5.1 speakers for hostel around Rs. 7000

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Will try to do that... The problem is that everything is available in the local shops in my city Guwahati... At competitive prices too... But, at my NIT, no decent local shop is there!!! :-( :-(
Also, most of the online shops don't ship there... :-(

cant you buy it and carry it there?? it will be 6-7kgs tops.

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
cant you buy it and carry it there?? it will be 6-7kgs tops.

I go there by flight and since the only aircrafts that flu that route are ATR-50s with 15 Kg baggage limit, it's not really a possibility... I have to carry my college stuff too... :)

I could order one from a local shop and courier it there too... That's also possible... Lets see...

Anyway, so it's between the. Edifier DA 5000 and the F&D F6000, now...
Any other models I should know of???

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I go there by flight and since the only aircrafts that flu that route are ATR-50s with 15 Kg baggage limit, it's not really a possibility... I have to carry my college stuff too... :)

I could order one from a local shop and courier it there too... That's also possible... Lets see...

Anyway, so it's between the. Edifier DA 5000 and the F&D F6000, now...
Any other models I should know of???

the courier might charge another 1000 bucks :p

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you require the source media to have 5.1 channel mapped audio to get proper 5.1 output. AFAIK, most of the ahem and torrented media have stereo audio configuration.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] now I understand why you were "period" sure on that odia line in the offtopic thread being not Assamese. ;)
(Damn! The off topic thread needs to be reopened.)
BTW try Datamation and Computer Heart. They used to house a lot of speakers. And it may be economical considering the shipping charges to Guwahati.
Also Creative Inspire T6160 is available at your range. You can have a demo of it.

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you require the source media to have 5.1 channel mapped audio to get proper 5.1 output. AFAIK, most of the ahem and torrented media have stereo audio configuration.

Don't worry... My source media has 5.1 mapped audio... :)

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] now I understand why you were "period" sure on that odia line in the offtopic thread being not Assamese. ;)
(Damn! The off topic thread needs to be reopened.)
BTW try Datamation and Computer Heart. They used to house a lot of speakers. And it may be economical considering the shipping charges to Guwahati.
Also Creative Inspire T6160 is available at your range. You can have a demo of it.

He he... Hope the mods are reading this!!! :p Off-topic ftw!!!:-D

About the shops you mentioned, I have had bad experience with computer heart...

About datamation, yeah will certainly check them out... The only problem is how I am gonna send it to Silchar...

I could have ordered from their online shop too but it's currently stopped taking orders...

Btw, you from Assam too??? :)

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
He he... Hope the mods are reading this!!! :p Off-topic ftw!!!:-D

About the shops you mentioned, I have had bad experience with computer heart...

About datamation, yeah will certainly check them out... The only problem is how I am gonna send it to Silchar...

I could have ordered from their online shop too but it's currently stopped taking orders...

Btw, you from Assam too??? :)

Yes :).
Communication to Silchar us a real PITA. But I think you will have to travel by bus for it. I had mixed experience with Computer Heart. Their prices are low but they will dupe you if you are not careful. :p

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Yes :).
Communication to Silchar us a real PITA. But I think you will have to travel by bus for it. I had mixed experience with Computer Heart. Their prices are low but they will dupe you if you are not careful. :p

That's why I take the flight always and that's why I am eager to buy the speakers online... Will be asking Datamation if they can courier it to me there or else will order from theitdepot or mdcomputers... :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
I was in the same boat, and finally purchased a Logitech Z506 (got delivered yesterday). I haven't heard the Edifier and F&D one, and since I didn't want the system to be too loud (this apartment has really thin walls. :p), I settled for Z506 for 5.6k from eBay. These sound good enough, but have a constant faint buzzing sound on the rear satellites (audible when you bring the speakers close to your ears). Last night I played some BF4, and saw Fight Club again, and was satisfied with the surround sound considering the price.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Both Creative T6160 & Logitech Z506 are good. Have a demo and then take a decision for yourself.
One suggestion...why go for 5.1 when you can have descent 2.1 setup options within that budget?
You live in hostel and setting up 5.1 system could be an issue. There would be occasional gatherings in your room and trust me 5.1 won't do justice with music listening.
Now unless your prime objective is playing games and watching movies all day long, then 5.1 all the way.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Random suggestion.
u can get a better 2.1 that would save you trouble of space required & extra sound card + you can get a lot better quality of sound.
My personal take ?? I rather buy a headphone something like H&K CL

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Random suggestion.
u can get a better 2.1 that would save you trouble of space required & extra sound card + you can get a lot better quality of sound.
My personal take ?? I rather buy a headphone something like H&K CL

I will be using them specifically for movies... So no 2.1... About headphones, already have a lot of them which do a decent enough job... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Both Creative T6160 & Logitech Z506 are good. Have a demo and then take a decision for yourself.
One suggestion...why go for 5.1 when you can have descent 2.1 setup options within that budget?
You live in hostel and setting up 5.1 system could be an issue. There would be occasional gatherings in your room and trust me 5.1 won't do justice with music listening.
Now unless your prime objective is playing games and watching movies all day long, then 5.1 all the way.

Prime and sole objective is movies all along!!! Mentioned that in the op!!! :)

About the occasional gatherings, crazy sh!t happens in hostels anyway so that is not such a big issue!!! :-D:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I was in the same boat, and finally purchased a Logitech Z506 (got delivered yesterday). I haven't heard the Edifier and F&D one, and since I didn't want the system to be too loud (this apartment has really thin walls. :p), I settled for Z506 for 5.6k from eBay. These sound good enough, but have a constant faint buzzing sound on the rear satellites (audible when you bring the speakers close to your ears). Last night I played some BF4, and saw Fight Club again, and was satisfied with the surround sound considering the price.

Congrats on the purchase... Are you able to utilize the true 5.1 channels??? What are your sources??? Are you using sound cards???

Have made my mind up to buy either the F&D F6000 or the Edifier DA 5000 pro!!! :)

Top Bottom