All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
1) What is your budget?

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14"+ screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Watching movies,web surfing and a bit of programming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Atleast 1366*768.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
I am basically looking for an ultra portable(weighing less than 2kg for 14" and 2.35 for 15.6") laptop with prolonged battery life (atleast 5 hrs). I have done some research and found Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook deemed suitable.How would you rate this laptop?I am very tempted to wait for Hp Sleekbooks and other Laptops with Ivy Bridge processors.When will they be launched in India?Please help me out guys...:|

Vaio VPCSB36FN

se7en

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the responses!

Acer Aspire S3 and Samsung NP530U4B-S02IN look good. In your opinion, which provides better after-sales service:Acer or Samsung?

You can have a look at Sony CB45, it has got a Full HD display and a backlit keyboard which no other laptop has got in that price bracket, and it costs around 51k.But it is a 15.6" laptop.
If you want to get something small and sleek,then you can have a look at these:
13"
Samsung NP530U3B-A02IN
Acer Aspire S3 Aspire S
Sony VAIO S Series VPCSB36FN
14"
Or these Asus U series laptops
And Samsung NP530U4B-S02IN

It comes with a 13.3" screen :|

Vaio VPCSB36FN

I really want the Sleekbooks to be in launched in India ASAP. Let's hope that they come out by the 10th of June. :evil:

They will launch in around in one month. Wait is worthy for sleekbooks. Otherwise Samsung 5 series is good. You can also have a look at Vaio S series.

rider

as Kratos
Thanks for the responses!

Acer Aspire S3 and Samsung NP530U4B-S02IN look good. In your opinion, which provides better after-sales service:Acer or Samsung?

It comes with a 13.3" screen :|

I really want the Sleekbooks to be in launched in India ASAP. Let's hope that they come out by the 10th of June. :evil:

If you only want to buy hp sleekbook model, so why you are asking with us in the forum? :mrgreen:
Keep in mind you would not get performance like sony vaio VPCSB36FN laptop.
Sleekbook is just a poor men's ultrabook powered with AMD processors.:duh2:

Last edited:

se7en

If you only want to buy hp sleekbook model, so why you are asking with us in the forum? :mrgreen:
Keep in mind you would not get performance like sony vaio VPCSB36FN laptop.
Sleekbook is just a poor men's ultrabook powered with AMD processors.:duh2:

No, that came out wrong. The main reasons that propels me (slightly, if I may add) towards the sleekbooks are the 7-9hr battery life and the back-lit keyboard.But Guru, what does this novice know?!! :p

rider

as Kratos
No, that came out wrong. The main reasons that propels me (slightly, if I may add) towards the sleekbooks are the 7-9hr battery life and the back-lit keyboard.But Guru, what does this novice know?!! :p

Yeah, i read it has big battery life.. let see how much battery comes out from sleekbooks in real world.
As u mentioned that u needs at least 5 hours battery, it can be easily get in some thinkpad or that sony vaio model. I think u should wait for some public response about sleekbook before buying.

Last edited:

Lord

Guys, Which ASUS One will Perform better for Gaming :

Intel Core i7
8GB DDR3
1GB NVIDIA GRAPHICS GT 520MX

.vs.

Intel Core i5
4GB DDR3
2GB NVIDIA GRAPHICS GT 540M/630M

Please let me know your opinion with little Explainations.

rezurect007

Broken In

Intel Core i7
8GB DDR3

.vs.

Intel Core i5
4GB DDR3

A Core i3
4GB DDR3
1 GB ATI 7670m

Can beat both the builds above in gaming. Gaming is essentially GPU bound.

For Notebook graphics Benchmarks check :Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Lord

A Core i3
4GB DDR3
1 GB ATI 7670m

Can beat both the builds above in gaming. Gaming is essentially GPU bound.

For Notebook graphics Benchmarks check :Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - Notebookcheck.net Tech

I know that.

But I asked between these two only.

And I run Photoshop, Video editing, Vmware etc too.. so also consider the Overall..

rider

as Kratos

Intel Core i7
8GB DDR3

.vs.

Intel Core i5
4GB DDR3

Intel Core i7
8GB DDR3

GT 520MX is almost as performer as ivy bridge's HD Graphics 4000, it doesn't affect you if you are not in much gaming?
High memory (8GB) and powerful processor like core-i7 is must for good performance in editing and virtualization.

Last edited:

pinak04

I want to buy buy laptop within Rs.40000. The range can maximum extend to 42k but not more. Purpose :- gaming,movie(in HD),work,net surfing...more over i am a b.tech student...so please would u tell me which would be good for me....i have searching through out the net for a good laptop within this this range but cannot make up my mind....
I have shortlisted Asus k53sm-sx010d.
This is not my final decision so please suggest me what would be good...

Thank You.:-D

vinothpl

Guys
I want to buy a laptop for less than 45 K for moderate gaming .. i have zeroed in on Lenovo Z 570 315960.. it is available in flipkart for 42 K(with 1 yr warranty). I checked it with a re seller here in bangalore and got to know that the same is available with him for 42k and the 3yr warranty one comes for 43 K..
i dont mind the non availability of OS..

Is this a good option..does this model have any problems of sorts??

Regards
Vinoth

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys
I want to buy a laptop for less than 45 K for moderate gaming .. i have zeroed in on Lenovo Z 570 315960.. it is available in flipkart for 42 K(with 1 yr warranty). I checked it with a re seller here in bangalore and got to know that the same is available with him for 42k and the 3yr warranty one comes for 43 K..
i dont mind the non availability of OS..

Is this a good option..does this model have any problems of sorts??

Regards
Vinoth

Go for Asus k53sm-sx010D.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
GT540 = GT630. so both are same in graphics performance.

Asus aftersale service is descent. they have setup service center in pretty much all cities (different from motherboard, graphics card service center AFAIK).

aroraanant

Explorer
Asus one is better than Lenovo.
Lenovo service as well their build quality is pathetic. I suggest everyone to stay away from it, the only good thing from Lenovo is their thinkpads.
Asus is giving onsite warranty and as told by SAM its pretty decent.

rider

as Kratos
GT540 = GT630. so both are same in graphics performance.

Asus aftersale service is descent. they have setup service center in pretty much all cities (different from motherboard, graphics card service center AFAIK).

GT 630M is little bit better in fps.

aryan.838

Broken In
Laptop till Rs 50k...

Guys I am going to join college this year, I will be doing Btech-CSE, now i require a good laptop till Rs 50k...so suggest something good.
Thanks

rider

as Kratos
Re: Laptop till Rs 50k...

Guys I am going to join college this year, I will be doing Btech-CSE, now i require a good laptop till Rs 50k...so suggest something good.
Thanks

Do you do gaming? If yes how much?
Do you want a laptop with a good performance or some light weight?
How much battery life you want 3-4 hours or some more?

Top Bottom