Advice on 45k PC

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam bhai is the stock cooler really that bad that I'd need Hyper 212 Evo to run the CPU outta the box?

Intel is going all ultra nowadays. Ultrabook. now ultraslim HSF. yes it is really slim. So its best to invest in a separate cooler as you'll go for it anyway. also during load the HSF fails big time.

Also what are the views of y'all on the whole UPS thing that I mentioned?

invest in a separate UPS. actually switching mayn't be that fast in case of inverter and so PC may shut down. there are some inverter cum ups but haven't used any so can't say how well it works.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Hi guys. I'll be leaving for Bangalore tomorrow and just wanted to finalise a few things.
First of all I'll be buying the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 MOBO from a local shop in Bangalore as I'm getting it there cheaper as compared to Mediaman prices from Kolkata. So is this a good board and worth about Rs 9293? Also will this play good with the i5 2500k?
Some members also suggest getting a CM Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler for OCing but I don't want to OC right now, maybe after a couple of years (or earlier if really required). So is it necessary to get the cooler right now or is the stock cooler good enough?

My final config would somewhat look like this:

CPU Intel i5-2500k
MB ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB DDR3 (already purchased)
CASE NZXT Lexa S
GPU Sapphire HD 7850
PSU Seasonic S12ii-520 (would this be enough for OCed 2500k and OCed 7850 or should I get GS600 or S12ii-620 instead?)
ODD Asus 24x (I had purchased the HP one but gave it to a friend as he needed one urgently)
HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB
KB Logitech K200 (already purchased)
MOUSE Logitech G400(already purchased)
MOUSEPAD Razer Goliathus Fragged Control Edition -Standard(already purchased)

Now I was going to buy an inverter system for the house and was wondering that would I still need to buy an UPS or would the inverter be enough to provide me 2 min backup for turning my PC off? If not then please suggest the cheapest UPS needed for the above rig to provide 2-3min backup for turning off the computer.

You know what , i m building a pc and came to conclusion that your rig is excellent value for the money . I was first going with Biostar tz68k+ because it was 2k cheaper than asrock z77 . But soon changed my mind . My advice is too not overclock your cpu now but maybe after 1-2 year when there will be need . But you can overclock your gpu , if you need it . But i dont think you will need it now . Now when you assemble your pc , please dont forget to add it pics and write some review of your whole pc and experience along with the price you bought . I and others will be greatly benefited by it because i may go with exactle same configuration . cheers :wink:

Piyush

Lanaya
Biostar is not popular here but overseas its a quite reputed brand when it comes to overclocking headroom

I'll definitely recommend Biostar for an budget constraint OCer

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
Bad news guys. I couldn't get the Z77 Extreme 4 from Bangalore as it was not in stock at that time(this Monday). The shopkeeper said that he could arrange a piece from Mumbai but I told him not to as I left the city Monday evening. Now back here in Kolkata ASRock Mobos aren't available in shops(correct me if I'm wrong by giving the shop details :) ) and the price quoted by Mediaman is bit on the higher side. So I've decided to order everything from flipkart itself including the mobo but excluding the GPU and Case (apparently flipkart has GTX 680 in stock but not HD 7850 and they don't keep NZXT cases plus they won't deliver CM cases to Kolkata !!!).

So I thought of getting a Z68 board itself as I'll be buying SB i5-2500k. Now I've thought about this board as it fits nicely in my budget. Anyone has a better alternative for 10-11k that's available from flipkart?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Go for Asus P8Z77-M-9.5k OR Asus P8Z77M-PRO-11.5k .
Getting the latest ivy bridge Z77 release is better than older generation Z68 and Asus A.S.S is questionable but many guys had no trouble in rma so,I've suggested asus mobo's cause they have great quality and less failure rate also they have UEFI bios which others don't have.
Oftopic - why here no one suggest asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 for i5 2500k ?? It Overclocks very well , Looks sleek and stylish , Amazing value for money, PCI-E 3.0 ready.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Asrock motherboard are available in both Vedant and M.D. Computers. Otherwise get it online.

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
Guys I think I just found my dream motherboard.
Flipkart: ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard: Motherboard

Was checking out this one too but the above one seems better at a cheaper cost. Plus it's from the world's no. 1 Mobo maker ASUS and it also seems to have good reviews from techoftomorrow and HiTechLegion on YouTube and good user reviews on NewEgg too. So what's holding me back? Well I read that ASUS service is pathetic.
So what to do now?

Guys please help it's urgent :)

Last edited:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^The board is a decent OC'er with 8+4 phase power design and for the price it's a good VFM. And about the service, let someone else comment.

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
Thanks for the suggestion RiGod but I can see in both yours and Cilus' sigs that you guys are having ASUS Mobos. So why can't you comment on it's service? Also flipkart mentions that it has a 3 years replacement warranty so that means there shouldn't be much trouble if anything goes wrong right? Also if I get a defective piece flipkart will surely replace it within 30 days (I have previously had 2 faulty items replaced and both times it took less than a week and the process was hassle-free, just a simple e-mail and you're done :) ). So that just leaves us with the chances of the mobo failing after a couple years maybe which would be very unlikely since it's ASUS right?

Cilus

laborare est orare
There are certain issues with Rashi peripherals, the organization which provides service for Asus hardwares. They also provides service for other major brands like Leadtek, Logitec etc. But specially in Kolkata, their service used to suck and many of our forum members, including me was victim of their poor after-sale services. Others are Topgear, Tkin and many more.

However, after lots of writing in all the forums, I have heard that their service has been increased in Kolkata and two of my friends got their mobo replaced within 2 days.

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well then that seals it. ASUS P8Z77-V it is!! :D
Will update if I need anymore help. Most probably will place the order tomorrow evening after coming back from my AIEEE exam. :)

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
Son of a b1tch!! I shoulda ordered it yesterday as soon as I saw it!!

Oh well guess I'll just have to go back to ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 then.
@Cilus bro can you tell me whether Vedant or MD have the Z77 Ext 4 or not? If so then at what price?
Also is the Gigabyte HD 7850 available locally in Kolkata?

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Buddy, my home is in Kolkata but I live in BBSR for my work.

AFAIK, Gigabyte cards aren't available yet in Kolkata. Although you can get Sapphire one at 15.2K from M.D. Computer, saying that you're from Digit forum and do a little extra bargaining.
Not sure about the Asrock Z77 mobo availability in M.D. and Vedant. Last time I was there, they are having Z68 motherboards from Asrock.

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
Oh I didn't know that. Anyways thanks for the help. Will go to Chandni on Monday to get Mobo and GPU. Rest these are the things I'll be ordering from flipkart tomorrow evening.

CPU i5-2500k

PSU Seasonic S12ii-520

CASE Corsair Carbide 400R (I know I had said before that I'll be buying NZXT Lexa S but then after all the advice about how bling is temporary and performance is what matters and watching lots of reviews on YouTube decided on this baby :) )

HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda

ODD Asus 24x

COOLER CM Hyper 212 Evo

WiFi Adapter Netgear N150 Wireless WNA1100 Usb Adaptor

HDMI Cable Nitho Gaming HDMI Cable 2m

Games Battlefield 3, GTA IV :D

Top Bottom