5.1 speakers for hostel around Rs. 7000

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
late here.
i second what nerevarine wrote. hope you've placed the order for the creative card by now.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Sorry buddy for late replie. Hope you haven't ordered Sound Card Yet Get Asus Xonar U7 has better specification than that creative sound card mentioned above. Creative sound cards has poor driver support you may face in future When they retire a product they simply stop providing drivers.

Last edited:
OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Sorry buddy for late replie. Hope you haven't ordered Sound Card Yet Get Asus Xonar U7 has better specification than that creative sound card mentioned above. Creative sound cards has poor driver support you may face in future When they retire a product they simply stop providing drivers.

Damn... I have placed the order for the Creative Sound Card... :cry::cry::cry:
Is the driver support that bad??? :|

Am on Windows 8.1 Update 1, btw...

- - - Updated - - -

7.1 will be a waste of purchase if you are going to stick to using it with a 5.1 system

Was my sopund card purchasing decision wrong???

- - - Updated - - -

late here.
i second what nerevarine wrote. hope you've placed the order for the creative card by now.

Same question for you too...

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Cancel it get Asus Xonar U7 Specification are lot better than creative.Driver support is good too.

- - - Updated - - -

Creative one doesn't support windows 8.1
LINK
*asia.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5-1-pro

While Asus Xonar U7 supports Windows 8.1
LINK
*www.asus.com/Sound_Cards/Xonar_U7/HelpDesk_Download/

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
that was/is a good find from minion! but don't worry unduly. though i understand that this creative card could be an outgoing one (to be replaced with a newer model), but i suppose i saw a driver for it from as recent as May '14.
you could've benefited from a higher-spec card had you been listening to a good source (lossless music, on some very good monitors), whereas here, your priority is mostly movie-watching. prioritywise, your purchase is still good. better you saved some money than splurging it all in these tough times. ;)

remember, an audio-chain (must) start(s) with the source first. then come the various media one-by-one, in their respective order. don't bother too much about the high bit-rate and stuff, unless you are very keen on listening to HQ music, and have above average speakers (esp., 'musical' speakers). anyway, in a hostel environment (with cabins smaller than your room at your home), with your various bugger-mates roaming in-and-out of your cabin, stuff 'vanishing', with all the mess and all, you wouldn't want to turn into a sound/music connoisseur, do you?! ;)

anyway, i guess you can still cancel the order, even if its via CoD. just call the CC and request them. and if not, you can still thoroughly enjoy the card's capabilities. lastly, check the first few pages of the following link, and you might get a whiff of apparently why (even) some people who dabble in sound & music call the 24-bit thing & other specs flashed on audio-products as 'pointless' and 'hype':

The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions, Pre-answered! - Audio - Linus Tech Tips

P.S. - had i noticed your thread earlier, would have suggested you against the DA5000 Pro. i find them more suited to music and gaming than movies. but nevermind. with the correct gear and sound-settings, you won't be disappointed in your movie-viewing experience too.

Last edited:
OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
that was/is a good find from minion! but don't worry unduly. though i understand that this creative card could be an outgoing one (to be replaced with a newer model), but i suppose i saw a driver for it from as recent as May '14.
you could've benefited from a higher-spec card had you been listening to a good source (lossless music, on some very good monitors), whereas here, your priority is mostly movie-watching. prioritywise, your purchase is still good. better you saved some money than splurging it all in these tough times. ;)

remember, an audio-chain (must) start(s) with the source first. then come the various media one-by-one, in their respective order. don't bother too much about the high bit-rate and stuff, unless you are very keen on listening to HQ music, and have above average speakers (esp., 'musical' speakers). anyway, in a hostel environment (with cabins smaller than your room at your home), with your various bugger-mates roaming in-and-out of your cabin, stuff 'vanishing', with all the mess and all, you wouldn't want to turn into a sound/music connoisseur, do you?! ;)

anyway, i guess you can still cancel the order, even if its via CoD. just call the CC and request them. and if not, you can still thoroughly enjoy the card's capabilities. lastly, check the first few pages of the following link, and you might get a whiff of apparently why (even) some people who dabble in sound & music call the 24-bit thing & other specs flashed on audio-products as 'pointless' and 'hype':

The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions, Pre-answered! - Audio - Linus Tech Tips

P.S. - had i noticed your thread earlier, would have suggested you against the DA5000 Pro. i find them more suited to music and gaming than movies. but nevermind. with the correct gear and sound-settings, you won't be disappointed in your movie-viewing experience too.

Thanks for the kind words... Comes as a bit of a relief... :)

Hope my speakers and stuff survive the ordeal from my hostel mates!!! :-x

Anyway, guys, will I have to change the settings on my sound card/speakers when I play some stereo stuff like music??? Most of my other stuff have mapped 5.1 audio... Will I have to change from 5.1 to stereo and vice-versa every time or will the sound card/speakers detect the change automatically??? :-?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
take due care, and try to keep your peripherals secure when not in use. although better said than done in a hostel.

you may have to change to stereo-mode in the card's software to listen to stereo music. there's an option for it.

Last edited:
OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
take due care, and try to keep your peripherals secure when not in use. although better said than done in a hostel.

you may have to change to stereo-mode in the card's software to listen to stereo music. there's an option for it.

Okay... Good to know that... :)

Top Bottom