6870 or 560ti or 7850

Status
Not open for further replies.

som

Broken In
1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Seasonic SS 750JS WATTS

2. What is your budget?
Ans: 10 K to 15 K

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: :-x No idea about resolution

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans:
INTEL I5 2500K PROCESSOR
ASUS P8 Z68 V PRO MOTHERBOARD
SAMSUNG 20 INCH (50 CM) B2030 WIDESCREEN MONITOR
CORSAIR CARBIDE 400R CABINET
4GB X2 GSKILL RIPJAW RAM
SEASONIC SS 750JS WATTS PSU

Please help me for purchasing GPU. I am a moderate gamer, love playing shooting games only. I am working so i do n't have much time to play too much games. It will be good for me to play games on high or medium settings(ultra high not required). I know only these three cards 6870,Zotac 560ti & Gigabyte 7850 fits in my budget but i am not able to decide b/w these three. I want to buy ZOTAC 560ti (13K) but problem is it is a 2nd gen card ... if gone for GIGABYTE 7850(15.5K) then high price, less playing time, some fan related issues are the bottlenecks ... I have been confused from last 2 months .. can't wait for 660 ...also overpriced for me... Need ur advices please help me in choosing ... ATI/NVIDIA ... If u have some better GPU ideas please tell....

OP
S

som

Broken In
@pratyush997, @abhinavmail1 ... i am not going for 15K+ 7850 cards ... is Gigabyte 7850 is a good purchase?

OP
S

som

Broken In
Guys please do not misunderstand me for arguing myself for 560ti ....i just want a small discussion before purchasing...560ti can't exactly match 7850 in performance but 560ti still is a good purchase ...

560ti gives comparable performance to 7850 in high & medium settings
Here is some benchmark results ...
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12
U can see it gives better performance than its counterpart while playing BATTLEFIELD 3

Performs more or less similar to 6950 in less price
Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: August 2012

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores 1280 MB Review | techPowerUp

*www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_560_Ti_Amp_Edition/7.html
Just look for the 560ti 1024M ... ignore GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores & GTX 560 Ti Amp Edition specs...

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ for your screen resolution GTX 560 Ti should be enough but if you upgrade to HD monitor in future the 2GB fare buffer of HD7850 will be handy and don';t foget the low power consumption of HD7850 which makes it worth the extra price you pay for HD7850.

OP
S

som

Broken In
^^ for your screen resolution GTX 560 Ti should be enough but if you upgrade to HD monitor in future the 2GB fare buffer of HD7850 will be handy and don';t foget the low power consumption of HD7850 which makes it worth the extra price you pay for HD7850.

yes the lower power consumption of 7850 is a big plus point but i was thinking, i am using Z68 motherboard so max of the time it will use onboard integrated graphics HD3000 and it will switch to dedicated GPU on high graphics requirements .... so in that case my idle power consumption automatically will be low .... Please correct me if i m wrong...

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
one more vote for 7850...the igpu switching sometime glitches on SB...so dont bank on it too much...

OP
S

som

Broken In
one more vote for 7850...the igpu switching sometime glitches on SB...so dont bank on it too much...

that's ok dude but the igpu switching will be done automatically based on requirement ... i have to do nothing for this .... and the glitches will happen for everyone using z68 whose system changes its state from idle (like using FB,Listening Music, Watching movies) to playing high end games... it does not depend on whether u r using 560ti or 7850 ....

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
As per your request.....U cant go wrong with any one of them.....but i would suggest u can go with hd7850 and have a piece of mind.......
560-Ti is a card from nvidia's last generation...though its a good card...but its old (a year old card)......its always better to invest in a current gen cards than the old ones
And if you are inclined towards nvidia at the moment...i sugget you wait for 660(non-ti version) that would suit your bill and may be perform better.....!
At the moment hd 7850 performs better in tessallation then any other card in that price range....believe me more and more games are coming this year with more eye candy settings so better to invets in new technology either by nvidia or amd....!

OP
S

som

Broken In
As per your request.....U cant go wrong with any one of them.....but i would suggest u can go with hd7850 and have a piece of mind.......
560-Ti is a card from nvidia's last generation...though its a good card...but its old (a year old card)......its always better to invest in a current gen cards than the old ones
And if you are inclined towards nvidia at the moment...i sugget you wait for 660(non-ti version) that would suit your bill and may be perform better.....!
At the moment hd 7850 performs better in tessallation then any other card in that price range....believe me more and more games are coming this year with more eye candy settings so better to invets in new technology either by nvidia or amd....!

Buddy its not specific that i like nvidia or ati... i would be happy with any one of them serving my purpose... Is it a good time to purchase a GPU? ... 660ti price listed on flipkart is 25000 .... with max price cut 660 will not be less than 17000 -18000 .... Also seen some posts AMD has cut down prices by 40$ .... God knows when it will be reflected in India ... any predictions?....

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
May be setpember end prices would reflect some what...not more than 4k price cut u can expect in amd's case and 660-ti have started popping up at a 20~23k price as of now...flipkart doesnt updates their prices often...ask loacal dealer for current prices always....! then too u can go with sapphire hd7870 OC edition @rs.19928 at flipkart if u wish and save up!
When prices are updated HD7850 would be sub-15k, HD7870 would be sub-18K and HD7950 would be sub-25K
660-ti would be around 18K~22K in coming weeks...After all its India so dont expect drastic changes.....!

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
For your Screen a 560 Ti or a HD 6870 will Do . But , get a HD 7850 If you are Planning to go for a LARGE Screen .

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Get Sapphire HD7850 2GB
Don't get 560ti. Although it can handle all game at the resolution you will play, but it is of last gen, consumes more power and overall less efficient. When you have better option at same price then why will you buy inferior product?

Btw you can buy saphire 7850 1gb version for 13.5k

Source?

OP
S

som

Broken In
Btw you can buy saphire 7850 1gb version for 13.5k
from where?

For your Screen a 560 Ti or a HD 6870 will Do . But , get a HD 7850 If you are Planning to go for a LARGE Screen .
I am not going to change my monitor for at least one -two years.... living outside .... portability issues ...

Get Sapphire HD7850 2GB .Don't get 560ti. Although it can handle all game at the resolution you will play, but it is of last gen, consumes more power and overall less efficient. When you have better option at same price then why will you buy inferior product?
The price difference b/w zotac 560ti(12.5k -13k) & 7850 gigabyte version(15k -15.5k)(no idea about sapphire 7850 pricing) is nearly 2k - 2.5k .... that's why i am thinking to much ... is it worth buying for a person who has fair amount of time to play games ...

OP
S

som

Broken In
@d6bmg ... when the prices for 7xxx series will come down in india ... should i wait? already being waiting since long time to purchase ...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another vote for 7850. 15k will fetch you a better card, else a 560 (non Ti) is within 10-11k and more than enough for your monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom