A cell Phone Under 10k??

nx112

Broken In
Hi friends ,
my cousin want a cell phone under 10k.
So please provide me some suggestions.
I have Lg optimus net p690,p698 ,Htc Explorer,Blackberry curve,sony ericsson xperia mini in my mind.

You are free to provide the suggestions not listed by me.

Please also give me a reason why should i buy that(include camera quality ,Os upgrade,service,customer support etc) so that i can pursue my cousin's father that this one is the best one to have.:-D

He is in a hurry so please tell me as soon as possible.

Reagrds,
nx112

aroraanant

Explorer
There are many other threads in which same thing has been answered.So I suggest you to please have a look at them.
Apart from that HTC Explorer for <8k is a very good option.
And the Blackberry phones come in a different league

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you have check these ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/143684-10k-mobile-advice-thread.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/93253-buying-new-mobile-check-out-these-sites.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/150741-mobile-reference-guide-march-2012-a.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what you should buy:

HTC Explorer: HVGA resolution (standard for a sub10k mobile), new processor, 512Mb ram, excellent battery backup and is extremely compact. but have fixedfocus camera.
LG Optimus Net Dual: same as above but has a older processor (runs at 800Mhz), autofocus camera, dual sim but offers less battery backup.

what you shouldn't get:

Xperia X10s (mini, pro, X8): old OS, small screen, less ram, extremely less internal memory, reboot issue (isn't fixed cause they didn't receive any update). so even if they carry a 5Mp camera, its a waste.
Galaxy Fit, Mini, el cetra: same as Optimus Net but poor resolution, less ram, and lastly build quality is not at all good.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how about Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 or Nokia 500 ??

Y duos only if OP needs a dual sim. actually Y has small screen, low resolution and over that dual sim requires a lot of battery juice. i'll suggest avoid all dual sim Androids. after screen, networks requires the max battery juice in an Android.

Nokia 500 doesn't have a GPU. Latest Symbian (Anna, Belle) requires a GPU irrespective of how fast is the processor. So lack of it causes the mobile to really slow down and makes most games unplayable. i think it was Nokia's market strategy to offer Nokia 500 without a GPU but a 1Ghz processor. They are feeling the Android heat ;)

Renny

Padawan
What do you guys think about the Motorola Fire XT? Its around 9.5K, and has a 5MP cam with a 3.5" screen.

darnee

Broken In
Motorola Fire XT has impressive specs, but most reviews suggest that the interface is very laggy and screen is not so vibrant.

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
My cousin wants A decent quality Camera in mobile ,mobile can be of Any form factor except flap.
As most people today preferring android OS,it would be good to go with an Android Phone.
I have seen the previous threads but they quite confused me and that's why i created a new thread.I have seen a competition b/w these two:-
LG OPTIMUS NET and HTC explorer.

Buy LG Optimus Net Dual Sim-P698 (Titanium) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

or HTC explorer
Buy HTC Explorer (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

One more thing :- if i able to grab Sony Ericsson Live
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman - Full phone specifications

or Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro
Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro - Full phone specifications

with a cheap price of 12k .Should i go with them.@Sam ,the two i have listed,they are the latest peace from Sony Ericson.Are they Good?/you have also listed them in the Mobile reference list 2012.

please consider phone quality,touch screen durability,fast response or decent response,future OS upgrade possibility,camera +video recording quality,looks(both looks great by the way),Consumer support,DURABILITY OF PHONE).
The above list is very large but i have to tell and convince my cousin's father .
His father choice is Blackberry curve if he want to go for a 9-9.5k phone.

I have also gone to the local shops for query and they said Lg optimus net report is not good,and it can cause trouble for me,so i am hesitating let him to buy it.His father wont let him to buy online,so have to buy from local shops.
We are getting Sony Ericson Xperia Mini pro SK17i for 12.5 k(out of budget but can be managed(not sure) by borrowing from friends).Should we go with that??
Features are great in that phone or should i have to be in 10k and grab a HTC explorer or blackberry Curve or Samsung Galaxy Y S6102.

Last edited:

rahul_c

Journeyman
Get HTC explorer, LG optimus net has poor build and hard buttons. Explorer has touch enabled buttons, which are much easier to use.
Only downside 200 mhz slower processor, it wont make a lot of differnce. Also explorer has newer cpu and supports flash.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Y duos only if OP needs a dual sim. actually Y has small screen, low resolution and over that dual sim requires a lot of battery juice. i'll suggest avoid all dual sim Androids. after screen, networks requires the max battery juice in an Android.

Nokia 500 doesn't have a GPU. Latest Symbian (Anna, Belle) requires a GPU irrespective of how fast is the processor. So lack of it causes the mobile to really slow down and makes most games unplayable. i think it was Nokia's market strategy to offer Nokia 500 without a GPU but a 1Ghz processor. They are feeling the Android heat ;)

thanks a lot .. actually one my friend is going to buy a smart phone and now I'll tell him to get hold of the HTC Explorer ;-)

sky770

Journeyman
What if i want to buy one for 15k(another mobile)
Which one to choose??
Please answer.

same question here. :|

Currently I am standing on 3 models:

SE Live with walkman, SE xperia mini pro & the motorola defy mini (this one isn't released yet; releasing this month end but should be of around 10k-12k).

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
Going to buy HTC explorer for my cousin.Will bought within 2 days.Thanks for the suggestions.

And @aroraanant i will wait for few days and see if i can grab a neo V or not.

Top Bottom