A good looking Business phone for 15-17K

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hello
My dads a businessman and hes currently using an old BB 9300, with its rubber lining all worn off and basically its extremely ugly. Dad wants a new phone which LOOKS good as a status symbol to replace the BB cuz in his business A high STATUS is a very important thing.
For emails and other stuff he has a Nokia E71.
BUT I also want his phone to be easy to use even though he says it doesnt matter. Cuz after a while he'll get irritated when he cant get things done on his phone.
So basically this is what Im looking for:
1. Looks Good
2. Should be easy to use (So basically android is out of the question) so it should be a windows phone
3. Has a good build quality.

Now I dont know which phone should he go for.
Is the HTC Radar (17K) a good phone after the recent price drop?
Cuz the Lumia 710 looks like any other basic phone. Im not sure good the Omnia is.
Is there any new phone that will release? And after the release of the Lumia 900 will the price of the Lumia 800 decrease?
Thanks in advance!

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hmm
Well The Budget can be extended to 22K
My main questions are:
1. What would be better value for money? HTC Radar @ 18K or the Nokia Lumia 800 for 22K?
2. Should I expect another price drop for the Nokia 800 soon? If yes, when?
3. Would Android phones be easy to use for my Dad? Hes in his early 40s and not too tech friendly. If yes please suggest me an alternative at the 20-21K price range for a good android phone which LOOKS good too!
Again, Looks are quite important!

masterkd

Padawan
Hmm
3. Would Android phones be easy to use for my Dad? Hes in his early 40s and not too tech friendly. If yes please suggest me an alternative at the 20-21K price range for a good android phone which LOOKS good too!
Again, Looks are quite important!

Hey don't think like that about dads..my dad is in his late 50s and not that tech friendly either but he's using incredible s quite well..all it needed was few classes on how to use a droid..buy him HTC sensation..he'll definitely love it!!

P.S. if he likes physical qwerty keyboard more then don't go this way!!

aroraanant

Explorer
Hey don't think like that about dads..my dad is in his late 50s and not that tech friendly either but he's using incredible s quite well..all it needed was few classes on how to use a droid..buy him HTC sensation..he'll definitely love it!!

P.S. if he likes physical qwerty keyboard more then don't go this way!!
+1 on that.
Even I was gonna say the same.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hmm
Well I think 23.5 K for the Sensation is a great deal but again, even if he does manage to use an android phone I'm not sure if he's gonna be using the Dual Core proccy to it's full potential so basically that would be burning money away. All heh wants is a good looking phone for email, and calling. And the occasional checking stocks or surfing Internet on it. So like I mentioned before I'm looking for a phone that LOOKS good and has a large display. Well I think going for an Android wouldn't be that bad an idea after all.
So here are my requirements:(again :-? )
A good looking phone
A large display (a 4 inch would be good but a 3.7 would do the job)
And good build quality

A qwerty is not needed and I Totally want to stay Away from BBs

The MAX. Budget is 22K although I'm really looking for a phone at the 18-20K mark.

So are there any phones which are about to launch and will fall in this price range?
Or are there any phones which will soon get a price cut? Like the Arc S?
Thanks !

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Get Xperia P. Much better than Arc S. Full Aluminum unibody ;) I believe the Arc S can be had for around 21k now. You can get the Xperia P for 22k. Xperia P has better performance, camera, screen, build quality, audio quality etc

aroraanant

Explorer
Sensation is available for 22k, I have bought it for my friend and I m gonna get it soon so will tell you more about it as soon as I get it.And it has got very good looks also.
If you want to save some of your money then as I suggested before get One V, the looks are good and the phone is also quite good.
Or can have a look at Xperia P also, I haven't got hands on the Xperia Series so can't say much about it, but I know one thing that my Incredible S is better than the Arc.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Sensation at 22k? WHERE? :shock:
Please gimme the link!
The One V has a 512 mb ram and a single core 1 Ghz Proccy. Does it do a good enough job of running ICS smoothly?
And what about the Incredible S? On ebay the lowest price is 21K. Thats a bit expensive if the Sensation is available for 23.5K on flipkart!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try Saholic. usually they have lowest price. avoid One V. its aimed at youth. Go for Sensation or Motorola Atrix2. Both have business kind of looks. Sensation will offer Sense UI whereas Atrix2 will give better battery backup.

