2G/3G users from all over India

Which one is the best ISP when it comes to 2G/3G data connection?

• Total voters

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^
Even that's about the fastest I've ever hit on Vodafone 3G. Their 3G services are really good, if only their data caps were higher :p

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey guys, I wikk be shifting to Kokata in July, for M.A in Presidency College. I want a value for money package where I can manage 1 month of speedy lagfree Dota2 play. Iwont be downloading videos or do YouTube stuffs. Just gaming and slight research work, study related stuff etc. My phone is 4g LTE capable,Xperia SP, so will it work with Airtel 4G?
If Kolkata 3G is gud nuff for online gaming then I wont need to take 4G.

Kindly recommend a telecom provider. I am using IDEA now,and I wont mind changing it if the the alternative has better service. Are there any Kolkata resident here?

By the way, my friend in Dimapur,Nagaland,he activated a Rs14 Airtel 3G pack. For more than a month till today he is enjoying unlimited 3G. He watches Dota videos on YouTube whole day whole night..unfortunatEly he uses a old Nokia Phone with 2.5inch screen..

Airtel 4G Tariffs are really high. If you can afford it no issues.

But Vodafone rocks here. I guess Vodafone 3G will be enough for your need.

Here's a snapshot of Vodafone 3G.

*www.speedtest.net/wp/2216440.png

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Airtel 4G Tariffs are really high. If you can afford it no issues.

But Vodafone rocks here. I guess Vodafone 3G will be enough for your need.

Here's a snapshot of Vodafone 3G.

*www.speedtest.net/wp/2216440.png
Well, highest speed I saw in airtel 3G was 912 kBps by IDM on a 7.2 mbps modem.

ashs1

Padawan
Operator: TATA DOCOMO
Connection: 2G & 3G both
Place: Nagpur

I am currently using the Rs. 250 plan in which you get Rs. 222 talktime, 1GB 3G data & post 1GB, you get unlimited 2G.. I find it extremely efficient..but, as many have already said, sometimes it takes a lot of tries to get connected to net..
Makes it very frustrating when you wanna check mail urgently & you end up clicking reload a million times hoping you'd get connected.. :(
Speed-wise, i can't complain...its one of the best !!!
I get this speed on my 3G docomo ( translates into roughly Download : 800 kB/sec & Upload : 200 kB/sec )
*i.imgur.com/wctWhng.png

& i got this speed on my 2G Docomo ( translates into roughly Download : 15-25kB/sec & Upload : 10 kB/sec )
*i.imgur.com/uKsOydD.png

My doubt :
Unfortunately, Docomo has very little coverage ( in 2G,3G) in some parts of AP, chennai where i visit..hence, i was wondering whether i should port to Vodafone..Vodafone seems more expensive than Docomo, but
I am planning on porting my Number to Vodafone as i've always seen a Vodafone network in that regions ( sometimes, even 3G)...
Is there any connecting problems in vodafone ( like i have with docomo ) ?? & what about plans ?? any good sub Rs. 250 3G plan in vodafone ?? :)

Niilesh

Padawan
Hey Guys is the 30 min plan still active on airtel?
When i go to *121*11# to select the plan it shows 30MB Data @11 Rs. Is it just a typo or the plan got changed?

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Hey Guys is the 30 min plan still active on airtel?
When i go to *121*11# to select the plan it shows 30MB Data @11 Rs. Is it just a typo or the plan got changed?
don't be a victim like me, they've changed the plan, now you get only 30 MB instead of 30 mins. 3G

ankush28

Bazinga
Operator: AirTel
Place: Mumbai

2G speed = 20-50KB/s
3G speed = 400-430 KB/s

i am currently using 2G unlimited plan (rs198pm) as 3G was too fast and 1GB was insuffucient for me, unlimited 3G plan is too costly so stuck with 2G.
Good service, speed better then vodafone and any other operator in india.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Operator: AirTel
Place: Mumbai

2G speed = 20-50KB/s
3G speed = 400-430 KB/s

i am currently using 2G unlimited plan (rs198pm) as 3G was too fast and 1GB was insuffucient for me, unlimited 3G plan is too costly so stuck with 2G.
Good service, speed better then vodafone and any other operator in india.
airtel rocks, vodafone doesn't rock as much as airtel and aircel shocks :rofl:

I'm using unlimited 2g plan of airtel. Rs 199. Even after fup I get 6-12kBps speed in idm. Enough for me to access thinkdigit.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@ankush - 50 in 2g? Even 40 is not possible. It's way over network limits. Can you show some proof?
And I'm yet to come across any service provides which is providing constant speed of even 25KB/s, these days.

Top Bottom