All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
Hi Everyone. i am new to TDF. i am planning to buy a laptop and liked the config. of Asus K53SD-SX809D. I am not a big fan of laptops with AMD processors. So can you guys give some reviews regarding the the above laptop or suggest something within the same price range. Thanks.

Samsung NP300E5Z-A0HIN is better option, the specs are value for money. You will get core-i5, 4GB RAM, 750 GB HDD and awesome slim bezel anti-glare LED display by samsung. The battery backup is 2x better that is upto 6 hours and cycles are 3x better 1000.

Yeah Rs. 49,999/- Technically under 50 K... lol.

steal at this price.!!

nova

Banned
Samsung NP300E5Z-A0HIN is better option, the specs are value for money. You will get core-i5, 4GB RAM, 750 GB HDD and awesome slim bezel anti-glare LED display by samsung. The battery backup is 2x better that is upto 6 hours and cycles are 3x better 1000.

but the samsung laptop doesn't have a graphics card. so i think its not possible to play games like BF3 & COD on this laptop

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@nova
Check this out Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061)
Locally it is available for around 31-32k.
It comes with 3rd gen i5,hd4000 as IGP and contains usb3.0 ports.
If you dont want to go for Amd trinity-based HP Pavilion G6-2005AX then you can go with the lenovo one.

abhishekmaha

Broken In
Hello guys,

I have a small doubt here...I read articles on the web that state that ivy bridge processors are not actually better than sandy bridge processors...

Intel's Ivy Bridge Hotter Than Sandy Bridge When Overclocked

Apparently, ivy bridge is cooler at the original frequency but when it is overclocked, the heat shoots up due to faulty solder material...

Ivy bridge is more power efficient at the original stock speed though...Could this be the trouble that Samsung users were facing? But, the Dell Inspiron 15r se didnt have any trouble...Now, I'm confused...:-?:-?:-?:-?

har

In the zone
Hello guys,

I have a small doubt here...I read articles on the web that state that ivy bridge processors are not actually better than sandy bridge processors...

Intel's Ivy Bridge Hotter Than Sandy Bridge When Overclocked

Apparently, ivy bridge is cooler at the original frequency but when it is overclocked, the heat shoots up due to faulty solder material...

Ivy bridge is more power efficient at the original stock speed though...Could this be the trouble that Samsung users were facing? But, the Dell Inspiron 15r se didnt have any trouble...Now, I'm confused...:-?:-?:-?:-?

Different thermal technology.
This will answer your question:
Why is Ivy Bridge so hot and bothered? - The Tech Report

Safe temps for i7 bu intel is 105 degrees. So yeah temps are more.

Samsung problem--gt650m is a bleeding-edge card and so proper drivers arent out yet. It will get better with time. The new beta drivers have improved the performance and temperatures.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Local computer dealer. Even he was shocked at the price:performance ratio :p
gt650m is nooooo cheap card. Its in the highest tier of graphics cards :-D

@ HAR >> Awesome:-D. Tell me one thing online its 2 yr international warranty...from dealer U r getting three yr. So can u ask how come ?? & Can he help to locate any such dealer in mumbai or in Guajrat.

This is seriously nyc stuff to buy. :mrgreen: Even I wont wait nymore to get it.

Also the notebookcheck.net review is of 550P7C-S02DE not of S50P5C .. will it matter ??:|

rider

as Kratos
@ HAR >> Awesome:-D. Tell me one thing online its 2 yr international warranty...from dealer U r getting three yr. So can u ask how come ?? & Can he help to locate any such dealer in mumbai or in Guajrat.

This is seriously nyc stuff to buy. :mrgreen: Even I wont wait nymore to get it.

Also the notebookcheck.net review is of 550P7C-S02DE not of S50P5C .. will it matter ??:|

the notebook check review was of 17" model and of some other country. Yes it matters.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Local computer dealer. Even he was shocked at the price:performance ratio :p
gt650m is nooooo cheap card. Its in the highest tier of graphics cards :-D

Is her offereing same price to u + 3 yr warranty.

PS: Yeaah....I knew tht. GT650M is not cheap card. :razz:

har

In the zone
Guys ordered Samsung NP550P.

Order details:i5+6GB ram+GT650m+2 year warranty(its not 3 year, the shopkeeper was wrong)=50k

i7 model with blu ray and 8GB available at 57k.
Only silver colour.

The second option is better I feel but i5 is more than enough for my needs and fits nicely in my budget :)

HURRAYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

I will make a new thread(should i post here under laptops or under reviews section ??).Also please give me a list of tests and benchmarks to run.Is 3dmark and 3dvantage enough ? And I only have crysis and assasins creed 2 setups with me now. Will post fps.

Cant stop smiling :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

sakii

\m/ \m/
Guys ordered Samsung NP550P.

Order details:i5+6GB ram+GT650m+2 year warranty(its not 3 year, the shopkeeper was wrong)=50k

i7 model with blu ray and 8GB available at 57k.
Only silver colour.

The second option is better I feel but i5 is more than enough for my needs and fits nicely in my budget :)

HURRAYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

I will make a new thread(should i post here under laptops or under reviews section ??).Also please give me a list of tests and benchmarks to run.Is 3dmark and 3dvantage enough ? And I only have crysis and assasins creed 2 setups with me now. Will post fps.

Cant stop smiling :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Great.

Do me a favour buddy.....plz ask ur dealer if he can locate a dealer for me in Mumbai or Surat.... ( I am stuck in between both & Due to work can visit only at weekend:-x) HLP HLP HLP.

har

In the zone
Sure thing. But I doubt he will know.
I cant believe its not available in Mumbai but is available in my small town :-o
I'm lucky.

BTW I forgot to ask delivery period :lol: Will update :p

andy_65_in

Padawan
AMD made in usa(china) toshiba satellite lap presented by brother -the keys sometimes start jumping ie if i were to type START i may land up typing STRAT-.also sluggish mousepad response

sakii

\m/ \m/
Sure thing. But I doubt he will know.
I cant believe its not available in Mumbai but is available in my small town :-o
I'm lucky.

BTW I forgot to ask delivery period :lol: Will update :p

:p Its not like that buddy.........not at awll lyk tht.....!!! :facepalm: Its just that I have less tym to hunt for dealer in Mumbai or Surat (Gujarat) thts it.

PS: God knows...ur dealer get it imported frm mumbai only :mrgreen:

har

In the zone
:p Its not like that buddy.........not at awll lyk tht.....!!! :facepalm: Its just that I have less tym to hunt for dealer in Mumbai or Surat (Gujarat) thts it.

PS: God knows...ur dealer get it imported frm mumbai only :mrgreen:

LOL !! Sorry. Misunderstanding :oops:

I'm too excited to be sensible !! Please understand :-D

har

In the zone
Yeah....it happens. Party tym for U. cheers.

Party begins only on tuesday :-( 3 days wait and the waits already killing me :p
No idea how sisley and others waited for weeks for their laptop to come !!
Amazing survival skills :wink:

rider

as Kratos
All of you guys talking about samsung laptops can discuss here.

Party begins only on tuesday :-( 3 days wait and the waits already killing me :p
No idea how sisley and others waited for weeks for their laptop to come !!
Amazing survival skills :wink:

Please delete your post

@rider--You forgot the main selling point:NVidia GT650M graphics card standard :mrgreen:

I was writing and you post that in excitement. :-x

Top Bottom