A Rs 251 smart phone!!!

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
And if they can sell it at such a cost so why only india? why not sell it in the all parts of the world! It will sell like hotcakes and will give other companies a run for their money!

Other countries like US have strict certification programs. Can't sell without getting certified.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm ok my current conspiracy theory is something like
someone in china is like there must be those who are still too [strike]smart[/strike] stingy to buy a smartphone, and we need to snag those suckers and get them trapped forever somehow, the only way to do it is to dump some unsold stock on them
also, something fishy about the price because no other offerings in that bracket. it is not like they have made a considered lower spec device that is just right for some usage scenarios. they are just marketing a cheap droid like that.

just ignoring all the other things that make it an abomination. that it is copied from iphones, that it is bandied about as some kind of made in india thing, that it has a sticker on the back with the India flag in the wrong proportions and if you peel it off there is a chinese brand logo underneath... I really hope the stickers and the whitener ink used to obscure the logo, are at least, made in India.

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
I do suspect that if a company can sell a product at around 95% less than the market price,then i can smell something fishy.Are they on a giveaway spree?
Alot of consumers still will order it by online payment.
This concept is to help poor,but how can you help a poor by selling a product on internet.'Internet' is a thing that is by very far in to the reach of 'poor'.Poor are those who can't even earn 291/- Rs. a day.A company which is just 5 months old comes up with a proposal to help poor people by selling a phone at 5% cost of the original.and all the rich people will get it.It is like a dream come true wow! What's next a new pc computer in just 1000 for poor.
And if they can sell it at such a cost so why only india? why not sell it in the all parts of the world! It will sell like hotcakes and will give other companies a run for their money!

Obviously is not for helping poor because its not backed by Govt. and its not something where Govt. subsidy will be appreciated. Question still remains, why they are doing this ?

A news was there where they said they will be making Rs. 31 profit even on selling at this price point by various scaling methods. But claiming anything is easy, in real life its not possible and probably they are fooling / evading from questions for time being.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm ok my current conspiracy theory is something like
someone in china is like there must be those who are still too [strike]smart[/strike] stingy to buy a smartphone, and we need to snag those suckers and get them trapped forever somehow, the only way to do it is to dump some unsold stock on them
also, something fishy about the price because no other offerings in that bracket. it is not like they have made a considered lower spec device that is just right for some usage scenarios. they are just marketing a cheap droid like that.

just ignoring all the other things that make it an abomination. that it is copied from iphones, that it is bandied about as some kind of made in india thing, that it has a sticker on the back with the India flag in the wrong proportions and if you peel it off there is a chinese brand logo underneath... I really hope the stickers and the whitener ink used to obscure the logo, are at least, made in India.

Still, if they are dumping unsold stock, transportation + imports + other duties, still will be lot more costly than Rs. 220 (as they said will be making Rs. 31 profit per unit) . Even if they declare its value Rs. 1, there will be lots overheads getting it from China to India where Rs. 220 looks deceptive.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
:idea: New conspiracy theory : may be Mar* Zuckerb**g is paying for this :D as an initiative to bring everyone under FB and get their data for FBs business purpose. FB will stop at nothing to swallow us freebasics and now literally free phones, anyone ?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
digit nerds in a nutshell - "high price phone = OMG they are fooling us, same config phone as iphone we can get at 10K ... but see these overpriced craps. totally not worth."

cheap phone = OMG can't believe, there must be some conspiracy going against us.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
digit nerds in a nutshell - "high price phone = OMG they are fooling us, same config phone as iphone we can get at 10K ... but see these overpriced craps. totally not worth."

cheap phone = OMG can't believe, there must be some conspiracy going against us.

Absolutely true.
Digit nerds are best! They know things. :doublethumb:

Saahib

Cyborg Agent

People like us have maintained the balance and peace in this world,otherwise would be already taken over by corporate or BABAs :p

- - - Updated - - -

:idea: New conspiracy theory : may be Mar* Zuckerb**g is paying for this :D as an initiative to bring everyone under FB and get their data for FBs business purpose. FB will stop at nothing to swallow us freebasics and now literally free phones, anyone ?

Make sense , still not convincing though :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

sounds legit

- - - Updated - - -

epic. :D

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Freedom 251: Accused of fraud; but could be good, even if 'vapourware' – Tech

*pbs.twimg.com/media/CbfLWg5UEAAZHX6.jpg:large

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
COD available? if yes then go for it.

Don't be stupid if you can try @251 any mobile then why not spend some. But if it's scam then, 251*2 billion people of India.. So it's half a trillion money scam.
And why other company's making noise, even TRI also looking into matter..
I think that if some company is trying to Deliver product VFM and you (other companies) can't deliver as expectation (money talks), then just shut mouth take a meeting, TRI will look into matter. (I do think that they should not).

Umm... what ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
latest news is they are going to refund the money of 30000 thousands people who were successful in making payment for pre booking. Henceforth the company will only deliver phones COD [ cash on delivery ] basis so they can at-least claim they are clear of any sort of scam with people's money.

Top Bottom