Votes: 5 55.6%
  • use freeme.in

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you still don't get the passwords in your spam box. I will check up the setup tonight. Prolly I will upgrade the drupal install then install captcha. Thus, we can easily have those who sign up directly as writers so people can just sign up and put up their articles. But, we will need a few active participants to clean out useless articles and disputed stuff.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Well, a nice idea, but do you really want another blog in addition to the already 100s out there? I can't host or maintain but I can definitely contribute.

As for name, enterlinux.org

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
looking forward to something like this but keep info and tuts etc at n00b level for ppl like me

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
looking forward to something like this but keep info and tuts etc at n00b level for ppl like me
I agree with this. Hope the level of expertise required will be very low so most people using Linux can benefit from it as well :).

mehulved

Well, a nice idea, but do you really want another blog in addition to the already 100s out there? I can't host or maintain but I can definitely contribute.

Why one more? As it is we have freeme.in and ashish is giving us good amount of space, bandwidth and databases on mailnhost with very good uptimes. Why not help maintaining it?
And Riyaz has been sponsoring the domain name.

I agree with this. Hope the level of expertise required will be very low so most people using Linux can benefit from it as well :).
You can contribute those types of articles.

Some changes brought about today.
  • All mails were going to spam box because there was some change in hosting due to which we only had 1 email address. So, the email address from which mails were being delivered was deleted. It has been restored now.
  • All registered members can post now
  • Captcha has been enabled
  • Reistered users can change their usernames themselves
  • Moderators account added, those who would like to do moderation put forth their names

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
not me :p
but nice work going on there, change the pic at the top to look more like free as in freedom and not to specific localization.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Out of curiosity . When we say Linux are we supposed to contribute distro neutral stuff? Also are we only looking at Linux or OSS on Windows PLatform as well?

mehulved

Any thing that is Mukt can go in - software, hardware, ideas under CC.
Though the main intention was to have India specific content but we have sadly been unable to do so. There's a lot happening around India too, but most of it goes unnoticed by majority. Events like recent install fest in Trivandrum, tuesday's candle light vigil in banfalore, release of belenix 0.7, etc all India specific stuff is our main focus. But, it's not limited to it.

praka123

left this forum longback
^all things known,if u r subscribing to any active lug mailing lists. ;)
BTW,I got a wp account for a Linux blog and will make it hidden(I am ashamed to show my blog :p,see I am not a good communicator/writer huh!)

BTW,DOES ANYBODY NOTICED THE WAR @ DIGG.COM SITE OVER THE DAILY LINUX/FOSS NEWS! :D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Nice idea. I'm game. But we should purchase domain + Hosting. I'm willing to sponsor but I'm sure we won't have the commitment and the josh, so we can pool in money and get things started.

I can write/contribute but the site will be full of Apple/Mac stuffs. :p

If you're interested (and you ppl comfy with me having to do this), we can go ahead and plan. 2 lists. One who will manage (2-3 is enough) and one who will write/contribute.

@praka123/ those who feel can't write well,
You can contribute. Send in what you want to tell and I/anyone can post in the blog. :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I registered there.
how do i change password?

it says
"You have just used your one-time login link. It is no longer necessary to use this link to login. Please change your password.
"

where do i change it?

mehulved

We have taken the site down for maintainance as we encountered problems after turning on clean url's. Hopefully it will be back by tonight.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I can't host or maintain but I can definitely contribute.

Thanx, we need more contributors for it work properly.

Out of curiosity . When we say Linux are we supposed to contribute distro neutral stuff? Also are we only looking at Linux or OSS on Windows PLatform as well?

IMO, we should make it distro neutral, in the sense of how-to's.
Distro specific stuff, such as releases could also be covered.

Hopefully the tut's and how-to's will be at a low level.

^all things known,if u r subscribing to any active lug mailing lists. ;)
BTW,I got a wp account for a Linux blog and will make it hidden(I am ashamed to show my blog :p,see I am not a good communicator/writer huh!)

Please, do show us the blog.
And as for writing , we can select a few people , say 2-3 reputed members here, who will moderate the quality of posts.

Nice idea. I'm game. But we should purchase domain + Hosting. I'm willing to sponsor but I'm sure we won't have the commitment and the josh, so we can pool in money and get things started.

I can write/contribute but the site will be full of Apple/Mac stuffs. :p

If you're interested (and you ppl comfy with me having to do this), we can go ahead and plan. 2 lists. One who will manage (2-3 is enough) and one who will write/contribute.

Thanx drgrudge, but im aiming for it to be a blog on everything linux related. Not really Mac.But seeing your writing skills, maybe you could moderate us?

Also, i would like to ask people if we should go with freeme.in or start smthing new.

Could the mods add a poll if possible?

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
I too was thinking of starting a blog about gnu/linux and OSS.
a collaborative blog will be a good option.
i can contribute tutorials and articles to it.

i got the idea long back but how about the name cooltux

Linux is developing fast and what we need is to educate people to join the movement.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Linux is developing fast and what we need is to educate people to join the movement.

Precisely.

Btw, i was thinking and maybe we should start with a temporary wordpress.com blog and start writing and shift to a a paid hosting once we get stabilized and people get into the groove.

If you guys agree, then we should choose 2-3 guys who will be moderating the entire thing.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
Btw, i was thinking and maybe we should start with a temporary wordpress.com blog and start writing and shift to a a paid hosting once we get stabilized and people get into the groove.
i agree.
but we definitely need a paid hosting later on.wordpress.com has too many limitations.theme customization is a major issue.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^IMO, the name could come at a later point of time, once we start a temp blog, and start working on it.

btw, you interested in contributing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom