All laptop related queries here!!!

chinmaya

Journeyman
In any case the sammy is just 58k even with bluray. Without it may cost only arnd 52-53k !! And samsung warranty is much cheaper. Whereas inspiron 17r costs 65k !! Thats a HUGE difference !! The sammy has a matte screen too !! A difference of 10k just for a gddr5 instead of i7 ? Not worth it :wink:

how reliable are samsung laptops? i mean in terms of heating issues, performance and after sales service.

SijuS

Broken In
Yes, it is real, yes it is better than inspiron SE, people buying inspiron because they are not aware of this model, it might be launched in a week or so and you can buy it from nehru place samsung laptops shop, never buy any big product like this laptop from flipkart with no COD option. COD option is limited to 50k product range.

Okay. And yeah, I never buy expensive things online. I'd prefer to go to the store and check it out myself before buying. The Samsung one sounds like a real good deal. I'll actually wait for a month more and see what HP has to offer.

Hope that some TDF member buys the Samsung one soon, so that we can get some pictures and some detailed reviews with benchmarks!

rider

as Kratos
how reliable are samsung laptops? i mean in terms of heating issues, performance and after sales service.

Why you need a laptop, you already have a nice gaming desktop with GT 550 Ti?

Okay. And yeah, I never buy expensive things online. I'd prefer to go to the store and check it out myself before buying. The Samsung one sounds like a real good deal. I'll actually wait for a month more and see what HP has to offer.

Hope that some TDF member buys the Samsung one soon, so that we can get some pictures and some detailed reviews with benchmarks!

If everyone started thinking like you, no one will buy that awesome samsung laptop. Samsung is a good company, working really hard to occupy laptop market. Their series 3 laptops are good, having awesome 6hrs battery life and 1000 cycles. I think the quality of this high laptop would be great too.

SijuS

Broken In
I dont have anything against Samsung or any other brand for the matter. But I'm expecting HP to launch their laptops soon, in competition to Dell, and now Samsung! I'm in no sort of hurry, so I'd wait. If HP comes up with something good then I'd buy it right away and I'd review it myself. If not, I'll get the Samsung one for sure ;)

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Hello guys, I haven't been in touch with new laptop releases for a long time so I m not aware of the newer models out in the market. So please help me find a suitable laptop. The query is quite general so I thought it better not to make a new thread.

Laptop will be used mostly for gaming and for other multimedia purposes like watching movies etc and some programming in Java and C++.

Budget is 40,000.

Battery life is not a concern though more the better.

No specific screen choices. 1366X768 will do. But screen size must be 15".

I have pinpointed Asus K53SM SX010D through some research. Are there better alternatives for the price?

rider

as Kratos
@utkarsh
Buy New Dell Inspiron 15R it is better than overpriced asus model which comes with DOS, no HD webcam and no damage cover warranty.
It has HD 7670M that is better GPU than GT 630M.

Raptor1989

Broken In
Guys, I'm confused. Reading all your posts. I'll keep it simple. I need a laptop as a replacement for my PC. I'll be using it for high-end gaming. I have a few demands.

1. Definitely i7, preferably with 3rd gen processor, but won't be unhappy with a 2nd gen one too.
2. 8GB DDR3 RAM is must, if more is available at nominal price rise, no harm.
3. Must have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.
4. 1TB HDD or more.
5. 15.6" or more screen size.
6. Obviously with a good graphics card, 2GB DDR3, preferably GT 650M.

My budget is 70k. Please suggest a laptop. Dell, Samsung or Lenovo. I stay near Kolkata. References to a few shops will be helpful. Thanks.

shuhailnp

Journeyman
Hello
How is this laptop , i m thinking of buying it ..

Samsung NP305U1A-A06IN

Samsung NP305U1A-A06IN: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Netbook

or please suggest better one of same category ..

rider

as Kratos
Hello
How is this laptop , i m thinking of buying it ..

Samsung NP305U1A-A06IN

Samsung NP305U1A-A06IN: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Netbook

or please suggest better one of same category ..

It is not a complete laptop it is an AMD netbook. Better to increase your budget to 25k and get a good proper intel laptop Asus X54C-SX261D

Guys, I'm confused. Reading all your posts. I'll keep it simple. I need a laptop as a replacement for my PC. I'll be using it for high-end gaming. I have a few demands.

1. Definitely i7, preferably with 3rd gen processor, but won't be unhappy with a 2nd gen one too.
2. 8GB DDR3 RAM is must, if more is available at nominal price rise, no harm.
3. Must have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.
4. 1TB HDD or more.
5. 15.6" or more screen size.
6. Obviously with a good graphics card, 2GB DDR3, preferably GT 650M.

My budget is 70k. Please suggest a laptop. Dell, Samsung or Lenovo. I stay near Kolkata. References to a few shops will be helpful. Thanks.

Go to samsung laptop shop and know about this model NP550P5C-S02IN

Some shops' addresses

chinmaya

Journeyman
Why you need a laptop, you already have a nice gaming desktop with GT 550 Ti?

need a laptop due to the following reasons:-

1. me and my younger bro are gamers and we are 3 comp users and have only 1 comp.

2.next year i may be out of city or state for my pg.

3. finding it difficult to work at project sites( pursuing my btech final yr Mech)

chinmaya

Journeyman
dell inspiron 15se with fulld screen without cc, 750gb at 7200rpm or 15se (1368*768) with cc, 1tb at 5400 which one is better.

all the other specs are i7 3612qm, 8gb, backlit keyboard.

andy_65_in

Padawan
just intersted in a internet browser laptop-is the sony sve15113en/b/w being offered at Rs 31,000 at my place rorkee a good buy-it has a i3 processor etc.i dnt want to go beyong 32,000

rider

as Kratos
just intersted in a internet browser laptop-is the sony sve15113en/b/w being offered at Rs 31,000 at my place rorkee a good buy-it has a i3 processor etc.i dnt want to go beyong 32,000

its a good model but take a look on samsung series 3 laptop with core-i5 which costs 32k too.

will consider the samsung as per ur suggestions but ehich one of the mentioned two is better?

Sorry, I can't understand what models you are saying and what is without cc?

utkarsh73

Journeyman
@utkarsh
Buy New Dell Inspiron 15R it is better than overpriced asus model which comes with DOS, no HD webcam and no damage cover warranty.
It has HD 7670M that is better GPU than GT 630M.

Inspiron 15R certainly looks better but it goes up to 42.5K and that too without VAT. I will inquire locally to know the actual street price.

Top Bottom