Status
Not open for further replies.

di9it

thinking di9it'al
Hi frnds,

Im planning to buy Palit 9600GT.
Is this card sufficient for all the games available these days @ 1280x1024
Or shud I increase my budget?

Definitely increase your budget if you can, HD 4850 or 9800GTX+ should be your target.
Is this card sufficient for all the games available these days @ 1280x1024
Well that depends on the games you are playing and at what setting.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Surely 9600 GT is good enough for most of the games. Palit 9600 GT always had a good review.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Having owned a ATI card for quite sometime now, I would strongly suggest getting a good Nvidia card. 9600GT should be more than enough for playing at 1280x1024 resolution. But make sure he has a good PSU to back it up as well.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Having owned a ATI card for quite sometime now, I would strongly suggest getting a good Nvidia card.
:shock:
Well i thought that you are happy with that card, but when analyze by the statement you written, you are completely disappointed with it.Am i right? Whats wrong with that card?

Anyhow, 9600GT is a best bet for playing games at the resolution mentioned by the OP.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm not satisfied with the driver support to be honest. It's extremely buggy. It keeps having conflicts with some or the other games. You can check with people who have previously used Nvidia cards & have now used ATI & ended up having issues with ATI cards, which they never had of Nvidia cards. I don't doubt it's better in terms of IQ as opposed to Nvidia, but the stability with games is better with Nvidia drivers. My friend (who has a HD4870) & myself got it around the same time & often end up having discussions of some or the other issues. He was planning on switching to a GTX260. I, on the other hand, am not going to switch anytime soon. Will buy a console, may be, but not switch my graphic card. Provided an opportunity now, I would gladly shift to Nvidia.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
HD 4850 rocks!!! Great Card!!!! I have no problems with it!! No heating issues. Little power consumption!!! Best value for money card ever released i guess!!!

OP
di9it

di9it

thinking di9it'al
HD 4850 rocks!!! Great Card!!!! I have no problems with it!! No heating issues. Little power consumption!!! Best value for money card ever released i guess!!!

Aren't u facing any driver problem with this card, i mean the most of the posters say that ATI cards have driver bugs..?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I faced crashes (HD2600XT) for two games till now.

1) Virtua Tennis 3
2) Burnout Paraside Ultimate box

And patches were available in no time for both. no issues with any other games.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Dude, 9600GT is a winner, and at 1280x1024 resolution, it will sail through every game at full settings and 4xAA, you might have to occasionally reduce to medium-high settings or 2xAA or maybe 0xAA(never I think), but it's excellent overall.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Aren't u facing any driver problem with this card, i mean the most of the posters say that ATI cards have driver bugs..?

Absolutely Not!!!

I get frequent updates! Although Catalyst 8.11 was a problem, notjing major to say ATI makes pathetic drivers. 8.9, 8.10, 9.1.... no problems!!! Catalyst 9.1. I have had such problems with my old AGP card from nVidia! So go for ATI 4850 and enjoy gaming! :))

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
9.3 is also out and I too faced driver related issues with my HD4850 and not to forget the cooling issues for which I had to invest another 2.5K to retro fit it with better cooling solution.

huntu123

hardcore gamer
yup, i too had hd4850 n i sold it.......m not sayn its a bad card...........but nvidia cards are more stable dan ati counterparts.......in perfomance hd4850 is very competitive against nvidia 98xx but its the other features of nvidia which makes them stand out.........

yup, i too had hd4850 n i sold it.......m not sayn its a bad card...........but nvidia cards are more stable dan ati counterparts.......in perfomance hd4850 is very competitive against nvidia 98xx but its the other features of nvidia which makes them stand out.........

What other features that might be?

I haven't had any issues with my card, though I only install only no CCC and ****.

huntu123

hardcore gamer
physix and cuda really..............n der driver support is far ahead of ati's catalyst ........even though the implementation of both cuda n physics is very less in real world but they are there................. in future, software developers wl use cuda n physix to develop games n softwares whereas havok enjine of ati is nowhere to be seen...........and dnt forget nvidia's hybrid power n hybrid boost are some features which are very useful to conserve energy.........but in ati only one of them is present.......so overall nvidia is better dan ati.............

correct me if m wrong..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom