9600GT enough for 17" (1280x1024) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
physix and cuda really..............n der driver support is far ahead of ati's catalyst ........even though the implementation of both cuda n physics is very less in real world but they are there................. in future, software developers wl use cuda n physix to develop games n softwares whereas havok enjine of ati is nowhere to be seen...........and dnt forget nvidia's hybrid power n hybrid boost are some features which are very useful to conserve energy.........but in ati only one of them is present.......so overall nvidia is better dan ati.............

correct me if m wrong..........
I will :)
How do you judge that driver support of nvidia is better?
IMO it's just your personal opinion.
Yeah CUDA has something going for it but its future is uncertain as OpenCL standard is here which is going to be supported by more companies than one proprietary standard being pushed by nVidia.Though there are a couple of softwares I know that do use it like Coreavc and this one *neuron2.net/dgmpgdecnv/dgmpgdecnv.html.

AFAIK Physx has been incorporated into just two games Mirror's edge and UT 3(I have read on some forums that cryostasis used Physx only in the demo ,not retail game).So much for basing your purchase decisions on just two games.

Then there is this debacle of nvidia moving out components with shoddy soldering leading to premature failure of the hardware and also the selling of old hardware rebadged with new stickers.

Havok is Intel's property and if you wanna talk future, Havok is gonna beat out any thing out there because it is software based and every CPU can run that ,plus AMD in partnership with Havok is going to get that engine hardware support and don't forget in pure theoretical performance Ati card of 4800 series beats the 98xx series so the hardware physics won't be constrained by computing power.
For hybrid have a look at this *ati.amd.com/technology/hybridgraphics/index.html.
So there you have it ,please try to get your facts straight and please do construct complete words if a sentence is too, tiresome.

I'm not satisfied with the driver support to be honest. It's extremely buggy. It keeps having conflicts with some or the other games.
Yep. I had HD2600XT Super 1GB. Bloody card cannot run BIOSHOCK. All textures are blacked out. Seriously ATI shuxx when it comes to driver support.
The reason why Ati HD48xx series is owning the gaming scene is because top games in the market support it properly. Else, good luck with ur ATI card playing other "not so famous"games.

@thread opener.

Your 9600GT is good enough for mid-end gaming. Dont crank ur AA and stick to Medium-high graphical settings. 90% games in the market will run at MAX settings except for certain few like CRYSIS and World in Conflict.

As for power requierement, any 350-400W PSU with dedicated PCI-E connector will do. Dont rely on cheap unbranded ones though. Specially those iBALL cases with bundled PSUs >_<

OP
di9it

di9it

thinking di9it'al
Hey Friends,

Thank you all for your wonderful opinions...:)...

Finally, I come to a conclusion:
nVidia = Stability/Reliablity
ATI = Compatibility Issue/Wait for drivers

May be I go for a better card than 9600GT but it won't be an ATI.
Shall 9800GT work better as compared to HD4850 as suggested by some posters in this thread?

Any pros/cons are welcome...

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
May be I go for a better card than 9600GT but it won't be an ATI.
Shall 9800GT work better as compared to HD4850 as suggested by some posters in this thread?

NO!!

HD 4850 even beats 9800GTX , its far more performance than 9800GT

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I was planning to get a HD4670...is 9600GT better than HD4670 when it comes to playing games at higher resolution??...I hav 17" widescreen LCD with 1440x900res.

huntu123

hardcore gamer
thats true.................... dnt rely on zebronics psu............go for cm 450w or better........for 9600GT it wl suffice.........its a gud decision u r goin with nvidia.............

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Man, all you don't know is that Catalyst Drivers are WAY WAY WAY better optimised that Forceware Drivers.

How else do you think the HD4870 with 160 Shaders(if you compare on the basis of technology used, ATi's Stream Proccessors are 5 times the no. of Shaders that nVidia refers to. So 800/5=160) beats the 216 Shader GTX260 in some games, although it lacks behind in many.

And about CUDA, yes that's nVidia's call. But ATi is going ahead with Havok against nVidia's PhysX, and ATi's Havok is already used in over 100 games, and another 100 games are gonna support it real soon.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.-I'm no INTEL, AMD or nVidia fanboi.

huntu123

hardcore gamer
lol tell dat thng to ati graphics card owners who r havn problems with d drivers, i wonder wat wl b der reply.....:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom