A Guide to Copying DVD Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I have all type of format Divx, winamp video and dat formats of a movies.....i wanna know how to convert them in DVD format and how to compress them adn copy on a DVD to be seen on DVD player....sugest s/w and method if any :wink:

go4saket

I got a movie which I want to copy to my HDD. I tried to copy it manually, but it gave a read error. Then I tried to copy it through DVD Shrink. I choosed reauthor and just tried to copy the basic movie. In the analysis papt, everything went fine till 99% and then it gave a read error. This means that the first 99% of the movie s fine.

Now, is there a way to copy the first 99% part of the movie there by trimming the faulty 1%. Which software can be used to do the same.

I have used a software called VCD Cutter to copy part of movies, but it works only with VCD's. Is there any such software for DVD's also.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I ve a DVD with 4 movies and bout 7.9 GB. I tried to compress it inorder to fit in a 4.7 GB disc. Selecting the maximum compression in DVD Shrink did produce an image file of almost 5 GB and it cannot be burned in 4.7 GB disc.

So i tried inter video DVD copy. It could only save the output as files and I choose " fit to one disc" and converted it into files and its also more than 5 GB.

I could also cannot use image files larger than 4 Gb as im using FAT32. Please help me !!!! Is there any way I can convert it into a DVD image and which could be easily burned to a 4.7 Gb dosc using regular softwares like Alcohol 120% or Ashampoo burner or Nero 7???

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Hi,

You can go for a 8.5 GB DVD which costs you around Rs.250/-.

Also the better thing is copy 2 movies in a 4.7 GB DVD from DVD Shrink (minimum compression). So all 4 movies will be in 2 DVDs.

I have around 80 DVDs and some I have copied few like this.

turbasu

Broken In
I've seen 2 hour movies ripped from DVD into CD without noticeable loss in quality. The extension is AVI but plays in my divX compatible DVD player. It doesn't show off "DivX VIDEO" logo so that is not divX but with excellent sound and picture quality including subtitles. Can you give me any idea, how this could have been created?

go4saket

Who says that all DIVX video has a logo in it? Not at all! I have so many DIVX videos without any logo and I myself have created some that doesn't have any logo. Moreover, it can also be XVID format.

peprmint

Right off the assembly line
uhm, what about the dvd ripper platinum 4??
i havent tried any other softwares yet, but i didnt notice any loss of quality at all, and the time was fine, dont remember the exact duration. it was compatible with vfr.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
A better option to convert a DVD9 to DVD5 would be using AviSynth+Cinema Craft Encoder SP v2.70+DVD Rebuilder (Pro.)

The above combination would produce better DVD9 to DVD5 conversion without loosing much on quality.The settings just needs to be tweaked a bit for the effects to come in place..

go4saket

Mount both of them, then start DVD Shrink and add both movies to a new set. Then burn it... Simple... You can also use Nero Vision Express to do the task...

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
God I am dying to know the secret behind aXXo DvDrips .... I mean they are as good as original DVDs. How does that guy do those rips, man they are just flawless !!

Does anyone know the aXXo magic ????

go4saket

You can try Auto Gordian Knot to get such quality. Its the easiest software available and give the best results...

go4saket

I myself tried AutoGK with a few DVDRips and they produced exactly the kind of copies that aXXO submits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom