5.1 speakers for hostel around Rs. 7000

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I will be using them specifically for movies... So no 2.1... About headphones, already have a lot of them which do a decent enough job... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Prime and sole objective is movies all along!!! Mentioned that in the op!!! :)

About the occasional gatherings, crazy sh!t happens in hostels anyway so that is not such a big issue!!! :-D:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the purchase... Are you able to utilize the true 5.1 channels??? What are your sources??? Are you using sound cards???

Have made my mind up to buy either the F&D F6000 or the Edifier DA 5000 pro!!! :)

The Edifier one costs 11.5k. :shock:

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Okay, guys...

I couldn't find the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB (THX) model in India... The one that has the remote...
Only the SBX model is being sold and it sadly doesn't have a remote...

Anyway, while searching for the sound card, I came across another sound card called the ASUS SOUND CARD XONAR U7...
Here's the link for it: ASUS SOUND CARD XONAR U7 (Xonar U7 - 90YB00AB-M0AC00 - 886227439515 )

As you can see, it's a 7.1-channel sound card...

So, will I be facing any problem if I use it with my 5.1 setup???

Also, which one is the better of the two???

- - - Updated - - -

Tagging some of you guys now: (Mods may remove if this is not allowed)

@rider [MENTION=82407]sandynator[/MENTION] @mayanksharma [MENTION=119314]Vignesh B[/MENTION] @coolest111 @Chaitanya @anirbandd @Nerevarine @hitesh @Hrishi @anupam_pb @bavusani [MENTION=119688]true_lies[/MENTION] [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] @harshilsharma63 @nikhilsharma007nikx @rachitboom2 [MENTION=115573]Sarath[/MENTION] @dashing.sujay @aniket.cain [MENTION=115573]Sarath[/MENTION] @Faun [MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] @GhorMaanas

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Okay, guys...

I couldn't find the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB (THX) model in India... The one that has the remote...
Only the SBX model is being sold and it sadly doesn't have a remote...

Anyway, while searching for the sound card, I came across another sound card called the ASUS SOUND CARD XONAR U7...
Here's the link for it: ASUS SOUND CARD XONAR U7 (Xonar U7 - 90YB00AB-M0AC00 - 886227439515 )

- - - Updated - - -

@rider @sandynator @mayanksharma @Vignesh B @coolest111 @Chaitanya @anirbandd @Nerevarine @hitesh @Hrishi @anupam_pb @bavusani @true_lies @SaiyanGoku @harshilsharma63 @nikhilsharma007nikx @rachitboom2 @Sarath @dashing.sujay @aniket.cain @Sarath @Faun @tkin @GhorMaanas

What is your actual budget for 5.1 speakers and actual budget for a sound card?

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
What is your actual budget for 5.1 speakers and actual budget for a sound card?
Actual budget for speakers was around 10k...
Am thinking about getting the Edifier DA 5000 pro from theitdepot at around 13k...
Budget for sound card is around 5k... :)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Actual budget for speakers was around 10k...
Am thinking about getting the Edifier DA 5000 pro from theitdepot at around 13k...
Budget for sound card is around 5k... :)

Speakers:
Edifier DA5000PRO 5.1 Speaker System - Buy Online @ Rs.10301/- | Snapdeal

Sound card:

Amazon.in: Buy Creative SB1350 Sound Blaster Recon3D THX Quadcore Sound Core3D PCIE Gaming Card for PC & MAC Online at Low Prices in India | Reviews & Ratings

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Speakers:
Edifier DA5000PRO 5.1 Speaker System - Buy Online @ Rs.10301/- | Snapdeal

Sound card:

Amazon.in: Buy Creative SB1350 Sound Blaster Recon3D THX Quadcore Sound Core3D PCIE Gaming Card for PC & MAC Online at Low Prices in India | Reviews & Ratings
I'll be buying the speaker from itdepot since the other sellers don't courier to my area...

About the sound card, need an usb one since I will be using it with my laptop...

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, help me with this:

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
wow you taking that thing to the hostel??

hope the boys are civilised :p

I am hoping for that too!!! :razz: :p

Hope it lasts longer than a day, at least!!! :-D

Btw, help me with this:

Also, which one is the better between this and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB (THX) model???

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Bought the Edifier DA 5000 Pro... Still unsure about the USB sound-card though...

Guys, need some help...

Should I buy a 5.1 or a 7.1 sound card??? Will the 7.1 sound card work with the 5.1 Edifier system???

Am currently checking the following cards:

1. The 5.1 one:

Creative X-Fi 5.1 Speaker System - Buy Online @ Rs.3950/- | Snapdeal

2. The 7.1 one:

ASUS SOUND CARD XONAR U7 (Xonar U7 - 90YB00AB-M0AC00 - 886227439515 )

- - - Updated - - -

@rider @sandynator @mayanksharma [MENTION=119314]Vignesh B[/MENTION] @coolest111 @Chaitanya @anirbandd @Nerevarine @hitesh @Hrishi @anupam_pb @bavusani [MENTION=119688]true_lies[/MENTION] @SaiyanGoku @harshilsharma63 @nikhilsharma007nikx @rachitboom2 @Sarath @dashing.sujay @aniket.cain @Sarath @Faun [MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] @GhorMaanas

Top Bottom