Accenture Vs TCS

Accenture Vs TCS

• Total voters

sanithkk81

Broken In
I have worked 2 years in TCS and now joined Accenture. I feel, I am quite eligible to guide you on this. :)

DISCLAIMER: These views are my personal.

As a fresher, I think you should join TCS. The training I got there is absolutely brilliant. And you will get to learn many things.
I had to left TCS because of the package, but work wise, I felt like never leaving TCS.

After working some years (at least 2) and taking experience, you can look out for other companies like Accenture. Accenture is well known for the package it offers.

You can PM me for more details. We can talk over phone as well. :)

All the best! :D

:yeahright:

mohityadavx

Youngling
Well I am just a student only but most of people whom i know nearby work for TCS and they earn some good cash and one thing I have noticed with TCS is if you stay loyal with them they send u to foreign consignment and u earn big cash over there. Seen in front of my eyes.

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
Try to get in a company where you can learn more, not earn more. The latter will come once you learn more.

Now, it's your choice.

:doublethumb: I have always felt that way. If you are good and feel that you can up the ante if and when required, go for Accenture. They value performance. You should try and learn as much as you can during these initial years of your career.

For a fresher Accenture over TCS.

Reasons :-

1. You will have better domains to learn then TCS . Since it being a forein company and the diversity of clients you will most probably end up learning SAP ( Hottest in the market) that is why they will make you end up having SAP training . TCS training is poor.

2. Accenture is known to be a company that never fires people . Reason : They wont give allowances and raises at the time of recession but they wont fire you . They will cut cost and make you work hard but the job security is high .

3. TCS has more onsite oppourtunity . But the thing is once you are 4 years in the industry then you will most probably wont be in Accenture so that is a no choice for you right now unless you will work in that company for 5 years.

4. The work culture of Accenture is classy. It has again got the best work envoirment award and all that blah blah blah . I dont remember but we were sent a mail regarding this .

Just my views . Rest do what you want ;)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
1. You will have better domains to learn then TCS . Since it being a forein company and the diversity of clients you will most probably end up learning SAP ( Hottest in the market) that is why they will make you end up having SAP training . TCS training is poor.
A simple question please. Have you attended TCS training ever?
I know you didn't, but just wanted to know on what basis you are telling TCS training is poor.

2. Accenture is known to be a company that never fires people . Reason : They wont give allowances and raises at the time of recession but they wont fire you . They will cut cost and make you work hard but the job security is high .
Same as TCS.

3. TCS has more onsite oppourtunity . But the thing is once you are 4 years in the industry then you will most probably wont be in Accenture so that is a no choice for you right now unless you will work in that company for 5 years.
I am sorry, but couldn't get your logic here. Can you please elaborate a bit more?

4. The work culture of Accenture is classy. It has again got the best work envoirment award and all that blah blah blah . I dont remember but we were sent a mail regarding this .
Yes, agreed. Work environment in Accenture is great. :)
BTW, even TCS has many internal award programs. :)

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
Update:
Got the JL from TCS stating date as 27th June 2011 Bangalore
And was shocked to see ITIS allocation to me.

Contacted HR . Told her i love programming and is there any chance to jump to programming section after some time may be after completion of certification within TCS.. She said " As long as you are in TCS there is NO possibility of changing the domain from ITIS to IT and be careful coz once you enter this you have to stick with it"

I asked her how did they allocated this to selected students from our college and she replied " Its random process based on business requirements and WE CAN DO anything.

Her takings was more like a slap to me. TCS treats freshers like cows or sheep's and there is no way i am going to join such a firm.

And ITIS domain in TCS is more like a tech BPO as i have inquired from many many TCS employees .. out of 10 , 10 recommended look for alternatives and join only if you have to.

So All hope lies in Accenture now ..
And will try for other companies since i am having holidays ..

BTW i liked the frankness of this Lady HR.
The other main HR's that came to our college didn't even gave us hint that we may be allocated to ITIS in a random way and WE cant change it forever.
Basically they told us bunch of lies that one has to follow the cycle of change of domain for say 1-2 years.

I have lots and i mean lots of friends in TCS right now . ( Massive Recruitment ) in my friend circle. Many of them were in Ahmedabad and many in the south . They have all complained about the training and say that the trainers hardly turn up . If you say that they training is good then the OP can take you word for it .

One more point , Accenture wont tell you domain until you join and you will get to know after 1 month of joining .

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
^^ yes i know but i dont think there is a domain like infrastructure service in Accenture like in TCS where you basically will be crushed and have to remain in the same domain forever.

Being in bench/ testing/support is okay but not a domain where one has to spend the whole career doing same and cant change it.

ITIS section is handled by graduates in other companies it seems .. They have mentioned in JL that they will teach us installing and configuring OS like Windows 2003, linux etc :O

You wont be put in these domains if you are joining as IDC . India delivery Centre .

The worst domain you can get is Testing and Bench is there in every company and there is a logical explanation for that , so dont assume that you wont be on bench except if you join product based company or small companies .

Another point is that in Accenture you can change your domain after 18 months . I dont know whether TCS gives this option . Confirm it.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Don't worry too much. Just join Accenture. In the meanwhile, do explore other opportunities too.

If you get the kind of job you want, good for you. Else, you can always join any other company after two years.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Contacted HR . Told her i love programming and is there any chance to jump to programming section after some time may be after completion of certification within TCS.. She said " As long as you are in TCS there is NO possibility of changing the domain from ITIS to IT and be careful coz once you enter this you have to stick with it"

Actually, thats not entirely true. I know some guyz from TCS, who were in ITIS for ~2-3 years, then got shifted to development and went onsite as well. :)

But yes, obviously, ITIS is not a good career to start with in your case.

So, my advice, wait for Accenture. :D

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
Actually, thats not entirely true. I know some guyz from TCS, who were in ITIS for ~2-3 years, then got shifted to development and went onsite as well. :)

But yes, obviously, ITIS is not a good career to start with in your case.

So, my advice, wait for Accenture. :D

Is it ?
The HR allocated herself told me that you cant change the domain at all. And moreover its extremely difficult also i guess. Have to beg may seniors for change.

And yes waiting for Accenture :)

And Thanks everyone for their Advice(s) :)

R2K

In the Zone
I know its kinda personal question :D but how much does TCS and accenture pay their freshers on an average:)
BTW good luck with accenture:)...

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
There are 2 types of freshers. B.Sc. / BCA and Engineers.

B.Sc./BCA graduates gets much less package (~2L) than Engineers (~4L)

Top Bottom