All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
^^^

if the laptops dnt have any unused slots, does that mean i have 2 replace the original RAMs?

Man, the 4GB RAM that comes with dell laptop is a single RAM and you will definitely get at least one single slot to put 4GB more.

arani

whiz kid
dts great..i guess its better 2 go for the 15R although i am a bit skeptical about the 7730m's performance as compared to the gt 640M..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
i am an architecture student
which laptop would u recommend or d configuration dat i must luk on?
software dat i use are...
revit
autocad
photoshop
sketchup....and similar ones
my budget is around 40k :-?

one laptop that i m considering right now(my friend recommended is asus-k53sm-sx010d).....pls comment on this too:|

Go for it.

rider

as Kratos
dts great..i guess its better 2 go for the 15R although i am a bit skeptical about the 7730m's performance as compared to the gt 640M..

IMO you should wait for couple of weeks, read some user comments. But I guess you will not disappoint with HD 7730M.

i am an architecture student
which laptop would u recommend or d configuration dat i must luk on?
software dat i use are...
revit
autocad
photoshop
sketchup....and similar ones
my budget is around 40k :-?

one laptop that i m considering right now(my friend recommended is asus-k53sm-sx010d).....pls comment on this too:|

Best you can get in 40k is asus-k53sm-sx010d but you have to expend 6.5k more for genuine windows 7 home premium 64bit. Better to buy HP Pavilion g6-2008TX comes with genuine windows but core-i3.

Last edited:

arani

whiz kid
as a matter of fact i wont be buying a laptop before the end of this month so i guess some reviews and comments from customers and critics will come up. maybe they will benchmark the radeon even. so i guess wait is fruitful.

rider

as Kratos
as a matter of fact i wont be buying a laptop before the end of this month so i guess some reviews and comments from customers and critics will come up. maybe they will benchmark the radeon even. so i guess wait is fruitful.

Yea! good for you

arani

whiz kid
Dell has also revised their old inspiron laptops with ivy bridge. but i can't understand the graphics specs. Under the video card section, they r given as-

UMA Assembly Base (ICC)
Discrete Assembly Base (ICC)

somebody please explain.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Dell has also revised their old inspiron laptops with ivy bridge. but i can't understand the graphics specs. Under the video card section, they r given as-

UMA Assembly Base (ICC)
Discrete Assembly Base (ICC)

somebody please explain.

UMA = Unified memory architecture, i.e., no discrete GPU, just HD4000.

Discrete Assembly Base = Having discrete GPU.

arani

whiz kid
^ no i js wna make sure dt the radeon 7730m (ICC) is not some scaled down version of the original radeon 7730m

rchnk

Right off the assembly line
Go for it.

if i wait for a month or lil less will the asus-k53sm-sx010d price drop......:-?

will this configuration wrk for the next 4-5yrs ?
(for d software's that i will b using)
or is it bettr to buy a cpu.... since m a student nw in next 2yrs i wil b wrking

there is this add asus-rog which is 20kg:!:
wts its cost?:neutral:

IMO you should wait for couple of weeks, read some user comments. But I guess you will not disappoint with HD 7730M.

Best you can get in 40k is asus-k53sm-sx010d but you have to expend 6.5k more for genuine windows 7 home premium 64bit. Better to buy HP Pavilion g6-2008TX comes with genuine windows but core-i3.

i thnk i wont go with i3:)

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
When to expect 3rd gen Core i3 35/45 watt [ivy bridge]?
No information on Core i3 mobile 35W CPU anywhere.

Are they going to be released or not ?

Only Core i3-3217U 17watt is showing on CPU-World

Refer to the last para on this page.
Revised Ivy Bridge launch schedule confirmed

"Core i3 desktop Ivy Bridge parts will be introduced in the third quarter 2012. There was a rumor that Core i3 mobile lineup will not be transitioned to Ivy Bridge. We believe that Core i3 mobiles will be released after all. VR-Zone previously disclosed details on Core i3-3217U ULV SKU, and there will be at least one Core i3 mobile 35W CPU. Mobile chips from i3 family will also launch in the third quarter."

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I bought Asus K55vm laptop 2 days ago..it has i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3 and 2GB 630M..My issue is that the games are running fine..tried rage and BF3 at high settings..but 15-20 minutes into the game the laptop shuts down..I guess it's overheating, but it's a brand new laptop(with ICe-cool technology :|)..any solutions...I have ordered a laptop cooler from coolermaster but I want to know any other solutions

Top Bottom