All laptop related queries here!!!

har

In the zone
1600*900 is only for 17" model !!

BTW why isnt a non bluray version available ?

Guys got the quotes :
i5 version=49000 rs including 3 year warranty
i7 version=58000 rs including 3 year warranty but its with bluray. The shopkeeper said he will check for i7 non blu ray model.

So I have decided on i5 for now. A good deal ?? Will buy day after tomorrow probably. Hope dv6 is launched pricely

rider

as Kratos
Don't forget dell and hp laptops are with accidental damage onsite warranty thats worths a lot for a buyer.

Is samsung providing onsite warranty?

har

In the zone
Don't forget dell and hp laptops are with accidental damage onsite warranty thats worths a lot for a buyer.

Is samsung providing onsite warranty?

IDK :|
But still gt650m at 49k with 3yr warranty---Its a dream come true !! :-D:-D

abhishekmaha

Broken In
I really wish there was a configuration with i7 and dvd drive...
I want i7 for future power...i'm not going to watch so many high quality movies...49k seems too low and 58k is definitely out of the question...wish there was a 52k version or something...:-?

How long will the i5 processor be enough for major games? At least 4-6 years, I hope...Core 2 Duo still remains the minimum requirement for so many games even now...will it travel through i3, i5, i7 route in getting outdated first?:?:

Anyway, GPU will do the job for many more years with good care:mrgreen::-D

It looks like a 2 year global warranty BTW...

har

In the zone
who told you of 3 years warranty, generally a laptop comes with a year warranty?

Special offer :-D:-D

I really wish there was a configuration with i7 and dvd drive...
I want i7 for future power...i'm not going to watch so many high quality movies...49k seems too low and 58k is definitely out of the question...wish there was a 52k version or something...:-?

How long will the i5 processor be enough for major games? At least 4-6 years, I hope...Core 2 Duo still remains the minimum requirement for so many games even now...will it travel through i3, i5, i7 route in getting outdated first?:?:

Anyway, GPU will do the job for many more years with good care:mrgreen::-D

It looks like a 2 year global warranty BTW...

There is supposed to be a non bluray version. I am searching for it. The dealer said he'll find out.

abhishekmaha

Broken In
You're probably right, but "Hope springs eternal"!!!:cool::cool:

Also, besides, I really don't require the BluRay Drive...I'm going to play every game I can on the best possible monster rig at a budget of around 50k...:)

Last edited:

har

In the zone
3DMARK06 score of np550p according to techradar:14361
15r se scored around 9500
Thats a huuuugeeee difference. GT650M is truly awesome :twisted:

abhishekmaha

Broken In
I really need to ask this...
My friend has an Acer Aspire 5755G...
it is a model from dubai...it has an intel hd graphics 3000 with 1760 mb dynamic video memory and core i5 2450m processor...
according to notebookcheck he should not be able to play any modern game...but time and again, i have played Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, The Godfather 2, L.A.Noire, Devil May Cry 4, Crysis(both), Batman(both) etc, with no lag at high settings for a 1366x768 resolution...there is no lag at all...I put benchmarks from options on Batman Arkham City and the fps was roughly locked at around 29-30...

How is this even possible? there is no information anywhere on the internet...the laptop does not get unreasonably heated up or anything...
I checked it 3 times if it had nvidia 540m or 630m but it was not there...

AntiAliasing was all switched on...still it was perfectly smooth...

What is this new graphics???:-?:-?

rider

as Kratos
I really need to ask this...
My friend has an Acer Aspire 5755G...
it is a model from dubai...it has an intel hd graphics 3000 with 1760 mb dynamic video memory and core i5 2450m processor...
according to notebookcheck he should not be able to play any modern game...but time and again, i have played Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, The Godfather 2, L.A.Noire, Devil May Cry 4, Crysis(both), Batman(both) etc, with no lag at high settings for a 1366x768 resolution...there is no lag at all...I put benchmarks from options on Batman Arkham City and the fps was roughly locked at around 29-30...

How is this even possible? there is no information anywhere on the internet...the laptop does not get unreasonably heated up or anything...
I checked it 3 times if it had nvidia 540m or 630m but it was not there...

AntiAliasing was all switched on...still it was perfectly smooth...

What is this new graphics???:-?:-?

Impossible! It definitely have 540M or 630M. May be you don't know specs properly.

Batman Arkham City can't run 30fps in high setting on AA with Intel HD 3000

abhishekmaha

Broken In
I searched the control panel for nVidia control panel and also tried "Ctrl+Alt+f12"...all that i could see was intel hd graphics...i don't know how on earth he is managing to play all those games and he doesn't care...i'll try to get some pics if possible...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I searched the control panel for nVidia control panel and also tried "Ctrl+Alt+f12"...all that i could see was intel hd graphics...i don't know how on earth he is managing to play all those games and he doesn't care...i'll try to get some pics if possible...

simply run GPU_Z and check what GPU is there. If it shows Intel HD3000 check the dropdown panel and it should show GT540/630 there.

abhishekmaha

Broken In
exactly...then how is mass effect 3 running so fast? i almost forgot to tell you: he cant play gta 4...he told me that the charcter is seen but the buildings are all blocky...but no nvidia card...

ok i will try GPU_Z software and find out tomorrow when I go to his house...

har

In the zone
3DMARK11 score of samsung np550p i5 version:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. SAMSUNG_NP1234567890 score: P2625 3DMarks

rider

as Kratos
3DMARK11 score of samsung np550p i5 version:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. SAMSUNG_NP1234567890 score: P2625 3DMarks

Awesome for below 50k.

nova

Banned
Hi Everyone. i am new to TDF. i am planning to buy a laptop and liked the config. of Asus K53SD-SX809D. I am not a big fan of laptops with AMD processors. So can you guys give some reviews regarding the the above laptop or suggest something within the same price range. Thanks.

Top Bottom