Alan Wake for PC

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Few questions I wanted to ask... All of you downloaded it off steam?? How much did it cost in Rs??? how big is the download size??? any idea if retail version would be available in India??

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Completed the main game. Last chapter felt rush and encounters with the taken felt mundane during the final chapter. Still a very good game, with fantastic narration and presentation.

P.S.: Is this only me or did any one find the ending to be a bit confusing?

DDIF

Custom User Title
Few questions I wanted to ask... All of you downloaded it off steam?? How much did it cost in Rs??? how big is the download size??? any idea if retail version would be available in India??
Yes my friend:

Buy Alan Wake Limited Collector's Edition for PC in India at the best price. Screenshots, videos, reviews available.

Buy Alan Wake for PC in India at the best price. Screenshots, videos, reviews available.

Pretty expensive though.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys, Rose called !

Woods chapter was scary, esp the chainsaw wielding guy. I like the Silent Hill vibe.

And the soundtrack, episode system is just so good.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
game is pretty good.
Story totally borders on crazy and feels just a little stupid sometimes if you think about it.
But anyways, the game is awesome and addictive. Good fun.

It gets kind of repetitive, same environments. Same enemies. But redeems the value once you reach Hartman mansion.

Woods level is probably the most scariest, partly because I was excepting a "Taken" bear and other animals to jump from the bushes and because the weapons/flashlight options were bare minimum.

Poltergeists are formidable lookin but can be easily tackled.

Presentation is pretty good and the episode system works well.

Anderson farm was pretty funny, considering the Viking metal concert with barry. Lots of fireworks to execute finale.

It reminded me of Silent Hill, moreso if the original plot was followed
Alan Wake is a bestselling horror/suspense writer. Early on in his career, his fiancé Alice, was his muse. When he’d first met her, he had started to see strange dreams which he used as material for his first book. The book was a big success. It was a dream come true.

But then Wake’s fiancé vanished without a trace. Wake was devastated. After that, he couldn’t write anymore. His dreams stopped and he began to suffer from insomnia.

At the beginning of the game, Wake travels to a sleep clinic to seek treatment for his condition. The secluded clinic is located near the small town of Bright Falls, Washington, far away from the stressful urban lifestyle. Receiving treatment at the clinic, Wake is able to sleep again. At the clinic, he meets a mysterious woman who is the very image of his missing fiancé, uncannily so. At once, his dreams return, this time as terrible nightmares. Wake begins to write again: a new book based on those nightmares.

But something is horribly, horribly wrong.

Impossibly, the town of Bright Falls starts to change to something awful that bears a close resemblance to Wake’s new book. Wake ends up fighting for his life with a gun and a flashlight in his hands, trying to understand what’s happening.

Lighting system is fantastic and the lushness of environments gives an illusion of open ended gameplay. Cutscenes are ok but trail behind the current gen graphics. Character detailing is average, textures are not pretty if you look close. While SH 4 and SH 3 got better detailing IMO for their time of release.

I can't feel enough sympathy for Mr. Alan Wake. Characters are shallow to say. I simply don't care if Alice lives or dies (while it was not so in Silent Hill 2, I actually cared for Maria/Mary). So much about the animations remind me of Max Payne (try strafing left and the signature leg movement is still there).

Sound effects give a chill down the spine. Suggest you to play with your most isolating earphones with good highs and textured lows.

One can press TAB key to change character positioning from right to left and vice versa.

Will update final impression after completing the main story.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Resumed the game.:D i feel it has been greatly inspired from the movie the shining.Heck they have also mentioned nicholson's name.:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Resumed the game.:D i feel it has been greatly inspired from the movie the shining.Heck they have also mentioned nicholson's name.:D

Wait till you see the maze and fireaxe scene.

Completed the game. Ending was nothing remarkable compared to the what happens at dam, I hoped they could have ended the game at that point.

I still keep my words that I couldn't care if Alice lives in the game or not. It lacks at emotional level.

Only likeable character was Barry and somewhat the sheriff.

Game was challenging in the woods and at 2-3 other points. I never had to replace batteries of my flashlight later on.

Havok is used brilliantly in the game.

7.5/10 from me because. One time playable, no replay value.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This was some tough ****
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7234/7030629557_f3fb6d9386_z.jpg

DLC has got difficulty ramped up, more novel and dynamic. Haven't got into the story, if there is any.

OP
V

varunb

Working in an IT company
Alan Wake - American Nightmare for PC

Alan Wake's American Nightmare is heading to PC on May 22nd!

This critically acclaimed game has been revamped for the PC with stunning high-resolution graphics and enhanced PC features.

In celebration of the impending launch, Remedy is offering gamers a motherload of discounts on Alan Wake. Pre-orders of American Nightmare on Steam or GOG will receive 10% off their purchase. For purchasers of the original Alan Wake, an additional 15% off is available! Alan Wake is now part of Steam’s Midweek Madness (only 72 hours!) available at 50% off. This offer is also available on GOG.

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare will go on sale in retail shortly after through Nordic Games.

Full press release can be read here:
Alan Wake

PRE-ORDER ON STEAM HERE:
Save 10% on Alan Wake's American Nightmare on Steam

Last edited:
Top Bottom