The One V has a 512 mb ram and a single core 1 Ghz Proccy. Does it do a good enough job of running ICS smoothly?

ICS runs fine even on a old 600Mhz processor and 256MB ram. but the ton of crap UI that gets added creates slowdown. Any mobile with official ICS will run butter smooth. Else there won't be any update.

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
you can check out Sony Deals at eBay.... its active for next two days only
eBay India's Deal Junction - one stop shop for hottest deals & bargains on mobile phones, digicams, laptops, LCD TVs, computers, movies, shoes, diamond jewellery & more

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hello again
I have short listed these three phones:
The HTC Sensation @ 22.4K, the HTC EVO 3D @ 23.2K and the Xperia P @ 23K
Now my question(s) is, 1. which one of them all will be the one to go for?
2. Is 3D on the HTC really that good? Is it worth the extra 1k? How often will I/My dad end up using it?
3. Is Saholic a good website? Is it safe to order from there?
Thank you!

aroraanant

Explorer
All the 3 options are good.
Don't know much about 3D, I don't like its looks and I don't think the 3D feature is useful on a phone.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hmm but again aroraanant, which is THE BEST?
And do any of them have idjit flaws? like poor battery life? Signal issues? bad call quality? Or Random reboot issues? Noticeable Wear and Tear?
Ive read reviews but I also need some long-term review kind of things, cuz I am not planning to change the phone for another 2-3 years!
And what about Saholic? Is it safe to buy from there? How good is there service? Has anyone faced any problems? Please help! I plan on purchasing the phone this weekend!

aroraanant

Explorer
Sensation is not that good but in reality I think it won't bother you much, some of the websites reported that it has a death grip and screen issue but in reality it is not there.
For 2yrs almost all the above 3 phones will solve your purpose.
Other than that there are no issues as such in Sensation, and look wise this phone is awesome.

And about Saholic, yes it is safe you can buy from there.You can buy from there,no worries.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2. Is 3D on the HTC really that good? Is it worth the extra 1k? How often will I/My dad end up using it?

simply avoid any 3D mobile. those will show status symbol in 3D :p
instead go for Sensation or Atrix2.

Now the above mentioned mobiles are around 21-23k, at this price why don't you consider Nokia Lumia 800? I find it better than both Androids in terms of looks though one looses the Androidish feel and the extra feature Android brings with some stupid limitations. limitations that your dad most probably will not feel.

aroraanant

Explorer
Bro Sensation looks very-very good.
Even I suggest there is no need to buy Evo 3D, the phone is not good look wise also.

And even Xperia P is there, which also good look wise.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
@Sam I want to avoid the Lumia 800 because a 3.7 inch screen isnt enough and I have a cousin who works in Reliance. He says that Market reviews for the Lumia arnt great and these phones have already started facing random hang ups, reboots and overheating. Is that true? Would be great if a long term Lumia 800 user could reply.
And unfortunately the HTC Sensation isnt available anywhere online, and where ever I found it in the local stores they were quoting ridiculous prices like 28-30K.
I tried bargaining but the least they would go for was 26k!
Anyways, I wanted to know, that should I wait for the Sensation to come back in stock? Or should I wait for the ONE S?
I know theere are some retailers selling it for 33K, but isnt that too high? I mean, even the ONE X costs only 34-35K on some online stores.
And what about the Xperia P? Is the Death grip issue there? And how good is the 1300 mah battery?
Any other options? I want to avoid the Atrix 2 too, because of the state of Motorola after google's takeover and because the phone doesnt look good!
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom