1Mbps baby!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well to upgrade my "Internet only" plan to "Voice+Internet" plan they are gonna charge me 500/- + Service tax...

I'm moving to 1699/- plan...and they told I don't need to change my modem. Right now I'm having 220BX...so do u think I don't need a new modem...

B/W, how does these modems impact in connections... :rolleyes:

sam_1710

Youngling
airtel sucks.. An airtel executive comes to my place after a long 1 week wait and then tells that I'm the only customer in the area so no feasibility.. wtf??
He tells that the nearest customer is some 500mts from my place, but cant pull up cables till my place it seems!! :-( :mad:

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
true. Airtel is not like other ISPs who give connections like pamplets distribution. First they put up DSL underground cables and telephone towers and only then they will start giving connections. And once they get more than x number of request for a locality, they will then think of putting up network in that locality.

I don't blame them for this and this is one of the reason why their n/w is so stable.

Thanks Ethan aka allwyndlima :D

TBH, my father booked it without letting me know under which plan, so, I guess I'm on 1299 too. Will have to wait for the bill to turn up to know exactly which plan he selected

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
*www.speedtest.net/result/529658877.png
Iam happy with mtnl . Its been about a year and still no problem . I am on night unlimited plan and download about 30-40 gb monthly .By the way airtel is providing tough competition but their unlimited plans are slightly costly in my area .

zboy123

Broken In
Airtel 1 Mbps is actually 1MBps/8. That "b" is lower case unfortunately :( so you get speeds of around 120 Kbps actually. But same tactics is followed by all ISP's so they aren't the guys to be blamed.

I have the same connection. It is OK not great but then considering the price, I'd have to say great!!

zboy123

Broken In
Airtel 1 Mbps is actually 1MBps/8. That "b" is lower case unfortunately :( so you get speeds of around 120 Kbps actually. But same tactics is followed by all ISP's so they aren't the guys to be blamed.

I have the same connection. It is OK not great but then considering the price, I'd have to say great!!

cluby

Broken In
Neither do I. I never keep my PC on 24/7; never ever. But this plan is fabulous. I ended up downloading around 4.22GB in 8 hours:sad:. Pretty much the same amount which I used to download on MTNL 2Mbps NU line. You know what the best part about it was?
a.) I wasn't awake till 12:00AM
I dont have to wake at 12am:-? why should I? I wake at I:50 am put the dnld at Q so that estimated time is 6hrs on non resumable dnlds & go to sleep keeping monitor or lid close to reduce power consumption.:razz:

b.) I didn't have to reboot the router
u must clear things in mind.rebooting or just "disconnect n connect" does the same thing in any dynamic ip connection, it changes the ip address.why should I reboot man wtf:?:

c.) I didn't have to wake up at 8:00AM to manually shutdown the router
Shutdown of comp is automatic, I think every one knows how to shutdown the comp automatically execpt n:shock::shock:bs.there r tuts available in td itself in tuts section.

d.) It's an unlimited line (Hurrah!)
Hurrah keep ur bikes burning all the time u have unlimited fuel.:razz:

################################################################

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom