All laptop related queries here!!!

aroraanant

Explorer
Re: Laptop till Rs 50k...

Guys I am going to join college this year, I will be doing Btech-CSE, now i require a good laptop till Rs 50k...so suggest something good.
Thanks

Have a look at Sony CB45.
You will get good battery back up, Full HD display, decent graphic card for medium gaming.

aryan.838

Broken In

Do you do gaming? If yes how much?
Do you want a laptop with a good performance or some light weight?
How much battery life you want 3-4 hours or some more?
yes i do gaming...i want to play new games with medium settings
i want a good performing laptop...
a better battery life is always welcome

Have a look at Sony CB45.
You will get good battery back up, Full HD display, decent graphic card for medium gaming.
what would u say about lenovo y570??
but i have heard that lenovo build quality is very bad...

rider

as Kratos

yes i do gaming...i want to play new games with medium settings
i want a good performing laptop...
a better battery life is always welcome

what would u say about lenovo y570??
but i have heard that lenovo build quality is very bad...

As you said you do gaming and want to play new games in medium settings. I would say keep away from vaio models and lenovo is not much reliable.

HP Pavilion DV6-7012TX would be the perfect in you budget it comes with GT 630M that is capable to play new games in medium setting.

And if you don't want in-built windows 7 home premium, no product damage protection, no HD webcam like hp having all. You should better go with Asus K53SM-SX130D

aryan.838

Broken In

As you said you do gaming and want to play new games in medium settings. I would say keep away from vaio models and lenovo is not much reliable.

HP Pavilion DV6-7012TX would be the perfect in you budget it comes with GT 630M that is capable to play new games in medium setting.

And if you don't want in-built windows 7 home premium, no product damage protection, no HD webcam like hp having all. You should better go with Asus K53SM-SX130D
thanks for your suggestions...can you tell me which one looks better?? and I personally think i would go with the HP one...and does it have a chiclet keyboard...backlight or not??
thanks again

rider

as Kratos

thanks for your suggestions...can you tell me which one looks better?? and I personally think i would go with the HP one...and does it have a chiclet keyboard...backlight or not??
thanks again

hp pavilion dv6-7012tx is a premium quality model, slimmer and lighter against all competitors, metallic finishing, speakers with triple bass reflex sub-woofer at the bottom, and yes it has a very nice full chiclet style keyboard with numeric keypad but no backlight, it's a pleasure to type on that.
It would cost you 50k in saholic.com included a carry bag and charger.

Last edited:

shan.nit

Right off the assembly line
friends i want to buy a new laptop and i have zeroed in on sony vaio cb45, hp dv6 7012tx and dell xps 15. Now I am really impressed by the specifications of dv6 but the lack of full hd screen is creating problem for me in deciding which one to go for.
let me tell you frnds that I m crazy for the full hd screen of vaio plus its excellent keyboard.
I want to know that if I go for dv6 then can I upgrade it to a full HD screen 2-3 years later?? is it possible.

I will basically use my laptop for photoshop, adobe indesign, a lot of video editing and watching full hd movies.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^No its not possible. Whatever you buy in a laptop, remains same forever, no upgradibility. (except RAM, HDD, & CPU in some cases)

rider

as Kratos
friends i want to buy a new laptop and i have zeroed in on sony vaio cb45, hp dv6 7012tx and dell xps 15. Now I am really impressed by the specifications of dv6 but the lack of full hd screen is creating problem for me in deciding which one to go for.
let me tell you frnds that I m crazy for the full hd screen of vaio plus its excellent keyboard.
I want to know that if I go for dv6 then can I upgrade it to a full HD screen 2-3 years later?? is it possible.

I will basically use my laptop for photoshop, adobe indesign, a lot of video editing and watching full hd movies.

Maybe it is possible if you arrange some full HD 15.6" screen separately and install it in to dv6-7012tx, but you know it will costs you expensive. The model number is LG Philips LP156WF1-TLF3.
Hp was having one model with full-HD anti-glare display, but unfortunately it is now discontinued. :|

Last edited:

arani

whiz kid
HP has recently launched the new HP Envy 4 Ultrabook with 3rd gen Ci5/500gb/2gb Radeon 7670m

Envy 4-1025tx

Envy 4-1002tx

will this laptop be a good buy 4 gaming? (the cpu clock speed is 1.7 ghz [:x])

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lol these are ultrabooks. you can game as the processor is capable of running almost any game but heating will cause the processor to downclock affecting gameplay.

arani

whiz kid
Dell has launched the amazing new Inspiron series

Inspiron 14R special edition 3rd gen/1TB/4GB/ gt640M Link here (starts at 51k!!!!!!!)

Inspiron 15R special edition 3rd gen/1TB/4GB/ radeon 7730M Link here (starts at 49k!!)

Benchmarks say that the GT640M slightly edges out the Radeon 7730M.
I want to know which one will deliver better gaming performance? The specs are more or less the same except the graphics cards.

Last edited:

arani

whiz kid
^^^

one variant , 14R with 3rd gen ci5/8gb/500gb/2gb gt 640m costs 55k

another, 15R with 3rd gen ci7/4gb/1tb/2gb radeon 7730m costs just rs. 300 more.

which one 2 go for?

p.s what does 'ICC' stand for in terms of computer lingo? the radeon 7730m is given as "AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC" and the display as "15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) - ICC"

rider

as Kratos
^^^

one variant , 14R with 3rd gen ci5/8gb/500gb/2gb gt 640m costs 55k

another, 15R with 3rd gen ci7/4gb/1tb/2gb radeon 7730m costs just rs. 300 more.

which one 2 go for?

p.s what does 'ICC' stand for in terms of computer lingo? the radeon 7730m is given as "AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC" and the display as "15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) - ICC"

LOL, core-i7 model anyday. The performance should be between the DDR3-versions of Nvidias GeForce GT 650M and 640M.

lol these are ultrabooks. you can game as the processor is capable of running almost any game but heating will cause the processor to downclock affecting gameplay.

LOL, what's the logic to put ATI Radeon 7670M. It will only help in editing stuffs.

Dell has launched the amazing new Inspiron series

Inspiron 14R special edition 3rd gen/1TB/4GB/ gt640M Link here (starts at 51k!!!!!!!)

Inspiron 15R special edition 3rd gen/1TB/4GB/ radeon 7730M Link here (starts at 49k!!)

Benchmarks say that the GT640M slightly edges out the Radeon 7730M.
I want to know which one will deliver better gaming performance? The specs are more or less the same except the graphics cards.

Now these are the XPS/dv6 lineup killer. :mrgreen:
Good to see good graphics chips chosen by dell. If you are gaming freak grab it.!!

Last edited:

arani

whiz kid
@rider

will the radeon 7730m be as good as the gt 640m?

again, the 15R has 4gb lesser RAM than the 14R..will that make any difference? can i upgrade the RAM on the 15R?

rider

as Kratos
@rider

will the radeon 7730m be as good as the gt 640m?

again, the 15R has 4gb lesser RAM than the 14R..will that make any difference? can i upgrade the RAM on the 15R?

Dell said 7730M is better than 640M, so 15R is better than 14R. In notebookcheck it is mentioned that it should fit between GT 650M and GT 640M. But I suggest you to wait for the benchmarks.
And RAM nowdays is like purchasing some pendrive.
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz would cost 1400-1500 bucks, upgrade and put any day, no any issue.

Last edited:

rchnk

Right off the assembly line
i am an architecture student
which laptop would u recommend or d configuration dat i must luk on?
software dat i use are...
revit
autocad
photoshop
sketchup....and similar ones
my budget is around 40k :-?

one laptop that i m considering right now(my friend recommended is asus-k53sm-sx010d).....pls comment on this too:|

Top Bottom