450w psu

I'm planning to purchase a 450W PSU for my PC. Following PSUs are available in my city :
- Intex 450 W @ Rs 650
- Mercury 450 W @ Rs 650
- Oddessy 450 W @ Rs 750
- Frontech 450 W @ Rs 680

Which one of the following is the best ?

Note: It is difficult to get any other brand PSU , so don't suggest a FSP, CM or zebronic PSU

J

joy.das.jd

Re: 450 w psu

All the above PSU are not worth investment. Why not try the online stores.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

I'm planning to purchase a 450W PSU for my PC. Following PSUs are available in my city :
- Intex 450 W @ Rs 650
- Mercury 450 W @ Rs 650
- Oddessy 450 W @ Rs 750

Note: It is difficult to get any other brand PSU , so don't suggest a FSP, CM or zebronic PSU

Neither.....They can kill ur system...
Please post ur config and budget so that we can advise better...

U can also visit here to calculate what power u need

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

My PC config is givn in my signature & my budget is around 700. Actually i thought that i would get a zebronic 450W PSU in my city.

Neither.....They can kill ur system...
Please post ur config and budget so that we can advise better...

U can also visit here to calculate what power u need

How will it kill my system ?

Also the link to calculator which mukherjee gave showed minimum requirement as 192W & recommended 250W but my PC works with a 160W PSU. So i've to change it

MegaMind

Human Spambot

A defective or bad-intentioned power supply can lock the PC, can result in hard disk bad sectors, can result blue screen of death errors and random resets and freezings, added to many other problems. There have been cases that spikes have fried southbridge, northbridge and even onboard graphic and sound chips. Hard drive and ram are usually the first victims. People eventually spend 1000-5000 (depending on their system) to get it working. But in reality it works barely but its a damaged wreck. Prevention is better than cure, dont you think?

Source

mitraark

Decrepit

I bought a Frontech 500W PSU for Rs.400 :| Rs 680 is overpriced.

Buy the Zebronics PSU , it is the best of the lot.

doomgiver

Warframe

- Intex 450 W @ Rs 650
- Mercury 450 W @ Rs 650
- Oddessy 450 W @ Rs 750

i bet all these are just 200-300w psu's given a 450w sticker.
wont last anytime too long

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

I bought a Frontech 500W PSU for Rs.400 :| Rs 680 is overpriced.

Buy the Zebronics PSU , it is the best of the lot.

Seeing the geographical location of Port Blair, everything is overpriced here. I bought my 5670 @ 6800 when net prices were just 6000 !!!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

give a thorough read: Don't Be Surprised When Your Cheap PSU Blows Up

+1....
@OP
I'm sorry I didn't know ur budget....however if u value ur components...its best to increase the budget and buy a decent psu....it will be helping in the long run...

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz

dont buy odyssey PSU. i bought one and replaced it in 2 weeks. it was giving 14A on +12V rail and can only handle GPUs like 9400GT , HD4350, GT210

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Seeing the geographical location of Port Blair, everything is overpriced here. I bought my 5670 @ 6800 when net prices were just 6000 !!!

Better to pay a bit extra for a good PSU, then have a bad one take all down with it.

CA50

Cyborg Agent

mate get a good PSU, you have a pretty good system, be on the safe side. What if the new PSU blows and takes some of your hardware

doomgiver

Warframe

zebronics is a joke. dont you want to protect your computer??? dont you invest in a lock to protect your home?

doomgiver

Warframe

OK tell me the cheapest good PSU ?
Note: I've a UPS too with surge protection

the ups will only protect from surges from the mains. what if your pc needs ~400 watts for some seconds(like during games, when there is a lot of load), the el cheapo psu will just shut down or maybe even damage itself, becuase it is not rated for that kind of performance.

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 400 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
compare to this :
Corsair VX450W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Top Bottom