All laptop related queries here!!!

FrozenWarrior

Right off the assembly line
Hello. Could really do with some advice here. Basically, I'm stuck between two laptops and would appreciate any assistance.

I'm leaning towards the HP Envy 6-1002TX. Simply because this one's a beauty.
Specifications:

Processor Core i5 (3rd Generation)
Variant 3317U
Chipset Intel HM77
Clock Speed 1.7 GHz
Cache 3 MB (L3 Cache)
System Memory 4 GB DDR3
RPM 5400
HDD Capacity 500 GB
Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit)
Screen Size 15.6 Inch
Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixel
Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity 2 GB
Graphic Processor AMD Radeon HD 7670M

The other option I had in mind was the Dell Inspiron 15R SE.
The specifications are more or less the same. 3rd gen i5, 4GB, 1366x768.

Differences are in the graphic card, HD 7730, the HDD 1TB and the clock speed.

The price for both is more or less identical. I basically need the laptop for Web Surfing, Office and Productivity Software, Movie Streaming and Viewing and casual gaming and common engineering related softwares. I'm looking to keep the same for the next 3 years or so.

Thanks.

har

In the zone
Hello. Could really do with some advice here. Basically, I'm stuck between two laptops and would appreciate any assistance.

I'm leaning towards the HP Envy 6-1002TX. Simply because this one's a beauty.
Specifications:

Processor Core i5 (3rd Generation)
Variant 3317U
Chipset Intel HM77
Clock Speed 1.7 GHz
Cache 3 MB (L3 Cache)
System Memory 4 GB DDR3
RPM 5400
HDD Capacity 500 GB
Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit)
Screen Size 15.6 Inch
Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixel
Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity 2 GB
Graphic Processor AMD Radeon HD 7670M

The other option I had in mind was the Dell Inspiron 15R SE.
The specifications are more or less the same. 3rd gen i5, 4GB, 1366x768.

Differences are in the graphic card, HD 7730, the HDD 1TB and the clock speed.

The price for both is more or less identical. I basically need the laptop for Web Surfing, Office and Productivity Software, Movie Streaming and Viewing and casual gaming and common engineering related softwares. I'm looking to keep the same for the next 3 years or so.

Thanks.

The processors are not the same. Envy uses ULV processors which is ultra low voltage processors. You can do light gaming with the envy 6. Like you can play arkham city at low settings well but cant go beyond. Its more for portability,lightweight and slighty better battery. If you want a ultra powerfull laptop compromising a bit of portability buy samsung np550P at 50k

Drop the idea of inspiron 15rse. Not worth it !!

sakii

\m/ \m/

I think we cannot drop Dell SE just coz samsung better alternative is available. :)
There are many who will prefer complete accidental warranty cover of dell + still we are not sure what all goodies samsung will provide with machine ( U have to verify tht :razz:) atleast Dell gives bundle fo CD/DVD with it.

Aftr awl every brand has loyal customer.

rider

as Kratos
I think we cannot drop Dell SE just coz samsung better alternative is available. :)
There are many who will prefer complete accidental warranty cover of dell + still we are not sure what all goodies samsung will provide with machine ( U have to verify tht :razz:) atleast Dell gives bundle fo CD/DVD with it.

Yea, the complete complete accidental warranty is only in hp and dell.
The bundle DVD is of not an issue, you can download windows from microsoft website and put the your serial key written in the bottom of the laptop.

har

In the zone

Dell asks 9k for 3 year warranty. Accidental cover or not 9k is a lot which I could never afford. Samsung 4 year warranty is available at 100$=5000-6000rs max. 2yr warranty is standard.

rider

as Kratos
Dell asks 9k for 3 year warranty. Accidental cover or not 9k is a lot which I could never afford. Samsung 4 year warranty is available at 100$=5000-6000rs max. 2yr warranty is standard.

The samsung laptops service centers are less and their is no mentioning of onsite service like hp and dell. Accidental cover worths every penny, if anything happen to a laptop they replace for free of cost. What if anything happen to the motherboard in no accidental cover.. for this pay almost 20k more for new one.

sakii

\m/ \m/

Dude....tht completly agreed. But u know.... for many thts insurance policy for 55K investment & offcourse willingly or not dey r agree to pay.

It's matter of Choice !!!

The samsung laptops service centers are less and their is no mentioning of onsite service like hp and dell. Accidental cover worths every penny, if anything happen to a laptop they replace for free of cost. What if anything happen to the motherboard in no accidental cover.. for this pay almost 20k more for new one.

Yes.....exactly correct. Thought of it makes me :shock::shock:

FrozenWarrior

Right off the assembly line
The processors are not the same. Envy uses ULV processors which is ultra low voltage processors. You can do light gaming with the envy 6. Like you can play arkham city at low settings well but cant go beyond. Its more for portability,lightweight and slighty better battery. If you want a ultra powerfull laptop compromising a bit of portability buy samsung np550P at 50k

Ah, I'll take your word on the 15R. About the envy 6 now.
As I said, I'm not much into gaming. I guess FIFA is the about the only game I'll be playing, so as long as it works for the next 2-3 years, I guess we're set.

rider

as Kratos
As I said, I'm not much into gaming. I guess FIFA is the about the only game I'll be playing, so as long as it works for the next 2-3 years, I guess we're set.

Get Envy 6, its a great laptop and will full-fill your needs.

har

In the zone

If FIFA is the only game you play, Envy 6 is perfect for you. Its slim,lightweight,looks awesme and gives 5.5 hr battery life.
There is this awesome 2 part video review of the envy 6 which covers every part of it. You may see that too.

HP ENVY 6t Ultrabook Laptop Full In-Depth Review Part 1 (High Quality) - YouTube
HP ENVY 6t Ultrabook Laptop Full In-Depth Review Part 2 - I Responded To Your Questions - YouTube

Do post pics :twisted:

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
@ har

congrats for your new samsung laptop dude...

but tell me something where did u get it from because this model in not on the samsung site nor is it on any online shopping site....i'm a bit confused....

har

In the zone
@ har

congrats for your new samsung laptop dude...

but tell me something where did u get it from because this model in not on the samsung site nor is it on any online shopping site....i'm a bit confused....

I got it from a local dealer. Almost all dealers in Kerala have it. I heard samsung showrooms have the models on display now too :mrgreen:

FINEMAN

Broken In
I have decided to buy Lenovo Z Series Z580 (59-333651). A lenovo reseller said me the price is 37.5k (with gifts like Backpack,wired mouse,headphone). I don't wanna a headphone.So is the price is right? What things should be checked when buying a lapotop from a store ? Cause i've heard things like that some shops change the RAM or something.Give me some advice.

Top Bottom