A Guide to Copying DVD Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

The DVD's with 4-5 movies are mostly DVD9. If you dont want to compromise with quality much, I dont think you will be able to accomodate more than 2 movies, 3 to the maximum. To do this, you can use DVDShrink...

go4saket

dIgItaL_BrAt said:
a better method would be to use IfoEdit to create the ifo's
Link--->*www.doom9.org/Soft21/Vobtools/Ifoedit0971.zip

I am not able to download the software you mentioned. Everytime I try to, it gives an error and a corrupt file is downloaded. Do you know any other link for the same. If not, please send the same to me at my email address i.e. spansari@myrealbox.com, obviously if you donot have a problem with that.

Dipen01

Youngling
Well... I have checked ..Its a 4.7 GB... and the quality is same or little better than VCD. 4 Movies...

Thats why i was asking if theres any way i can burn a DVD same like it.

Well the total size of 4 movies i want to burn is around 4.36 GB so they will be quite easily be burned on 4.7 GB DVD. But problem is how.!!!! Thier current format is VCD... i.e .dat files..

I normally use NERO 6.6...I cant see anyoption like Burn Video DVD in it..

Coz If i burn them in Data DVD. I will be able to run it but only on PC. I wanted it on dvd player..

So any chances of this way..!!!

CyCo

In the zone
@go4saket doesnt wrk for me 2 ... but put it in flashget directly and works .. less than 1 mb ...

@digital_brat will try winavi ... i did the custom thing i made the size to 1 gb and the meter goes into red in the main screen and it says 2 big to fit in 1 gb ... ???

damn, virtualdub was much easier .. why dvds ... :-0

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
go4saket said:
The DVD's with 4-5 movies are mostly DVD9. If you dont want to compromise with quality much, I dont think you will be able to accomodate more than 2 movies, 3 to the maximum. To do this, you can use DVDShrink...

Whats DVD9..and how do they manage to fit in 4-5 movies in one DVD?
IS it actually DVD quality or like :twisted: CD's its jus in the format of DVD files?

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
DVD9 are dual-layer DVD's that hold around 8.5 gigs of data.The quality of the video depends on the number of movies u are going to fit into the disc.2 to 3 movies on a DL DVD gives pretty good quality,but if u try to cram in 4-5 movies then the quality goes down drastically.

Dipen01

Youngling
dIgItaL_BrAt said:
DVD9 are dual-layer DVD's that hold around 8.5 gigs of data.The quality of the video depends on the number of movies u are going to fit into the disc.2 to 3 movies on a DL DVD gives pretty good quality,but if u try to cram in 4-5 movies then the quality goes down drastically.

Thats my Problem mate...How do i cram..!!! :?

CyCo

In the zone
i tried nero recode and it works fabulously ...

except that we manually have to decide then size so its buggin for ppl like me who want quality and dont really have an diea abt size ...

@dipen01 use nero recode available in nero7 ... it lets u deicde how big u want the files .. use 2 pass encoding .. its gud ...

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Nero recode converts to mp4 hain na?
So how do u cram 4-5 movies in the VOB format??
ANd AFAIK DVD9(at least pirated ones )are single layerd 4.(sumthing) GB

hsnayvid

Journeyman
Nero recode converts to mp4 hain na?
So how do u cram 4-5 movies in the VOB format??
ANd AFAIK DVD9(at least pirated ones )are single layerd 4.(sumthing) GB

the DVDs with 4.x (4.7 or actually 4.36) gigs are called DVD5 and not DVD9.

CyCo

In the zone
plz tell me a way to compress my DVD's in a way like i use virtual dub for VCD's
basically where i dont have to specify the size , just the quality ....

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Are The NERO Recode OUTPUT Files Divx(MP4) files,which can b played on Standalone DVD players like the PHILIPS DVP642K

plz, Reply it with CONFIRMITY,b'coz,i have the abv Philips DVD player & i tested a Nero Recode MP4 file on a CD,but the player refused 2 even recognise the file.

The DVD player just R-"ejects" the CD,without reading anything on it.

I recoded a DVD title to Nero MP4,with Double Pass & size 2 fit CD option,but though the file plays fine in PC S/W,but my DVD player doesn't play that,though it plays all Divx & X-vids files on it.

So,what's the MAIN prob area - MP4 file,the CD burnt to or DVD ???

go4saket

I got a movie which I want to copy to my HDD. I tried to copy it manually, but it gave a read error. Then I tried to copy it through DVD Shrink. I choosed reauthor and just tried to copy the basic movie. In the analysis papt, everything went fine till 99% and then it gave a read error. This means that the first 99% of the movie s fine.

Now, is there a way to copy the first 99% part of the movie there by trimming the faulty 1%. Which software can be used to do the same.

I have used a software called VCD Cutter to copy part of movies, but it works only with VCD's. Is there any such software for DVD's also.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
Great Post.It has saved me hours . Thanks a lot !!

Please help me with this small problem.
I have the VOB files of the vedio i want to write.
I tried using ifoedit to do that and i get this error "could not find vob unit in vob".What should i do? Can you please suggest some alternative.
Also can u please suggest some software that can not only rip DVD to 1.x GB with High quality , but also do the same to the VOB files .

Thank you,
Sagar

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
yo , a little help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
go4saket said:
The error I am getting is something like this...

*www.geocities.com/go4saket/images/digit_forum/dvd_decrypter.gif

Now I am not sure why am I getting this error, because of data read error or some thing else. I dont think this is a data read error because when I watched this movie in my DVD player, there was absolutely no problem. So how is it possible that there can be a data read error in my computer.

I am getting same error on my 2 Dvds one is my sister's wedding Dvd which is new with no scratches and other is Matrix DVD both work well on dvd player and pc but when tried to copy they give same errro as above. please give any solution available.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
guys , try a soft called alcohol 120% , it ignores read errors , then try DVD decryptor

anything for my Q? PLZ

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Atlast i found it.

1 . A fast converter that lets u choose output size and thus it automatically decides quality . Beleive me , its fast !!

--Ashampoo movie burn and shrink 2 ----
( get it from download.com )
2. A dvd movie riting soft that rites DVD without re-encoding . ( i.e.. if in standard form ). i found this good too.
TMPGenc . both DVD tool and tmpgenc plus may be needed i felt.
( i think pegasys-inc.com )

andysmith45

Broken In
I was looking for just a thread. Recently, I copied a dvd movie (7.8 GB) to 2 DVD5 disc using clonedvd. The movie portion on the first disc look more or less like the original but there seems to be slight deterioration in quality on the 2nd disc. Since I split the movie to 2 discs, there shouldn't have been any deterioration in quality at all. Also copied Terminator2 to one DVD5 disc using both clonedvd and DVD Shrink 3.2. There was a slight deterioration in quality using dvd shrink but quality was better than with clonedvd.

Anyway, which software do u recommend to convert a DVD movie to divx 5.x/xvid file; Gordian Knot or DVD Copy Platinum? AutoGK takes too much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom