2G/3G users from all over India

Which one is the best ISP when it comes to 2G/3G data connection?

• Total voters

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
^ Thanks for the link, Is it for only one night??

uploadfromtaptalk1397908479723.jpg

1GB @ 49 Rs
unlimited @ 8 Rs?? :confused:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
that 8 rupee pack is valid for only half an hour.

I tested it. full 6 hours (12-6 AM). :D

somehow, got the 3g signal on BSNL. :bananana:
speed at max 1 mbps in very low signal ( 2 bars out of 5). though the sim used for testing is about 7 years old and i think the signal problem was related to sim.

No 3g signal inside house. :(

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I've applied for MNP to get my number ported from Airtel to BSNL (airtel 3g rates are Rs 350 for 1gb data for 1 month here, which sux). how do I check the porting status? call the CC?

ankush28

Bazinga
I've applied for MNP to get my number ported from Airtel to BSNL (airtel 3g rates are Rs 350 for 1gb data for 1 month here, which sux). how do I check the porting status? call the CC?

350??? :shock:
Last tine when I was using airtel 3g it was 254pm for 1GB 3G. When they increased price? 1GB 3g doesn't worth this much :( fcking indian tel providers.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
350??? :shock:
Last tine when I was using airtel 3g it was 254pm for 1GB 3G. When they increased price? 1GB 3g doesn't worth this much :( fcking indian tel providers.

the price is valid for intra-circle 3g roaming services. other circles where Airtel has acquired 3g license have 1 gb @ Rs 249. :mad:

*www.dnaindia.com/money/report-airt...ircles-today-other-networks-to-follow-1985007

In a press statement, Airtel said it would now offer the 3G services in Haryana, Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala, MPCG (Madhya Pradesh & Chhatisgarh), Gujarat, Kolkata and UP (east) from Monday. "Customers in these circles will join the 10-million plus Airtel 3G customers across the country to enjoy exhilarating capabilities of high speed internet on the move,” the statement said. It also announced the tariffs for prepaid and postpaid users. For prepaid, the rates range between Rs 25 and Rs 350, while for post-paid it's between Rs 50-500.

bhvm

Journeyman
I have no Option but to Go for BSNL 3G becasue no other companies offering 3G in my area.

Service is pretty pathetic. The 3G signal is down about 5 days in a month (randomly)and sometimes for days.
Speeds early morning are 500KB/s
During day 67KB/s
Sometimes it will be stuck on 12KB/s (even on WCDMA forced)

However the convinience is much better than Fixed/Broadband.

Last edited:
OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
I have no Option but to Go for BSNL 3G becasue no other companies offering 3G in my area.

Service is pretty pathetic. The 3G signal is down about 5 days in a month (randomly)and sometimes for days.
Speeds early morning are 500KB/s
During day 67KB/s
Sometimes it will be stuck on 12KB/s (even on WCDMA forced)

However the convinience is much better than Fixed/Broadband.
ok, we all know that BSNL is pathetic when it comes to service. I use two BSNL SIM's and ask me how troublesome it is to make calls or receive calls when the network is down. Coming to the point, BSNL has the same plan for 2G & 3G, so, maybe when you get low speed (12 KB/s), it might be because of 2G signals.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker

350 OMG Here at tamil nadu we used to have 1Gb 3g @ 127 but starting from May they have hiked the price to 255 (1.25GB) but seriously 350 is too much. Btw which circle are you?

kaz

right here
Whenever I select "WCDMA only", the network signal disappears in BSNL 3g :(

what to do?

Because you don't have BSNL 3G network in your area...The funny thing is that at my home sometimes I get full 3G signal from BSNL and sometimes like after a month zero signal :-?

You should have checked which provider has 3G network in your locality before porting :p

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Because you don't have BSNL 3G network in your area...The funny thing is that at my home sometimes I get full 3G signal from BSNL and sometimes like after a month zero signal :-?

You should have checked which provider has 3G network in your locality before porting :p

before porting in, i got 3g signal on my dad's bsnl sim.

kaz

right here
before porting in, i got 3g signal on my dad's bsnl sim.

Put your sim in other phones and try once or contact Customer Support.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] it just came to my mind now that, a year ago when I went to BSNL exchange office for porting my Docomo to BSNL 3G they said "port karne me 3G nahi milega. 3G ke liye naya sim lena hoga" and I bought a new sim.

Check out if you have got a 128K 3G sim or not?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Put your sim in other phones and try once or contact Customer Support.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] it just came to my mind now that, a year ago when I went to BSNL exchange office for porting my Docomo to BSNL 3G they said "port karne me 3G nahi milega. 3G ke liye naya sim lena hoga" and I bought a new sim.

Check out if you have got a 128K 3G sim or not?

nope, got the normal sim, they said, "shuru me yehi sim milega" (you'll get this sim only initially) even though BSNL site states that i can buy microSim initially too. :mad:

3g works but barely. signal's too damn weak inside house.

- - - Updated - - -

did you got 3g network after getting the usim?

kaz

right here
I see....May be you should reach them or see if any other member can give you some solution :-?

Top Bottom