accidental delete

Prongs298

In the zone
i accidentally selected all the stuff in the downloads folder of my win 7 computer. as it seems nothing has been deleted, as i cancelled it when the "preparing to delete/recycle" box was on display. Now i cant remember whether it was shift+del or just del. I am worried that some stuff has been deleted. but it doesn't seem so. i am worried. i am sorry. but can someone tell me a way to check whether something has been deleted or not? is there some log or something in windows that keeps records of changes made to folders? please help.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ there's no such way if you can't remember the folder contents or at-lesat the total size - next time use a sync/backup app and if you want you can scan the drive using Recuva - it will show all of your deletd files and if possible recover them.

Hrishi

Make sure you recover them as soon as possible[Recuva will be very easy for you. , plus its free]. Chances of recovery gets lesser on usage of HDD.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
+1 for Recuva [ Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download ]

Even if you can't recover, at least you get to know what you have to download again :)

Top Bottom