24x7 Torrent downloading solution. Budget: 3K

Renny

Padawan
What is the difference between NAS and the Asus RT N13U router?

BUMP!

1. Using the Asus router can I connect a pen drive and download all the data to it?

2. Which built-in s/w is used for torrents, and which for direct downloads like Rapidshare etc?

3. Can it perform re-connect like JDownloader on its own?

saswat23

Human Spambot
1. Yes
2. IMO Asus gives some software
3. No idea

Why dont you check youtube videos of Asus RTN13U. That will help you understand.

Renny

Padawan
^Whats the difference between NAS and this router? Its available at FK for 3.2K, is the pricing OK?

koolent

Youngling
well, this is a nice thread and many people need help with this.

BTW digit can publish an article on setting up a wireless network and most importantly to write on pen drives with routers while torrent download and the bonus is that they tested many routers in a recent issue !

well, this is a nice thread and many people need help with this.

BTW digit can publish an article on setting up a wireless network and most importantly to write on pen drives with routers while torrent download and the bonus is that they tested many routers in a recent issue !

OP
TechnoFan

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
I had a hell of a busy week last week, so sorry for replying late guys.

Hi that would not work out for you. I would suggest to get a NAS from Seagate goflex Home adaptor. it supports both internal hdd and usb drives. That itself comes with linux os and it can be tweaked to run torrent 24/7 with least power.

Try it its the best solution. one of the digit member is already selling it for 2.2k . You can save more. He also customize for you and give a pendrive if you pay 200 more with that plugged in you get the option to download unlimited files round the clock.
Hmm, this option seems more plausible. Guess, I'll look into it.

Thanks for replying everyone. :)

amn87

Broken In
Just wanted to say that DD WRT will not work with a modem plus router. So one has to invest in a separate modem and router.

evil_maverick

Journeyman
well i want to share my 2 tb ext hdd over the network by just hooking it up to the router directly......
so i guess i would be needing a router with a usb port for starters....
looking for the cheapest solution...help guys!!
thanxx

The Day Walker!

In the zone
got the router (ASUS RT-N13U B1) for 2950/-
updated the router with the latest firmware, 2.0.2.5F, till now working perfectly.
using my old samsung 40gb portable,
have 2 try out the torrent download functionality.

wot r the benefits other then the above that ill get from shifting to DD-WRT ?

thanx

angel

Top Bottom