450w psu

doomgiver

Warframe
Re: 450 w psu

How about Zebronics 450W @ 600 ?

Will the surge protction in my UPS not protect my PSU & PC ?

take the zebronics and throw it off a high cliff.
that unit wont even provide more than 300W at its peak. guaranteed.

pick a good, reputed company. did you not read my links?
read and see what happens when you buy a cheap-ass psu.

ups will only protect against big surges.
Anatomy of Switching Power Supplies | Hardware Secrets
read for better understanding. a good psu will also protect against and reduce the ripple noise which is always present when you convert ac to dc.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

@anupam_pb

Rs.2400 at Deltapage in Chennai.

FSP SMPS SAGA II 500 - www.deltapage.com

This store is located in Richie Street , I've dealt with them before. The store is kinda hard to locate in that stupid maze , so it's best you buy online from them.

I personally recommend the Corsair VX450W , but it seems like it's too expensive for you.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Please for the love of God , do NOT take Zebronics especially if you've got any fancy graphics cards running. In my old PC, the GPU died after a power spike from the Zebronics PSU , barely 3 months after I bought the GPU.

Zebronics is a really poor brand , use it only on barebones systems. If you're planning to buy a gaming/multimedia PC , then toss it out the window.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

@anupam_pb

Rs.2400 at Deltapage in Chennai.

FSP SMPS SAGA II 500 - www.deltapage.com

This store is located in Richie Street , I've dealt with them before. The store is kinda hard to locate in that stupid maze , so it's best you buy online from them.

I personally recommend the Corsair VX450W , but it seems like it's too expensive for you.

Is the PSU for a normal cabinet(i think its called micro ATX ) ? Looks like it is for a HTPC with fan located above

doomgiver

Warframe

naah, its for full atx and mini-atx(i think, not sure) cabby's.

the fan is at the BOTTOM, not top.
if the fan is on top, how will the fan create airflow, silly:grin:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Do you have a slim tower cabby? If not, then it will fit all psu's. Go for the saga 400 or 500 in case you plan to upgrade the gpu in future.Its wise to have some headroom for further upgradation.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I've a normal cabinet (i think its called microATX, pls tell me)

I dont think blowing hot air over processor & gpu a good thing ! Will it ovrheat my PC ? Should i install another fan abov processor on cabinet. There r 4 pins on cabinet with ventilation over processor. I'll post pics tomorrow

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
no, these fans suck in air and then pass it over the hardware in the psu and then push it out. the hot air never touches the cpu

Top Bottom