2G/3G users from all over India

Which one is the best ISP when it comes to 2G/3G data connection?

• Total voters

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Carrier - reliance
Plan - 247rs for 1.1gb data and 150rs talk time, both valid for 30 days when you recharge online
Circle - Delhi
It's the cheapest I guess(after aircel).. B-)

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Operator: Tata Docomo
Circle: Kendrapara, Orissa
Connection: 2G
Data Pack: Rs. 126 for 2GB/3GB varies each month , damn Tata.

Well, the most annoying is getting connected to Internet. You've to dial at least 5-10 times to get connected and still it gets disconnected quite often. But, I've found a solution using software "Reconnect" :)
Download speed varies from 15-28 Kbps. Overall, pages open quite fast and its sufficient for me.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Can anyone suggest me any VFM (Value For Money) 2G plan running in any of the circle of any operator ??
For example, Reliance had a 2G plan @178 for a month which provided 20 GB but sadly they've discontinued the plan.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys need your help

The airtel 2g 3g combo plan provides (500mb 2g+ 500mb 3g) for rs 150, now during this plan will I be able to use rs 8 unlimited 3g for 1/2 hour plan ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone suggest me any VFM (Value For Money) 2G plan running in any of the circle of any operator ??
For example, Reliance had a 2G plan @178 for a month which provided 20 GB but sadly they've discontinued the plan.

look at Aircel Tariff plans but the most stupid thing is I applied for a aircel connection but the damn sim was not activated even after 10 days so got the sim replaced with a new one ( and new no. ) and still waiting for activation .. don't know how long it would take.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Woah...:eek::eek:
Rs.178 for 20GB is it typo? ?
Nah, not a typo at all. I've used this plan but the sad part is Reliance has revised it's plans and they've removed this plan :'(

Guys need your help

The airtel 2g 3g combo plan provides (500mb 2g+ 500mb 3g) for rs 150, now during this plan will I be able to use rs 8 unlimited 3g for 1/2 hour plan ??
Afaik, you can't activate any 3G plan until you've less than 50 MB 2G data in your account balance. For clear instructions, call Customer Care.
See, I'm using 2 GB 2G @ Rs. 199 plan and I can't activate the 30 mins. 3G plan. *sad*
For any help in airtel, feel free to ask. :)

look at Aircel Tariff plans but the most stupid thing is I applied for a aircel connection but the damn sim was not activated even after 10 days so got the sim replaced with a new one ( and new no. ) and still waiting for activation .. don't know how long it would take.
Aircel has the most stupid speed among all the ISPs, it's 3G is equivalent to airtel and Vodafone 2G.
I feel pity for your new Aircel connection, even I own an Aircel SIM and it's like a trash for me.
A month back, I was using Aircel 3G mornings plan (This was a promotional offer and free offer. According to the plan, just dial *122*456# from your Aircel SIM to activate and use free 3G everyday from 6 AM to 9 AM) and the speed was so bad that you can't even imagine.
Anyways, stay away from Aircel or you'll end up having high blood pressure.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Aircel is cheap and I guess that's the reason it's slow, many people are using it and it may have overloaded aircel pathetic network capability. But since its cheap, people don't mind using it...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Operator: Vodafone
Circle: Kolkata
Connection: 3G
Data Pack: Rs. 250 for 1GB/Month

Awesome speed. Vodafone and Airtel always tops in matter of connection and reliability.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Aircel is cheap and I guess that's the reason it's slow, many people are using it and it may have overloaded aircel pathetic network capability. But since its cheap, people don't mind using it...
infact more people use airtel but still airtel maintains its repo whereas on the other hand Aircel is **** man !!

Operator: Vodafone
Circle: Kolkata
Connection: 3G
Data Pack: Rs. 250 for 1GB/Month

Awesome speed. Vodafone and Airtel always tops in matter of connection and reliability.
about the speed thing, :+1:

Well I bought a docomo sim about 60 days ago. Still not activated. I don't even bother anymore.

Operator= tata docomo
circle=bangalore
250 inr plan
1gb 3g+2g unlimited for 1 month
222rs talktime.
speed of 3g varies between 2 to 3mbps

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ docomo reminds me of indicom ;-)

Nah, not a typo at all. I've used this plan but the sad part is Reliance has revised it's plans and they've removed this plan :'(

Afaik, you can't activate any 3G plan until you've less than 50 MB 2G data in your account balance. For clear instructions, call Customer Care.
See, I'm using 2 GB 2G @ Rs. 199 plan and I can't activate the 30 mins. 3G plan. *sad*
For any help in airtel, feel free to ask. :)

Aircel has the most stupid speed among all the ISPs, it's 3G is equivalent to airtel and Vodafone 2G.
I feel pity for your new Aircel connection, even I own an Aircel SIM and it's like a trash for me.
A month back, I was using Aircel 3G mornings plan (This was a promotional offer and free offer. According to the plan, just dial *122*456# from your Aircel SIM to activate and use free 3G everyday from 6 AM to 9 AM) and the speed was so bad that you can't even imagine.
Anyways, stay away from Aircel or you'll end up having high blood pressure.

did not know that aircel is so pathetic only heard aircel's net speed is not good .

I'll be using Wi-Fi mainly and has bsnl 2G sim ( works Ok in WCDMA mode - android shows this and nokia shows it as 3G when UMTS is enabled and gives around 20-35 KB/S which is good enough for mobile browsing ) .. well, aircel is only as a backup plan only if they don't screw SIM activation like before but if they do I'll I get airtel for sure.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Is there any trick for docomo 3g in haryana.any paid or free trick.
Never used DoCoMo, so, unaware of any trick but I heard my friends in Kota (Rajasthan circle) getting 3G speed on Docomo while having 2G plan.

Well I bought a docomo sim about 60 days ago. Still not activated. I don't even bother anymore.

Operator= tata docomo
circle=bangalore
250 inr plan
1gb 3g+2g unlimited for 1 month
222rs talktime.
speed of 3g varies between 2 to 3mbps
Nice plan, you get balance and 1 GB data too. Impressive plan :doublethumb:

^^ docomo reminds me of indicom ;-)

did not know that aircel is so pathetic only heard aircel's net speed is not good .

I'll be using Wi-Fi mainly and has bsnl 2G sim ( works Ok in WCDMA mode - android shows this and nokia shows it as 3G when UMTS is enabled and gives around 20-35 KB/S which is good enough for mobile browsing ) .. well, aircel is only as a backup plan only if they don't screw SIM activation like before but if they do I'll I get airtel for sure.
Instead go for airtel, it's good and reliable and the best thing is that it's the most vulnerable to loopholes ;) I've enjoyed many :)

Hey guys, I wikk be shifting to Kokata in July, for M.A in Presidency College. I want a value for money package where I can manage 1 month of speedy lagfree Dota2 play. Iwont be downloading videos or do YouTube stuffs. Just gaming and slight research work, study related stuff etc. My phone is 4g LTE capable,Xperia SP, so will it work with Airtel 4G?
If Kolkata 3G is gud nuff for online gaming then I wont need to take 4G.

Kindly recommend a telecom provider. I am using IDEA now,and I wont mind changing it if the the alternative has better service. Are there any Kolkata resident here?

By the way, my friend in Dimapur,Nagaland,he activated a Rs14 Airtel 3G pack. For more than a month till today he is enjoying unlimited 3G. He watches Dota videos on YouTube whole day whole night..unfortunatEly he uses a old Nokia Phone with 2.5inch screen..

Top Bottom