum. As it'll help members in buying advice and all.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yes possible, but also results in people making two accounts, asking a question from a less important account, replying from their primary account and then thanking themselves to earn points :)

Not a badge or like that, but something like a simple like or thanks would be apt. You may counter it by saying people may again ask for likes or create another account as you said. But we can't dump everything just for a couple of wrong members. It's just too plain now. :(

Mr.Kickass

In the zone

I see, it gets spammy by nature. Then again, people post just for the sake of posting too :)

I liked how XDA implemented the Thanks system by providing a button below a post to thank the user and though that is an absolute number one can also display a ratio of post/thank ratio to indicate how useful the user has been on the forum.(Not that it should turn into a ThinkWarcraft by any means)

Ratings and Badges really make for an interesting way to hang out on a forum if you have been on //Mod Edit and earned something new every time you loggged in :-D

Also, I've noticed the smilies are not consistent if you check out other forums. I'm no web developer but i can tell you that smilies over at XDA are definitely more coherent in animation or whatever metric that you use to describe that is...or is this deliberate ?

//Do Not discuss / Post Links to Pirated Sites / Torrents / Content related to either of them

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Online shopping moved to Market section to make the forum look cleaner, hope that's better now :)

Flash

Lost in speed
@ Raaabo: How about adding a 'Like/+1' like feature for comments?
It's not like a rep/thanks system, so people won't take it for granted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom