All laptop related queries here!!!

far

Keep Going!
thanks...@ rider and @ randomuser..i will check out some local stores this weekend..

yeah even i felt the same..spending lot of cash on an item..I need peace of mind...haha..

far

Keep Going!
I'm getting an offer on this Vaio E15118 i7 laptop for 54.7k locally with backpack and 16gb transcend pendrive free..
Hope this is VFM..? friends let me know ur thoughts
I'm planning to get this saturday

Hey friends , i am planning to buy a laptop... kindly pour in ur valuable suggestions to help me find the best tat suites my requirements !

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 35k to 45k ( +5k if tat extra bit provides damn gud improvement over lower priced ones )

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen or
  • Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
17 " wud b gud tho ...but my main focus is Gaming ! so even if 16 " ...it will do for me !

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:NA
b. Dislike:NA

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming ...i m buying it for sole purpose of gaming ... i m having a desktop but i nid a Laptop in my hostel where i can play wid my pals..as desktops not allowed !!! :(

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Bigger the resolution _ more is the eye candy !! :)

6) Anything else you would like to say? LOcal Purchase ( available in india :D )

i just need my laptop to have Gaming Graphics close to 7 and abv 6 ( if possible ) _

Games i prefer to play _ Fifa 12, COD series , Max Payne 3 ,BF3

Thanks for any help guys ... :)

rider

as Kratos
@niraj trehan Get Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN powered by new 3rd gen core-i5 3210M 2.5 Ghz upto 3.1Ghz in turbo mode, 6GB DDR3 RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB.
It will cost you 48-50k included all the taxes. I suggested you according to your needs, it has damn good gaming performance than 45k budget.
For more info stay connected to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/159661-samsung-series-5-550p-laptops-thread.html

rider

as Kratos
@Rider

Is samsung reliable in Laptops ???

Samsung is a good brand, they are working so hard to give the best laptop with good features at low price. There is no laptop with that much great specs at that price range. They are doing all this to get in the laptop market, and for putting cherry on the cake they are providing 2 years warranty.
Go to their thread and ask users about their experience.

Keep in mind GT 650M >> HD 7730M = GT 640M > HD 7670M > GT 630M ≥ GT 540M > HD 6630M

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey guys need help buying a laptop

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 20 to 25K

Mainstream; 14" screen

office work, internet the occasional movie and listening to songs.

not really a major concern

6) Anything else you would like to say? A good after sales support, downtime will really hurt my work

rider

as Kratos
@izzikio_rage For 15" Asus X54C-SX261D would be the best in your budget.

And for 14" Asus X44H-VX152D, but it will exceed your budget a little bit.

aroraanant

Explorer

Mainstream; 14" screen

6) Anything else you would like to say? A good after sales support, downtime will really hurt my work

Hmmm the answer is already here.
+1 to that.

Mainstream; 14" screen

+1 to that.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
I'll get my HP Pavilion G6 2005ax laptop in 3hours.. But am leaving for Delhi by tomorrow morning. So need to adjust all settings by today.. I've never actually used lappy much

a) @ other users of this lappy, I'll get 2 drives, C with about 425gb & D with the rest (about 65gb). Need to partition the C drive into 2-3 more. Will I have to format the system to do it? I wont get any recovery disks or any installation files.. Any sites/ways to make one?
b) The laptop can be unclocked and overclocked.. I need to know how to do it. (default 1.9ghz)
c) The laptop will cross 90degrees after 10minutes of gaming. How much will a cooler help regarding this? And how heated up will it be while playing low graphics game like fifa12?

+ any suggestion regarding the softwares/setups to be done in a new lappy will be helpful.

rider

as Kratos
I'll get my HP Pavilion G6 2005ax laptop in 3hours.. But am leaving for Delhi by tomorrow morning. So need to adjust all settings by today.. I've never actually used lappy much

a) @ other users of this lappy, I'll get 2 drives, C with about 425gb & D with the rest (about 65gb). Need to partition the C drive into 2-3 more. Will I have to format the system to do it? I wont get any recovery disks or any installation files.. Any sites/ways to make one?
b) The laptop can be unclocked and overclocked.. I need to know how to do it. (default 1.9ghz)
c) The laptop will cross 90degrees after 10minutes of gaming. How much will a cooler help regarding this? And how heated up will it be while playing low graphics game like fifa12?

+ any suggestion regarding the softwares/setups to be done in a new lappy will be helpful.

a)You can make partitions as much your needs with the help EASUS Partition Manager, I recommend you to make C: 100GB and rest drive divide by two and make two more drives.
Recovery is inside the HDD, Arrange 3-4 blank DVD discs, open the Hp recovery manager and write recovery discs.
b) Dunno much about working of new AMD A6 you can ask this in HP Pavilion G6-2005AX thread.
c)Open hp coolsense software and put both in coolest mode. And for coolpads I recommend you to buy at least Coolpad Evo Infinity.. only that can bring change in temperature above 5*C others only decrease 2-4*C

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

not possible in Trinity. Bios doesn't support OC.

the laptop stays cool that means even if system monitor shows 90, cooling system is working fine else you'll get a frying pan instead of laptop.

i recorded 59 max after 1hrs of gaming when discrete graphics was off and processor was underclocked.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
Problems/queries regarding HP Pavilion g6 2005ax

a) From windows experience index I'm getting only 5.6 & 6.2 in graphics respectively, while some users of this lappy posted here of getting 6.7 in each.. Will be very helpful if I can have the same
b) While installing a game, it is taking me significantly more time than what it takes in my AMD Athlon X4 desktop. How will this system fare in single tasking & single/dual core operations when compared to i3?

Overall this one seems pretty good after 12hours of purchase. Ran Arkham Asylum, Black Ops at highest settings. Waiting to see how NFS Run fares. Sucks that they couldnt even provide the recovery & driver disks.

rider

as Kratos
Problems/queries regarding HP Pavilion g6 2005ax

a) From windows experience index I'm getting only 5.6 & 6.2 in graphics respectively, while some users of this lappy posted here of getting 6.7 in each.. Will be very helpful if I can have the same
b) While installing a game, it is taking me significantly more time than what it takes in my AMD Athlon X4 desktop. How will this system fare in single tasking & single/dual core operations when compared to i3?

Overall this one seems pretty good after 12hours of purchase. Ran Arkham Asylum, Black Ops at highest settings. Waiting to see how NFS Run fares. Sucks that they couldnt even provide the recovery & driver disks.

Don't classify performance on the basis of windows experience index, it's a complete crap benchmark. Use 3D Mark 11 and compare.
hp never give recovery and driver discs, but they provide hp recover manager, as I said burn recovery discs. All drivers are included in that recovery discs, that you will burn.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i have tested this and yes compared to Athlon II X4, APU takes more time installing softwares. Try extracting a rar file and then you'll know how slow it really feels. i3 will easily outperform any APU in single task cause it have much higher IPC and clockspeed. Also in multitasking APU doesn't take a huge lead. Thats why APU laptop cost lot less than Intel based lappies. You can get discrete GPU less laptops at this price if you take the second route.
But in games both (if you pair them with same GPU) will go head to head. Its the heavy task that tax the APU. Browsing, documents, music, etc can be handled easily even if you do heavy multitasking.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey everyone, going forward with buying the Asus X54C-SX261D ... could someone please tell me if Asus has good after sales support?

far

Keep Going!
Can I partition myHDD 750 GB with Windows Disk Management or EASEUS.
what is unallocated before/after partition..which method I need to follow.

I just want C :250 GB and D :400 GB.. rest is reserved by system I guess...

Help !!! :(

Is there anyone here to help ??? :O

TDF members ...anyone here knows or ...?

har

In the zone
Which one seems the best ??

Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061) Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook
Samsung NP300E5X-A01IN: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

The G series seem the best. But I'm not sure. Please comment.

rider

as Kratos
Which one seems the best ??

Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061) Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook
Samsung NP300E5X-A01IN: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

The G series seem the best. But I'm not sure. Please comment.

Here is the best deal for cheapest core-i5 laptop
HP Laptop Price India, HP 2000-2116TU (3rd Gen core i5/2gb/500gb/DOS),Buy HP Laptops Online - Infibeam.com

Can I partition myHDD 750 GB with Windows Disk Management or EASEUS.
what is unallocated before/after partition..which method I need to follow.

I just want C :250 GB and D :400 GB.. rest is reserved by system I guess...

Help !!! :(

Is there anyone here to help ??? :O

TDF members ...anyone here knows or ...?

Dont use windows partition manager. Use Easus, its easy and the best you can make your partitions as your wish.
My recommendation is to make C: 100GB and make other three drives of 200GB approx each. Windows partition manager can only partition C: drive to 250GB and not more than 3 drives, totally cr@p.

Hey everyone, going forward with buying the Asus X54C-SX261D ... could someone please tell me if Asus has good after sales support?

It's good if you live in a metro city.

Top Bottom