A Rs 251 smart phone!!!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Can you believe this : A Rs251 smartphone :shock:

Source : Freedom 251: Smartphone running Android 5.1, priced at Rs 251; does that ring a bell? – Tech

*i.ndtvimg.com/i/2016-02/rs-251-smartphone_650x400_81455709491.jpg

Specs :

Form factor Touchscreen
Battery capacity (mAh) 1450
Removable battery Yes
Screen size (inches) 4.00
Touchscreen Yes
Resolution 540x960 pixels
Processor 1.3GHz quad-core
RAM 1GB
Internal storage 8GB
Expandable storage Yes
Expandable storage type microSD
Expandable storage up to (GB) 32
Rear camera 3.2-megapixel
Flash No
Front camera 0.3-megapixel
Operating System Android 5.1

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm onto it from yesterday and today .. read the news before. BUT how reliable the manufacturer is ? and somewhere I've read that delivery can take upto 30th June 2016.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I'm onto it from yesterday and today .. read the news before. BUT how reliable the manufacturer is ? and somewhere I've read that delivery can take upto 30th June 2016.
Brother are you serious???
About Reliability???
Just think that Rs.251/- has flowed down the drain.
I am for at least 2 sets(freedom251 smartphone),if they permit. Most important thing is whether the site will be accessible or not due to unimagineable traffic on it.

THIS IS INDIA.

If the smartphone delivers what it says for 2 months only(If I can get one also),then for me the freedom251 smartphone is more than the worth of money(COMPLETE PAISA VASOOOLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

TechnoBOY

Padawan
It will be completely useless ..
Yes, the Freedom 251 smartphone at just Rs 251 is awesome, but thank you! – Tech

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
its really cool.. 251 rs for a computer. i will take it.
root, install linux server. do some project and stuff.. sounds like cheaper raspberry pi to me.

Flash

Lost in speed
[YOUTUBE]aGe9Hr_9YEU[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the Freedom 251 smartphone at just Rs 251 is awesome, but thank you! – Tech

The key takeaway from the Tata Nano story is that India is value-conscious more than it isprice-conscious. So what we’ve witnessed this morning is the surge of interest around the fact that a smartphone would be available at Rs 251. Soon this wave would cease. Because it won’t allow you to do stuff you expect from your device. In my opinion, I don’t think Ringing Bells wants its product to be called the world’s ‘cheapest’ smartphone.

That's total BS. You can't expect a 10,000/- mobile performance on a 251/- mobile.
:wwe:

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

What can u expect from Rs251 smart phone ?

Its meant to help poor people in remote places and this is the main reason of this project.

God Damn its even cheaper than a Pizza

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I don't know, information was not clear. what if it has a scroll wheel or something

- - - Updated - - -

also, how android with one button

- - - Updated - - -

scammy. the photos of the product stretches and contracts also.

- - - Updated - - -

omg unbelievable

- - - Updated - - -

and site is down

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

- - - Updated - - -

That's total BS. You can't expect a 10,000/- mobile performance on a 251/- mobile.
:wwe:
Admitting your point mate.
Even if it's a BS or a Garbage,what is the difficulty in observing/seeing it? We see so many garbage around our life at all aspects and all levels.the best we ignore it.Because we don't have the power to clean or eliminate all types of garbage completely,except those of which we can.

- - - Updated - - -

Just now I tried to take entry to www.freedom251.com site,but in vain. A blank page is only shown.Simply put you cannot enter the site.

Top Bottom