All laptop related queries here!!!

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Both have same panel. The SVE118 may have slightly better tuning than the cheaper model. No drastic difference though. As I said earlier, all notebooks in this range have average quality screens and the only exception is Dell Inspiron 15R SE. So between others you won't find much difference at all so as to make any influence on your choice. SVE118 screen is poor and so is the screen of Samsung 550p/Hp DV6/Asus and every other model.

Last edited:

nova

Banned
guys need your help urgently.. have a 25% discount coupon on samsung laptop... decided to buy Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN.. but i am not so sure about samsung ASS... help me plzzz

far

Keep Going!
^
Both have same panel. The SVE118 may have slightly better tuning than the cheaper model. No drastic difference though. As I said earlier, all notebooks in this range have average quality screens and the only exception is Dell Inspiron 15R SE. So between others you won't find much difference at all so as to make any influence on your choice. SVE118 screen is poor and so is the screen of Samsung 550p/Hp DV6/Asus and every other model.

How much does the 15RSE with Full HD cost ?...around 60k ?

far

Keep Going!
The Full HD version is 63 K + 5% VAT...outta my budget...and I cannot avail employee discount...

The non HD version itself cost around 58 k... sony I can get it for 56 K...

rider

as Kratos
but you can only get accidental cover onsite warranty only in hp and dell laptops, IMO this worth a lot dude.

It'll make the laptop completely insured.

far

Keep Going!
^ True but shoots up my budget by 8-9k :( .. 60k the max.. anything lesser would be great though ...

With sony ..I can get 2 yrs extended for 2.5k.. but no ADP... I'd be fine with that ..

red dragon

Master troll
Please suggest a thin and light Windows laptop.
Scree size 13-14 inch
Do not need dedicated gfx.
Need a nice screen,will be used for browsing,music,videos and couple of light statistics SW.
Budget-50-55k
Do prefer Vaio/Toshiba over Dell/hp

rider

as Kratos
^ True but shoots up my budget by 8-9k :( .. 60k the max.. anything lesser would be great though ...

With sony ..I can get 2 yrs extended for 2.5k.. but no ADP... I'd be fine with that ..

If it's fine for you, get the vaio laptop. :)

randomuser111

Technomancer
Please suggest a thin and light Windows laptop.
Scree size 13-14 inch
Do not need dedicated gfx.
Need a nice screen,will be used for browsing,music,videos and couple of light statistics SW.
Budget-50-55k
Do prefer Vaio/Toshiba over Dell/hp

Sony VAIO SVS13112EN seems to fit the bill.
Full power i5 3rd gen.
*www.sony.co.in/product/svs13112en

Toshiba only has ultrabook with ULV in this range.
Toshiba Satellite U840 Satellite U840-X4310 Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

Though both don't have good screens, well I'm sure you know already there are hardly any Windows notebooks with good screen below 1 lac. All are pretty much the same quality. So I guess you'd be better off with a MBP 13 2012. :)

red dragon

Master troll
Nah!
No more Macs for a couple of years.This time I am really determined and won't buy another Mac for sure!
How much does the new Zenbook cost in India?

The Vaio randmouser suggested looks good to me.
Anyone using it/similar Vaio?Is the screen really bad?What about the hinge?Has it improved?

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
The hinge is improved but the thing is its designed to bend by Sony. It isn't really meant to be rigid. How it works is if it bends, it wouldn't break. But if its rigid it will not bend and hence can't take the pressure of any impact and crack. You can see videos on Youtube explaining this.

Also the screen is average. If you view it directly head on its decent enough.

The zenbook costs 80+k I believe.

red dragon

Master troll
^
The hinge is improved but the thing is its designed to bend by Sony. It isn't really meant to be rigid. How it works is if it bends, it wouldn't break. But if its rigid it will not bend and hence can't take the pressure of any impact and crack.
How does the hinge bend?Is it the lid which bends?
Last gen. of S series used to slide down when put on a slightly inclined surface(even the Z series has this problem)
How is the Toshiba Portege R830?
Any idea about hp Envy,Spectre or Folio?
My budget is not very rigid,can extend it,but do not want a very powerful thing.
Even SB i5 with 4GB of RAM and integrated gfx will be more than enough!
Just need a good screen.
Can anyone tell me is it possible to get X220 with IPS display locally(as hopefully I wont be travelling anymore till Dec)

har

In the zone
@har
Genius, I was talking about 15 inch 1600x900 screen. Post your panel ID, I'll tell you how pathetic the parameters are for your display. The 17 incher is in fact slightly better than the 15 inch model. Or Samsung made special high quality 10000:1 contrast ratio matte screen specially for you ?
Your laptop is no doubt the most powerful laptop in its range and also the best Value in the 50k range without a shadow of a doubt. It's an absolute steal.
But to say its pathetic screen is "great" is nothing but fanboyism.
Dell Inspiron 15R FHD is far superior. And even the E series 1366x768 and HP DV6 1366x768 screens in the range are better.

@far

Go compare yourself both screens. Parameters don't lie. Below 150:1 contrast is amongst the worst.

Yeah bloody genius. It costed him 65k. You want me to post a pic of it or something ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
How does the hinge bend?Is it the lid which bends?
Last gen. of S series used to slide down when put on a slightly inclined surface(even the Z series has this problem)
How is the Toshiba Portege R830?
Any idea about hp Envy,Spectre or Folio?
My budget is not very rigid,can extend it,but do not want a very powerful thing.
Even SB i5 with 4GB of RAM and integrated gfx will be more than enough!
Just need a good screen.
Can anyone tell me is it possible to get X220 with IPS display locally(as hopefully I wont be travelling anymore till Dec)

You could try Ebay Global buy option to get the X220. (90k +) I don't think its available locally.
Toshiba R830 is great too though it comes with Sandybridge i5. Screen is about the same quality as S13. But it does come with a fingerprint reader and TPM which you don't get in the S13.
BTW you okay with ultrabooks ?
How about Vaio S15 ? Its a 15 incher but weighs just 300gms more than S13 and is as thin. Has a very good IPS Full HD panel with high contrast and excellent viewing angles. Will cost you about 65k. At least a good 20k cheaper than importing X220 IPS from US.
Take a look at this video to get an idea of the difference between S15 and S13/R830 etc.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=II0wKqjxVoc

@har

Mr. Genius I'd rather not argue with you anymore. Have fun with your super excellent 140:1 contrast ratio 25% sRGB color gamut washed out Samsung screen. OOPS sorry I meant infinite contrast Super Retina Super Duper AMOLED screen :cool:
I have no problem accepting facts, unlike you. If your laptop indeed had a good screen I would definitely accept that and recommend your laptop to others for its screen too.
I have no interest in Macbooks, in fact I hate Apple products but I have myself said MBP 13 has much better screen than any other Win based laptop upto 75k including Sony notebooks and I have no problem admitting that as its the FACT.
I recommended Dell Inspiron 15R SE also because of its good quality FHD screen but I don't really like Dell myself. I own VAIOs but I don't go around and say E series has best screen or S series has good screen because they simply don't have good screens and even though that's sad for me as a Sony Vaio owner I need to accept that.
But you clearly cannot face facts !!
Get it ?

Last edited:

har

In the zone
@har

Mr. Genius I'd rather not argue with you anymore. Have fun with your super excellent 140:1 contrast ratio 25% sRGB color gamut washed out Samsung screen. OOPS sorry I meant infinite contrast Super Retina Super Duper AMOLED screen :cool:
I have no problem accepting facts, unlike you. If your laptop indeed had a good screen I would definitely accept that and recommend your laptop to others for its screen too.
I have no interest in Macbooks, in fact I hate Apple products but I have myself said MBP 13 has much better screen than any other Win based laptop upto 75k including Sony notebooks and I have no problem admitting that as its the FACT.
I recommended Dell Inspiron 15R SE also because of its good quality FHD screen but I don't really like Dell myself. I own VAIOs but I don't go around and say E series has best screen or S series has good screen because they simply don't have a good screens and even though that's sad for me as a Sony owner I need to accept that.
But you clearly cannot face facts !!
Get it ?

WTF DUDE !!
I never said samsung had the best screen ever !! All I said is that the sony screen isnt particularly impressive !! it has extremely low brightness and the glossy screen makes it hard to use under hostel room tubelight !!

" I meant infinite contrast Super Retina Super Duper AMOLED screen "
OH man !! We hasve a Joker here. Oh wait I forgot to laugh :cryeyesout:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Oh you didn't huh ? Well I'm sure other members know whether or not you said that or not ;)

Haha the joker isn't me really. Complaining that your friend's bike can hit a top speed of just 50 kmph is being a joker when your own bike runs at 51 !
Cuz both have slow bikes and in your case poor screens. Nothing much to choose really between 50 and 51.

Anyway I'm not gonna reply to your ridiculous posts again.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
In the US yes, but India No.
GT640M LE on both models on sale in India. Though it has a hardware switch to select what GPU you wanna use - HD4000 (Stamina Mode) or Nvidia GT640M LE (Speed Mode) You could leave it on Stamina mode all the time.

Top Bottom