Absuive Language - Necessity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Just had fight some days back.. argument with some phyiscal involvement.:D Enjoyed.. Anyways the thing is, is using abusive language a necessity during fight? I mean I don't abuse.. yea I don't coz I feel its cheap. So its like when I was arguing he went on abusing me and abusing and all I had to reply back were some teases, thats it. I mean nowadays even 4th grader is going on parents. I mean wth, why parents?? not learnt to respect them??

Your opinion.

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I see lots of users here on the forum use Abusive Language which is just bad i feel.
even using language with asterisks is simply too bad.
I request the admin to make a rule for abusive language.

neocon

Right off the assembly line
abusive language is an outcome of an angry mind.
If you are angry you are more suceptible to use curse words. you might regret it later but in the heat of the momment you do use it

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I see lots of users here on the forum use Abusive Language which is just bad i feel.
even using language with asterisks is simply too bad.
I request the admin to make a rule for abusive language.

all you need to do is to report abuse and the user will be warned and for further abuse, will be banned from the forum.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
abussive language is never a necessity...i gt a frnd ..i have seen him in heated debates with some ppl and they would be cursing and abusing him all around..but never a word will come out of his mouth as bad...and he ALWAYS wins the debate hands down..

i guess when a angry mind is at loss of words proving his point tht he resort to abusing...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I too don't abuse verbally, and dont care what the guy at the other end spills

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It isn't a necessity.Then again If someone abuses me with a purpose & keeps on persisting then the other person would have it.Not verbally but in another way.;)

Eventually everyone abuses.I know of very few of my mates who haven't uttered a sinlge abusive word till date.Yes we do find those kind of people too who never abuse.But then again they stand in minority.In this god forsaken world abuse is something which helps some people vent out their frustration & for other's its just a matter of fun & some abuse without any reason.It's not entirely clear what triggers it but it's eventually just letting loose all your anger.

I go beserk with abuses when I get stuck at a certain point of the game,when some of my hardware component blows up,get hurt,blah blah blah.This is just spontaneous outburts.Then there are times when we jokingly abuse with friends & stuff but that's totally in a friendly manner.So it's not really necessity but it just flows out.Hard to explain but it happens.;)

jal_desai

In the zone
it is just the out come of wat we have heard since childhood and our surroundings... it is ok to use them 'rarely"... but dont make it a habit.

karmanya

Journeyman
They're not neccessary, But I'm sorry to say, its kind of a habit, I am improving, I mostly use "****" instead of the F-word. Wierdly enough when I do get angry, I don't use swear words, they just refuse to come out.

jxcess2

Banned
Just had fight some days back.. argument with some phyiscal involvement.:D Enjoyed.. Anyways the thing is, is using abusive language a necessity during fight? I mean I don't abuse.. yea I don't coz I feel its cheap. So its like when I was arguing he went on abusing me and abusing and all I had to reply back were some teases, thats it. I mean nowadays even 4th grader is going on parents. I mean wth, why parents?? not learnt to respect them??

Your opinion.

If u had shot him with a gun, the abuse wudn't have been necessary.

legolas

Padawan
abussive language is never a necessity...i gt a frnd ..i have seen him in heated debates with some ppl and they would be cursing and abusing him all around..but never a word will come out of his mouth as bad...and he ALWAYS wins the debate hands down..
i guess when a angry mind is at loss of words proving his point tht he resort to abusing...
Couldn't agree more!!! I read a quote somewhere which says, "The one who strikes the first blow loses the argument". Never ever lose temper at least to tempt your opponent. I guess I am better than before! :) We all learn.

Oscar Wilde's quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

:)

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I agree that using abusive language is not good. Just few days, because of constant irritaton by my really noisy neigbours, I blurted 2 words and one thing led to another and we nearly came to blows. Abusive language comes out when you feel cornered and there's no way out. But, I've also had experience where you learn to cuss 'coz you are friends are that way. Stay away from them and you can even see that you can keep your temper in check :)

@legolas-Very nice quote, but do you think that really works? :)

legolas

Padawan
^ ^ I like both the quotes, I believe in the first, and would like to see about Oscar Wilde's!! :)
I believe and am good at mind games rather than giving them the opportunity to turn the table at me after using abusive language. Because, when you use abusive language, more often than not, the issue at hand vanishes and the fact that you abused him/her comes more into the limelight.
And I usually prefer sarcasm and polished words even if I have to express my frustration rather than say using the words which are classified as abusive. But again, the word "f*uk" is used the most everywhere even in casual conversations... So couldn't avoid it and no one seems offended to it anymore! :) at least in Europe.

Vyasram

The pWnster
If it really gives you a satisfaction that you got one over the other guy, then do it. I feel that way sometimes especially when arguing with total @#$#@$s. But make sure you add some humour to it, or else it will be like you are having tourettes or something.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@legolas-Agreed that if you use a curse word, that becomes the centre of the fight rather the main issue at hand. Being sarcastic. YES!! That's one of the best ways to give a zor ka jhatka, but dheere se ;) Unfortunately, I've observed that, not many can understand when you are sarcastic. They give you a blank face! :D Sometimes that's the best way to diffuse tenstion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom