3G services inaugurated in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
@gxsaurav

is fring working on ur mobile !! i mean can u make call from ur mobile without connecting it to computer ! what is the ip type ? is it public or private like EVDO . can u tell me how much KB is used to call a google user for 1 min from fring ...
-----------------------------------------

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^ Fring is working fine. I am able to connect & talk to google talk users but didn't count the usage of data in KB.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
The fastest Commercial 3G speed as far as i know is offered by Vodafone in UK and the download speed is 7.2Mbps PRACTICAL and i guess this is called as HSDPA.

I use 3 in the UK (a 3G-only service provider). The speeds are crap.

Vodafone is worse. One of my friends has a dongle, and the speed is max 1 megabits/sec.

It's expensive on Vodafone, but cheap on 3. I pay 5 pounds a month (approx. Rs. 400) for a 1 GB limit. I use it for Facebook (built-in), Mail, News etc.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
^^^ wats the tariff for UL 3G data?

No UL 3G unless you buy dongles I think. Dongle costs 30-50 pounds and data plans range from 10-25 pounds per month I think. Haven't checked lately.
Posted again:
Similar to what we are paying in India. Rs 400 for 1 GB Bandwidth in BSNL 3G

Nice, how are you finding it?

One good thing about 3 is that they offer unlimited Skype minutes for free, so I stay online on skype 24x7 on phone. Saves my parents/friends a ton of money when they call me.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
You can check my blog for the whole experience.

I use Fring to talk with people on Skype. Best part about BSNL is that they provide free HTTP, IMAP & POP3

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
Airtel has 3G service in srilanka . there it called Airtel lanka .
Rs. 0.01 (1 Cent) Per KB will be applicable when using GPRS/3.5 G Data service.

hope it wont be costly in india .

source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom