2 beeps from motherboard when switched on

2 Problems

Today when i tried to switch on my PC, it started smoothly with no display but i could here fan's rotation sound.
Usually when my PC starts 2 beep sounds come from my motherboard with a time interval of 2 sec between them. But i heard only one beep. Then when i pressed the reset button , the same problem . Then i pressed the switch on button (not for 5 sec just pressed it 7 removed my hand) & my PC turned off. Then i switched off my UPS & removed it from power source. After sometime i switched on my PC & it started without any problem.

Why earlier the problem occured ? :???:

Yesterday while playing Just Cause 2 (in max settings) for continuously 1 hour, my PC's screen turned black & this screen appeared....
*a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200638_207396222611231_100000225638358_875945_7980413_n.jpg

And then my PC restarted automatically. It also happened earlier while playing GTA 4. What could be the reason for this problem ? :?

Last edited:
OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
2 Problems !!

Today when i tried to switch on my PC, it started smoothly with no display but i could here fan's rotation sound.
Usually when my PC starts 2 beep sounds come from my motherboard with a time interval of 2 sec between them. But i heard only one beep. Then when i pressed the reset button , the same problem . Then i pressed the switch on button (not for 5 sec just pressed it & removed my hand) & my PC turned off. Then i switched off my UPS & removed it from power source. After sometime i switched on my PC & it started without any problem.

Why earlier the problem occured ?

Yesterday while playing Just Cause 2 (in max settings) for continuously 1 hour, my PC's screen turned black & this screen appeared....
*a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200638_207396222611231_100000225638358_875945_7980413_n.jpg

And then my PC restarted automatically. It also happened earlier while playing GTA 4. What could be the reason for this problem ?

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Re: 2 Problems !!

Check the HDD for any badsectors !....

probably thats the reason. Can you post the error image in image shack or photo bucket, its not accessible.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

I've nvr used imageshack

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

You would get some dump files. Post last three on a file share server, give us the link.

motobuntu

Journeyman

This error may occur when some device driver tries to access wrong memory address. It may be due to bad RAM or corrupt drivers.
Check your RAM using some memory diagnostic utility like memtest86+ and update your drivers from the manufacturer's website.

I hope this will help.

abhidev

Human Spambot

remove RAM, clean them and place them back....i had faced the same problem...and this solved the issue...

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

The blue screen thing again happened while playing just cause 2. But this time 1 minute before d blue screen came, a dialog box came giving me warning that i'm goin low of memory & asking me 2 close just cause 2.

For memory dump files : (only 4 in my PC so uploaded all)
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Any solution 2 PC's starting problem ? It happenend to me 2 months ago also....

Piyush

Lanaya

ur monitor is alright ...right?
i mean r u sure its not the problem of ur monitor?

meanwhile just try to reset ur jumper pins on the motherboard
might solve the problem

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Basically reset the CMOS. Just google it out.

Will look at your dumps once I get free from office. Tkin...?

Piyush

Lanaya

actually thee are 3 small pins connected on each other on the mobo
they are usually placed at the corners or borders

Answers.com - Where is the bios reset jumper

just google for the location of jumper pins

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Or remove the mobo battery and replace it to reset CMOS.

d3p

PowerHouse

Refer this product guide for more details about CMOS reset or jumper reset.

*downloadmirror.intel.com/18505/eng/DH55TC_ProductGuide01_English.pdf

Last edited:

ajai5777

Youngling

I have seen this msgs when I tried to overclock my proccy.This issue might be of the momory.Use cpu z and ensure that the rams are running in proper frequency and timings.

Top Bottom