1Gbps in all universities

SahilAr

In the zone
Omg,i can't believe it...unse 1Mbps connection toh provide kiya ni jata without(FUP)@lower prices,then how can they provide truly "Unlimited" 1Gbps Connectivity to Universities..as there would be heavy load on Servers so truly Unlimited 1Gbps will be required.
Shame on you for this Bsnl...you can't provide the 1Mbps Unlimited Connection to home users,instead you are providing 1Gbps connection to Universities...Huhh!
However,ye bhi hamari sarkar ki taraf se ek acha kadam hai hamare hi liye :p :p

aroraanant

Explorer
1Gbps will be the max bandwidth, then it will divided and then broadcast to each routers, and then from that each user will get the bandwidth, so now it depends on the univ/college that to how many routers they divide and then how many people are accessing that router.
In my Univ we get 1-2mbps downloading speed in many areas, that too in a strength of 40k students and 5k+ faculty members and in an area of around ~700 acres where everyone owns a laptop.
The minimum average downloading speed which we get is around 200kps,
So the average downloading speed comes out to be around 500kbps.
But I am gonna miss this after around a month as I am gonna leave this university. ;)

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
1Gbps will be the max bandwidth, then it will divided and then broadcast to each routers, and then from that each user will get the bandwidth, so now it depends on the univ/college that to how many routers they divide and then how many people are accessing that router.
In my Univ we get 1-2mbps downloading speed in many areas, that too in a strength of 40k students and 5k+ faculty members and in an area of around ~700 acres where everyone owns a laptop.
The minimum average downloading speed which we get is around 200kps,
So the average downloading speed comes out to be around 500kbps.
But I am gonna miss this after around a month as I am gonna leave this university. ;)

Which univ. dude!!

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Hope some of them are nice enough to provide mirrors for various Linux repos and other open source software.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
1 Gbps huh?
I wonder what students in universities would do with that kind of bandwidth! :?

Watch video tutorials on youtube? :confused:

(since they cant use it for torrenting)

Niilesh

Padawan
1 Gbps in every universities?! Awesome..
1 Gbps huh?

We have file sharing sites ;)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Typical Yindans. :lol::lol: No one thinks about the fact that it gives the chance and resources for students to innovate and contribute but the first thing comes to their mind is downloading bloody movies. :lol: No wonder the education system is messed up here.

mitraark

Decrepit
1 Gbps huh?

Actually , most people here watch Comedy Circus , Tarak Mehta Ka Ulta Chasma and Crime Patrol on Youtube in our college :) True Story.

Sigh nubs.

Please enlighten us nubs .

also we hav ZbigZ.com

Woah thanks a lot i used a similar service earlier called Torrific. But now i have switched to filehosts.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Typical Yindans. :lol::lol: No one thinks about the fact that it gives the chance and resources for students to innovate and contribute but the first thing comes to their mind is downloading bloody movies. :lol: No wonder the education system is messed up here.

:yeahright:

there are also things apart from normal movies,like pr0n movies,and of course pirated games
thats what most of those "yindians" do if you give them 1Gbps

@saurabh_1e : one very important question,is 1 GBPS even possible????

thatsashok

peace panda
i know where will all that bandwidth go.. :mrgreen:

But as LFC_fan says make sure you guys mirror the linux resources and repositories.

mitraark

Decrepit

Yeah , about that.... i have seen for every one hour of studying , a student has to have 20 hours of entertainment , if not more ... there is no point in being hypocritical... except for a few , most students end of watching TB's of movies and TV in his tenure at a college , and they still the hardworking and innovative lot . One cannot but expect the most ideal case in colleges , it is only practical that most people will tend to divert towards leisure activities with such great academic burden . One cannot blame the education system for this , such is the case almost every where in the world.

Top Bottom