Advice on Nokia Lumia 920

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Why not have a look at Xperia Z?

1. arriving atleast april end or starting of may
2. going to be over 40k at that point
3. 5 inch screen everyone cant manage with.
4. xperia z is LTE, so maybe it will launch with airtel 4G. else expect only zl to launch in india... (officially)

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Heavy,but not uncomfortable at all.Yes,pocketable,but not sure how will it go with skinny jeans.Best part -it does not need a case.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ You mean the 8X

+ 8X
Thinner at the edges
Lighter
Cheaper
Better design (For some people. Very subjective and personally I feel the 920 is better designed)
Better music output (marginal)

- 8X
Max 16G, not expandable
No dedicated navigation app or Lenses
Smaller battery (marginal)
Comparatively inferior camera

+ 920
32G
Much better camera (significant)
Wireless charging (Not very useful unless the charger is free)
Bigger battery (marginal)
Better music recording (significant, miles ahead of One X or S3)
Dedicated offline navigation + Nokia apps + Lenses
Better screen
Built to survive a nuclear explosion in your backyard :D

Heavier/bigger
Pricier

That's all I can think of.

Barpanda

Broken In
I'm not sure about audio quality, but I like the phone overall. As far as a Win 8 phone being a 'major' threat to iOS... that couldn't be further from the truth.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Yes, sorry for the typo.Have corrected it now.

But the quality of HTC products is much better than that of Nokia, we all know that.
assuming you are talking about build quality:

not true, id say HTC phones use premium materials in high end phones.... but build quality is at par with nokia.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
But the quality of HTC products is much better than that of Nokia, we all know that.

I have to disagree. I have used the one X, arguably the best "built" HTC high end phone. Its no better than a Lumia 800. I'd call them equals.

"Much better" ?
Definitely no. I've heard the back of the 8X is lovely, but then the 920 can put a car/bowling machine/nails/hammer to shame. So its a tie/920 win IMO. Also remember that 920 has matte versions : Black and grey.

aroraanant

Explorer
assuming you are talking about build quality:

not true, id say HTC phones use premium materials in high end phones.... but build quality is at par with nokia.

Its not only about build quality, there use to be a lot of difference in touch response, processing and few other things as well.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
Lumia series was the first true smartphone Nokia has had (except the few symbians, but we wont talk about them anymore) and it definitely didnt have any issues concerning touch that I know of. In outright smoothness of touch operation, even the Lumia 510 beats the One X and thats a phone costing more than thrice as much. Most of that is down to the OS anyways. And in any case the 920's screen has better sensitivity than the 8X's and there are no two thoughts about it. Even if I dont use a glove or would never use my doorkey on the screen, its reassuring to know.

I just checked out a Note 2 at my nearby croma yesterday, and at 183 grams it dint feel as heavy as I expected it to be. That was a pleasant surprise considering I had gotten a little concerned with the "heavy" tag associated with the 920. Wonder why I haven't heard of the same about the Note 2 anywhere. And regarding processing, again the two phones are matched in this case. And if you are talking of the processing of images shot with the camera, then again the 920 is the one that has the upper hand.

I am not trying to change your opinion of anything, to each his own, but the points that you mentioned are not valid ones, thats all. Peace. :)

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
May be your are right, but all I said that, it was the case before, I am not aware about the latest Win 8 phones out there, but surely will get my hands on them soon and then will come to a conclusion.
Peace :)

Top Bottom