2G/3G users from all over India

Which one is the best ISP when it comes to 2G/3G data connection?

• Total voters

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I've heard that you can't run a 2G pack on UMTS/WCDMA network, is that true?

In Aircel/Vodafone you can't. If you search for UMTS/WCDMA network and select it, it would show network not available.(if you have put 2g pack)

In Airtel/BSNL you can, but speed is around 40kb to 50 kb

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
OPERATOR: Airtel
CONNECTION: 2g
CIRCLE: Tamil Nadu

I get normally 10-20kb in 2g. And I'm quite satisfied with this speed after using crap aircel with 0-5kb.
And in airtel sometimes in 2g speed increases slightly like 25kb I would change to 3g mode and get 45-70kb for few hours :D

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
In Aircel/Vodafone you can't. If you search for UMTS/WCDMA network and select it, it would show network not available.(if you have put 2g pack)

In Airtel/BSNL you can, but speed is around 40kb to 50 kb
But I've used 2G plan on 3G network in Aircel :p

In Chennai/ Tamil Nadu it's the worst.. No wonder they give unlimited plan on 3g for 8 or 9rs. Because the speed is 10kb after you cross FUP.
same here with Aircel in Bihar/Jharkhand circle :(

Guys anyone know about unlimited 3g plan on airtel ?
In recent times TRAI has brought many changes including changes in data plans too and since then there's no such unlimited plan on any network. Even if they call the plan unlimited, that's not unlimited, like the best plan I know is in MTNL 3G which gives 209 GB in Rs. 1650 for 30 days. Sounds nearly unlimited but it's not impossible to spend 209 GB in 30 days :p All the ISPs are providing unlimited plans now but with FUP and the good speed you get is upto very less data. Nearly everyone is frustrated with internet these days including me. I think you should look for BSNL plans in your circle, maybe you find a good plan.
Airtel provides 30 mins. of 3G data at Rs. 9 valid for a day in Bihar/Jharkhand circle, that's the best plan I know. Rest are ****!

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Guys anyone know about unlimited 3g plan on airtel ?
There's nothing like unlimited. There's FUP. Your speeds are throttled down once you finish your allotted data.

BTW, My 3G Plan:
Operator: Airtel
Circle: Delhi/NCR
Connection: 3G
Data Pack: Rs. 749 for 4GB

I usually get speeds in the range of 350-550 KBps (KiloBytes per second), and the peak, I've got was about 850 KBps (i.e. ~7.1 Mbps)

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
But I've used 2G plan on 3G network in Aircel :p

Airtel provides 30 mins. of 3G data at Rs. 9 valid for a day in Bihar/Jharkhand circle, that's the best plan I know. Rest are ****!

Oh..May be your lucky, I tried in aircel but I didn't get 3g.
Or else maybe I was getting 3g at 20kb so I might have considered it as 2g LOL

I know about that half hour plan on airtel..
My friend once told me, "rs200 @2 gb fup-airtel 3g"
Is this plan available?

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Oh..May be your lucky, I tried in aircel but I didn't get 3g.
Or else maybe I was getting 3g at 20kb so I might have considered it as 2g LOL

I know about that half hour plan on airtel..
My friend once told me, "rs200 @2 gb fup-airtel 3g"
Is this plan available?
That's still running and I'm using it now too but there's a correction. It's 2G and not 3G, Rs. 199, 2G speed upto 2GB and after that unimited data @ 40 kbps (5 kBps)

There's nothing like unlimited. There's FUP. Your speeds are throttled down once you finish your allotted data.

BTW, My 3G Plan:
Operator: Airtel
Circle: Delhi/NCR
Connection: 3G
Data Pack: Rs. 749 for 4GB

I usually get speeds in the range of 350-550 KBps (KiloBytes per second), and the peak, I've got was about 850 KBps (i.e. ~7.1 Mbps)
Have you ever used any of these plans 655/755/855 ?? They are the unlimited plans with FUP, have you used anyone of these yet?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
That's still running and I'm using it now too but there's a correction. It's 2G and not 3G, Rs. 199, 2G speed upto 2GB and after that unimited data @ 40 kbps (5 kBps)
Oh no.. My Friend particularly said 3g that's why I was interested..
Normally im getting 10kb only in 2g :(

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

Have you ever used any of these plans 655/755/855 ?? They are the unlimited plans with FUP, have you used anyone of these yet?
I can't get any such denominations in online recharge. Also, I've never heard of any such plans. the 755 plan, which, I believe is through offline mode, gives 4GB for 30 days.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Oh no.. My Friend particularly said 3g that's why I was interested..
Normally im getting 10kb only in 2g :(
That can't be possible, at Rs. 251, you get 1 GB 3G data for 30 days. It's 2G I'm damn sure but still confirm it from airtel.in

I can't get any such denominations in online recharge. Also, I've never heard of any such plans. the 755 plan, which, I believe is through offline mode, gives 4GB for 30 days.
It's there online, go to airtel.in and click on recharge prepaid and there you can see these plans.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
It's there online, go to airtel.in and click on recharge prepaid and there you can see these plans.
It quite shows up for the 3G Tariff plans, but, there's no such option for online recharge (atleast in my circle-Delhi). The denominations available are: 102, 249, 449, 749,1499.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
It quite shows up for the 3G Tariff plans, but, there's no such option for online recharge (atleast in my circle-Delhi). The denominations available are: 102, 249, 449, 749,1499.

As far as I know, airtel has android app called myairtel which has online recharge (maybe)

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
visit airtel prepaid recharge and then see this
you must be choosing exclusive web offer, that's why it didn't show those plans

Well Vodafone 3g dongle has an apparently "discounted" plan of Rs.700 for 5GB data and thereafter 2G data.
It's a bit cheaper than the plans provided by other ISPs but the loss with vodafone 3G is that you can't switch to 3G network when you are using 2G data :(

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
mate check out that image again.
The option 3G Internet Recharge under your circle recharge is actually disabled. You can't select that one.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
mate check out that image again.
The option 3G Internet Recharge under your circle recharge is actually disabled. You can't select that one.
My bad, I was about to tell you regarding that and I forget! Anyways, Airtel and many other ISPs are facing hard time with their 3G license (I don't know what exactly the matter is), so maybe Delhi circle has been affected by this problem. In Bihar/Jharkhand circle, the 3G recharge is enabled. maybe wait till the problem gets sorted and you'll find those plans under that option only.

Top Bottom