All laptop related queries here!!!

far

Keep Going!
How does the hinge bend?Is it the lid which bends?
Last gen. of S series used to slide down when put on a slightly inclined surface(even the Z series has this problem)
How is the Toshiba Portege R830?
Any idea about hp Envy,Spectre or Folio?
My budget is not very rigid,can extend it,but do not want a very powerful thing.
Even SB i5 with 4GB of RAM and integrated gfx will be more than enough!
Just need a good screen.
Can anyone tell me is it possible to get X220 with IPS display locally(as hopefully I wont be travelling anymore till Dec)

Had S series for about 4.5 yrs.. lid never slid down unless until you force the slide..no matter u hold it upside down...

but well..this was a 2007 model

red dragon

Master troll
Yes,I was talking about 2011 models.
Even the Z series laptop slides down easily when kept on the trays of Airplanes.
My friend's one dropped so many times in our last trip!

I just ordered HP G6-2013TU laptop with COD option in Flipkart. What are the things that i need to check while receiving it. Like say, should i open the package in front of the delivery person, check the warranties..etc. This is my first experience buying online from Flipkart. Please provide a checklist..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I just ordered HP G6-2013TU laptop with COD option in Flipkart. What are the things that i need to check while receiving it. Like say, should i open the package in front of the delivery person, check the warranties..etc. This is my first experience buying online from Flipkart. Please provide a checklist..

Just check there is not physical damage + dead pixels on first glance. Other flaws, if there, will take time to get spotted.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Finally booked this one

Lenovo IdeaPad Y480 Laptop, 209388U, Dawn Grey, Intel Core i7-361

Not a big fan of Lenovo but the configuration was good for the price. Expecting it in last week of this month.

Just check there is not physical damage + dead pixels on first glance. Other flaws, if there, will take time to get spotted.
Ok. Do i need to check regarding warranty. I am slightly confused regarding warranty because only in Flipkart, this laptop is displayed with 1 year accidental damage protection. In other sites such as Infibeam or ITDepot, normal 1 year on-site warranty alone is provided. Warranty terms will be displayed in invoice or do i need to check it seperately?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ok. Do i need to check regarding warranty. I am slightly confused regarding warranty because only in Flipkart, this laptop is displayed with 1 year accidental damage protection. In other sites such as Infibeam or ITDepot, normal 1 year on-site warranty alone is provided. Warranty terms will be displayed in invoice or do i need to check it seperately?

Invoice + warranty card, if any. If you are confused about "special" warranty provided by flipkart, better call them.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Sony - SVS15115 - 69990 (street price 67)
Dell - Inspiron 15R SE - 54990 + VAT n delivery
Apple - MBP15 REtina- 1.5 lacs +
HP and lenovo I am not aware. They have no consumer laptops with FHD currently, but I guess there are Thinkpads and Elitebooks with FHD available at 1 lac +

far

Keep Going!
Guys.. How about BuyThePrice website.. Trustworthy ?. Thinking of ordering laptop from them... Anyone had any epxerience ..do share them..

^
Sony - SVS15115 - 69990 (street price 67)
Dell - Inspiron 15R SE - 54990 + VAT n delivery
Apple - MBP15 REtina- 1.5 lacs +
HP and lenovo I am not aware. They have no consumer laptops with FHD currently, but I guess there are Thinkpads and Elitebooks with FHD available at 1 lac +
Thanks

Sony - SVS15115 ?? can you give me the link (i googled it but :()

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Guys.. How about BuyThePrice website.. Trustworthy ?. Thinking of ordering laptop from them... Anyone had any epxerience ..do share them..

To be honest with you, for me flipkart is not even trustworthy. And I never recommend someone to buy anything without cash on delivery on these sites.

For expensive things better to buy it from market and bargain a lot.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
+1. You can get the laptop for cheaper from local stores than these online sites. Buytheprice is just ok, haven't heard much good feedback about them.
Btw rider can you tell fz8975 which is the cheapest full HD HP laptop ?

@fz8975
*www.sony.co.in/product/svs15115fn

far

Keep Going!
@ rider bro.. Sony Center wont evern bargain a penny.. they want to sell it for Max - MRP rate.. 58 k

and COD is not available over 20K .. :( . I found Buytheprice for 56k and I can get EMI option.. but worried about the service.

There are not many multibrand stores here in chennai..like other cities...

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Not Sony Center buddy. Try and look for it in small stores that deal in laptops. Sony Center and other big retailers like Croma, Ezone etc won't give any discount.

^
Not Sony Center buddy. Try and look for it in small stores that deal in laptops. Sony Center and other big retailers like Croma, Ezone etc won't give any discount.

thats true
i got my vaio discounted(by 1.5k) by one of my father's friend who knew a SONY dealer (got lucky)

rider

as Kratos
@ rider bro.. Sony Center wont evern bargain a penny.. they want to sell it for Max - MRP rate.. 58 k

and COD is not available over 20K .. :( . I found Buytheprice for 56k and I can get EMI option.. but worried about the service.

There are not many multibrand stores here in chennai..like other cities...
Who told you to buy from sony centre ? :-o They are just good to show and take demo. Not sure, but buytheprice looks genuine, many people bought phones from them ask about trust in mobile thread AFAIK its not a fake site, and about warranty ask them that you will get sony india service or not?

You live in a metro town, go to small but famous shops who can sell in much less and provide accessory gifts.

Btw rider can you tell fz8975 which is the cheapest full HD HP laptop ?
There is not a single Full HD 1080p laptop available in hp india right now. :?

Few months ago there was a core-i5 model with 1080p anti-glare screen.

Top Bottom