Advice on cooling cabinet upgrade - fan setup

my advice would be to have a neutral pressure.one front intake, one side intake, one top exhaust and one back exhaust.best config, as it keeps all components (including hdd and gpu) with flowing air.
Neutral pressure is okay to implement if you can manage large air flow, such ar 3 intakes and 3 exhausts.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
> I know it already has a 120 mm rear exhaust fan, I'm asking you to add 1 more rear exhaust fan, and two top exhaust fans.

> Hyper 210 evo comes with only 1 fan which pushes air on the heatsink. Either leave it as it is, or install one more fan on ot which pulls air from the heat sink to create a pull-push config. A fan should ALWAYS push air onto HS instead of pulling it.

Can an additional rear exhaust be fixed in the carbide 500r ? I am not sure where.. looking at the rear view of the cabinet. *www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2011/corsair-r500/IMG_5119.jpg

Also, the space between the rear exhaust fan & the hyper 212 cooler fan is very minimal. Will this not cause a problem where-in the cpu fan is trying to push air in & the exhaust fan is trying to suck the air out ?

@ ZTR - thank you for that wonderful link. I shall go through it.

Can an additional rear exhaust be fixed in the carbide 500r ? I am not sure where.. looking at the rear view of the cabinet. *www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2011/corsair-r500/IMG_5119.jpg

Also, the space between the rear exhaust fan & the hyper 212 cooler fan is very minimal. Will this not cause a problem where-in the cpu fan is trying to push air in & the exhaust fan is trying to suck the air out ?

@ ZTR - thank you for that wonderful link. I shall go through it.

Correct:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9684&stc=1

Incorrect:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9685&stc=1

Attachments

• correct.jpg
    correct.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 126
  • incorrect.jpg
    incorrect.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 135
OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Thanks a lot for all the valuable help !

Just completed the installation on the new 500r and its really awesome. Tremendous difference in the temperatures !

<After about 10 mins of benchmarking test program in both the cases>

Earlier :

HDD's - 49 to 52
Mobo - 45 to 50
CPU - 50 to 56
Core - 55 to 60
GPU - 75 +

Now :

HDD's - 34
Mobo - 36
CPU - 39
Core - 42
GPU - 63

What a hell lot of mistake I have made by using my old cabinet for this new build ! really pity the components of my pc for suffering all these days !

Pics of build as below. Please advice on any possible changes / cable management tips. Somehow felt it was not similar to the 'neat' builds shown in reviews of the case. (Motherboard layout maybe?)

Note: I've changed the position of the hyper 212 cpu fan to the one shown as below after taking the pics.

*img818.imageshack.us/img818/667/28032013950.jpg

*img24.imageshack.us/img24/5079/28032013952.jpg

*img11.imageshack.us/img11/1658/28032013953.jpg

*img541.imageshack.us/img541/7883/28032013955.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all the valuable help !

Just completed the installation on the new 500r and its really awesome. Tremendous difference in the temperatures !

<After about 10 mins of benchmarking test program in both the cases>

Earlier :

HDD's - 49 to 52
Mobo - 45 to 50
CPU - 50 to 56
Core - 55 to 60
GPU - 75 +

Now :

HDD's - 34
Mobo - 36
CPU - 39
Core - 42
GPU - 63

What a hell lot of mistake I have made by using my old cabinet for this new build ! really pity the components of my pc for suffering all these days !

Pics of build as below. Please advice on any possible changes / cable management tips. Somehow felt it was not similar to the 'neat' builds shown in reviews of the case. (Motherboard layout maybe?)

Note: I've changed the position of the hyper 212 cpu fan to the one shown as below after taking the pics.

oops.. posted high res pics by mistake. shall re-post with resize

> Congratulations and great effect there :D

> thanks for that (bolded part) :p

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
@harsh
:D yes, it's done now.

@ doom
I have changed the fan's position post taking the pics.. also, I guess there is no pull config with the hyper 212 using the 1 fan that is provided by default ? same was explained above by harsh..

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Which direction is the CPU fan blowing?

Cause the fan that comes with 212 evo is meant to take in air (push)

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
okay HS.. !

anybody any suggestions on cable mgmt ? else.. we can have this thread mark solved !

@ztr - the fan is blowing air towards the rear exhaust.

okay HS.. !

anybody any suggestions on cable mgmt ? else.. we can have this thread mark solved !

@ztr - the fan is blowing air towards the rear exhaust.
> correct karna hi tha to full name hi kar lo:p

> browse for images of cabinet on bit-tech to see some awesome examples of cable management.

> Did you place the cpu cooler's fan like I suggested in the images?

> What's the final cabinet fan setup that you went after.

Top Bottom