Aaj Tak reporter faces eve-teasing while reporting on Delhi gangrape case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, I don't think Delhi is any safer with such wild animals roaming around. I mean, look at the b***s on these guys.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
only 1 reason for all this:
NO FEAR OF LAW a society which does not have a fear of law is doomed no matter what its achievements are in other fields.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That would be because the keepers of the law do not have the ***** to keep such wild animals under check. Such people shouldn't just be punished, but also made an example of.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
its worthy to keep even an illegally acquired small arm just to serve headshots to the likes of such swines at the 'opportune' moment.
scum like these & their acts not at all deserve to be tried under procedural law. best justice to them would be the way utsav sharma did it (a bit rorschach-style). no offense to anybody, but what does north india have to make the people there more rowdy, unwantonly aggressive, over-the-top egoistical (that 'jattgiri', etc., pent-up sentiments, which are now-a-days confused with & spent in acts like shown in the video, instead of being used in meaningful ways of 'purushaarth' akin to the said 'real' sentiment), self-worshipping/herogiri-types, etc.?!

Edit: i wrote the above in anger, but still in restraint (can't really help it; my handle says too). the comment above was also an observation from some of the delhiites themselves, but you may please ignore it. such type of bugs exist everywhere, somewhere sparsely, at other places, densely. but i seriously expect these & such other wastes of 'man' to meet disastrous ends.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
At least, peppersprays and tasers should be made available in India, for purposes for self-defense.

But, I am also in favor of the illegal firearm routine. It is better to be arrested for self-defense than for some stupid facebook comments (off topic).

Kirtu Jindal

Broken In
While it may be wrong to label people, it is a fact that North Indian cities - specially Delhi - are a lot less safer than South India. I have lived in Delhi and Hyderabad for many years - and the difference is instantly noticeable in the way both these cities treat women. (disclosure - I am a "North Indian"). Perhaps there are some sociological reasons for that, but it is a fact.

The protection of law and proper legal procedure should be the right of normal people - it should not be extended to perverts. Summary and exemplary punishment is NEEDED - the fear of law should be instilled till such time that people become really "educated" and realize that every human being has the same right to exist. Just see the above video - this happened right in front of a camera. Which law protects those perverts - what justification can they give for this act?

reniarahim1

Youngling
Its not only with delhi, the same is the case all over the country.
Culprits should be punished immediately through fast track courts and should be given maximum punishment.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i have heard this complaint from a number of people in delhi about how men have utter disregard for women there...the problem is they think they can get away by doing this & police are not overtly keen on filing complaints..one was told to even forget about it & move on...

Flash

Lost in speed
Very worst. Imagine the same to a lonely girl on a road.

Atleast, this lady reporter has a cameraman who shot the faces of culprit + their car number well, that served as a concrete evidence.
Laws should be made strict; Without a strict law, even the conscientious person will have a thought of "Just try this one-time. Who's gonna bust me!", though their conscience stops them from doing it.

Atleast, Chennai is laudable in these matters.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
The Rich Delhi Boy(s) - 01

The Rich Delhi Boy(s) - 02

The Rich Delhi Boy(s) - 03

The Rich Delhi Boy(s) - 04

The Rich Delhi Boy(s) - 05

The 15 laws of delhi (the article looks old. otherwise, the number of 'laws' would've been more).

no generalisation or stereotyping meant. was just reminded of these pages which i had come upon long time back.

Last edited:

Thunder

Journeyman
Just saw the video. Goes to show you how much desperate those guys are... Seriously what is happening to people in this country. No regard or respect for a lady. What would have happened if that lady was all alone there. Something needs to be done ASAP.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Movie-makers & scum like these have reduced them to being/looked upon as 'item-girls'/'items' to be enjoyed!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, there is more lewdness on other country television/movies as well, but such incidents are almost negligent. Hell, even in India, it is still concentrated in the Northern regions, despite of the same movies all around the country.

In this case, I think, upbringing and education are a major factor in such behaviour. You don't get an attitude like that over night.

Tech&ME

Banned
its worthy to keep even an illegally acquired small arm just to serve headshots to the likes of such swines at the 'opportune' moment.

At least, peppersprays and tasers should be made available in India, for purposes for self-defense.

But, I am also in favor of the illegal firearm routine. It is better to be arrested for self-defense than for some stupid facebook comments (off topic).

Both of you are a little misinformed. You can legally buy ARMS in India for Self-Defence.

exactly. no fear of law. they know they can get away.

Yes ! The fear of Law must be instilled upon this kind of people. Society, Police and the Netas must stand up and take it to a conclusive point.

The voice today at India Gate must conclude with positive and firm steps by the Police and Netas.

This country is degrading day by day. Very SAD :evil:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This comment seems to say it all:

Analysis of all major accidents mishaps shows that no accident is spontaneuous, but a series of incidents on a smaller scale which go unnoticed.. In our case, even if alert citizens try their best to bring such incidents to the notice of police or other agencies, they are discouraged or even threatened not to do so.. tha major reason is political interference with police functioning.. removing tinted glasses from nehicles is a ridiculous thing.. what does the law do with the criminals who have been caught ? The sevety plus people in the parliament are incapable of even thinking up an action plan .. they are just concerned about vote banks.. God help us..
!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom