Accenture Vs TCS

Accenture Vs TCS

• Total voters

adi007

Youngling
Hi

I am currently in a final year engineering (Instrumentation Technology branch).

I got campus recurited to both TCS and Accenture :)

I am in a dilemma regarding which one to choose.

I have found that both companies have their (+) and (-)

TCS:
(+):
Excellent Job Security
Kind of easy job(Popularly known as People's Company :) )
(-):
Growth and Exposure is less
Risk of getting into Bench/ waiting list

Accenture:
(+):
Almost no bench/waiting (Bench rate is around 2% when compared to 30+ in TCS)
Growth and Exposure is good
Challenging Job

(-):
Less job security when compared to TCS; If slowdown occurs then they will mercilessly fire
Screening occurs periodically.

So guys which one to choose ?
Am i right in above facts?
Any guidance/advice ? :)

Any experience in working in either of the companies ?

PS: I will get offer letter within one month from Accenture. TCS will usually take a lot of time before they give offer letter(Last year batch got offer letter during November-December )

Any help is appreciated :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^You said it
Less job security when compared to TCS; If slowdown occurs then they will mercilessly fire
Screening occurs periodically.

Further, TCS as a starter will be better. Work for 2-3 years and then choose what you want to do next, continue or go for higher studies ?

PraKs

Youngling
TCS - Lots of onsite.

Accenture - Rarely onsite.

As of now join Accenture if you are in hurry, Once you get offer letter from TCS, See if you still manage in Acc, Or move to TCS :)

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
still wait for other companies... especially product based companies..

Many such companies not coming for campus here in my college and even if they come only CS,IS and EC are eligible not we IT(Instrumentation Technology,electronics similar branch) :((

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

TCS - Lots of onsite.

Accenture - Rarely onsite.

As of now join Accenture if you are in hurry, Once you get offer letter from TCS, See if you still manage in Acc, Or move to TCS :)

Accenture one year bond amount is 1 Lakh for 1 year .. so i need to pay that if i jump to TCS :eek:

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

BTW whats happening to TCS they are recruiting as if their is no tomorrow .. Rumors that they will come to second round and this time eligibility is 50% :eek:
What they are upto ? Already 50 K recruited this time in campus all over India .. They want still more ??

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Join Accenture. My friend's brother who got placed in somewhere around April 2010, didn't get a call letter till now. Even if you get a call letter, you'll be in bench for next 4+(doesn't include training period) months. That's for sure.

Try to get in a company where you can learn more, not earn more. The latter will come once you learn more.

Now, it's your choice.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
My friend's brother who got placed in somewhere around April 2010, didn't get a call letter till now. Even if you get a call letter, you'll be in bench for next 4+(doesn't include training period) months. That's for sure.

Try to get in a company where you can learn more, not earn more. The latter will come once you learn more.

Now, it's your choice.

Ur frnd has joined TCS or Accenture....

I suggest go for TCS.As people complain of accenture where employees are not its assets they can fire u any time without caring abt u....:x

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Ur frnd has joined TCS or Accenture....

I suggest go for TCS.As people complain of accenture where employees are not its assets they can fire u any time without caring abt u....:x

Not exactly if you are good at what you do. TCS is like, if you are lucky enough, you'll get a good domain and you're settled. Otherwise, you'll never get a domain from which you gain knowledge and you have to settle with what you got.

I always stand with learning. My friends are working in both Acc and TCS. With their feedback only i am saying this.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I am not sure where you got your facts. In case of recession, most companies fire their employees. TCS and Accenture are no exception.

If I were in your shoes, I would definitely opt for Accenture because of the following reasons:
1) Work is better compared to TCS. Accenture service some top mobile companies. This will be good for your future.
2) Most of the projects in TCS will be banking, retails or something similar to that. Believe me, as a programmer you don't want to be there. Better get into a job where you can apply your brains.
3) I have a lot of friends both in TCS and Accenture. Accenture folks are enjoying their work more than TCS folks.

The decision is up to you now. If you just want a 'JOB' without any regards to learning, career growth and money, join TCS.

abhidev

Human Spambot
try to find a startup company...rather than going into the biggies...spare them for the later part of your career...or else it may happen that an Instrumentation engineer is doing a job of a test engineer....if you get the in your domain then surely go ahead else don't....

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am not sure where you got your facts. In case of recession, most companies fire their employees. TCS and Accenture are no exception.

If I were in your shoes, I would definitely opt for Accenture because of the following reasons:
1) Work is better compared to TCS. Accenture service some top mobile companies. This will be good for your future.
2) Most of the projects in TCS will be banking, retails or something similar to that. Believe me, as a programmer you don't want to be there. Better get into a job where you can apply your brains.
3) I have a lot of friends both in TCS and Accenture. Accenture folks are enjoying their work more than TCS folks.

The decision is up to you now. If you just want a 'JOB' without any regards to learning, career growth and money, join TCS.

+1 and i try to emphasize the same point as you. You just cannot sit idle in job coz they are giving u good sal. We need think about our growth and knowledge that we gain.

try to find a startup company...rather than going into the biggies...spare them for the later part of your career...or else it may happen that an Instrumentation engineer is doing a job of a test engineer....if you get the in your domain then surely go ahead else don't....

Not a good option, if he is having an opportunity as such as Acc.

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
Thanks everyone for the reply :)

Regarding Accenture, they follow an a procedure of allocating the domain randomly .. The domain allocation is not dependent upon our performance in training.
It seems like its difficult to change the domain that we get through random luck based process in accenture.(source- Accenture employees)

TCS follows a policy of new domain assignment every 2 years(if one stays that long :p )

@abhidev: There are only very few core companies that recruit us :( and not to mention most of them don't recruit much.

The problem lies in my branch name "Instrumentation Technology" . In other states its known as "Electronics and Instrumentation". Due to this only i am not able to apply for many core companies and ISRO too :(
Stupid VTU(our university) :(

If our branch had the name tag "Electronics",there will be chances of getting into any electronics core company but sadly its not :(

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Thanks everyone for the reply :)

Regarding Accenture, they follow an a procedure of allocating the domain randomly .. The domain allocation is not dependent upon our performance in training.
It seems like its difficult to change the domain that we get through random luck based process in accenture.(source- Accenture employees)

TCS follows a policy of new domain assignment every 2 years(if one stays that long :p )

@abhidev: There are only very few core companies that recruit us :( and not to mention most of them don't recruit much.

The problem lies in my branch name "Instrumentation Technology" . In other states its known as "Electronics and Instrumentation". Due to this only i am not able to apply for many core companies and ISRO too :(
Stupid VTU(our university) :(

If our branch had the name tag "Electronics",there will be chances of getting into any electronics core company but sadly its not :(

If you're x+ years of experience, that statement looks ok, but as a fresher don't worry they will not assign you a domain, where you don't have a knowledge or training.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Both are good companies. Join the one which you feel like. Accenture has good bench. Periodic screening happens and people can be fired if they dont meet the criteria.
TCS is more like a govt job, safe and secure. Coming to onsite it completely depends of the project.

If i were you, i would join TCS. Just my preference.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Stay away from TCS if possible. The environment is not competitive at all. Anyone with decent enough knowledge can walk-in and grab a job offer. The same is not applicable for Accenture.
Just my 2 cents.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I have worked 2 years in TCS and now joined Accenture. I feel, I am quite eligible to guide you on this. :)

DISCLAIMER: These views are my personal.

As a fresher, I think you should join TCS. The training I got there is absolutely brilliant. And you will get to learn many things.
I had to left TCS because of the package, but work wise, I felt like never leaving TCS.

After working some years (at least 2) and taking experience, you can look out for other companies like Accenture. Accenture is well known for the package it offers.

You can PM me for more details. We can talk over phone as well. :)

All the best! :D

Top Bottom