** ~10k mobile advice thread **

sushovan

In the zone
E7 mini costs 19K. and , every indian brand like Micromax, xolo etc rebrands chinese phones and sells in India. Gionee is way bigger brand than those.

surajr2567

Broken In
But will it be a good buy if I opt for E7 mini against Moto G. Price factor doesn't matter to me unless it is under 20k, ASS does matter :p

sushovan

In the zone
But will it be a good buy if I opt for E7 mini against Moto G. Price factor doesn't matter to me unless it is under 20k, ASS does matter :p

Definitely. As per the benchmarks, camera, display The Moto G doesnt stand anywhere near E7 Mini. But its a relatively new launch, so Better wait for some hands on reviews to see how it fares in real world tests.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Hey, its been a long time since I've cared about new release and now I need new phone under 10k, so I am clueless.
My requirements are an android smartphone which can basically replace my much reliable Nokia 1100.
I can add maximum 2k if it is worth.
Please advice.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Would the wait be worth it? What would be the launch cost? Are the Indian brands like Karbon, Micromax, Xolo, which offer same features at lower cost not good? Asking cause I haven't got the slightest idea.

first of all welcome back :)

Moto G have solid build quality but with some small drawbacks like lack of memory card slot and non removable battery. Rumors are 8GB will cost ~14k (5GB user accessible). If you want to keep the mobile strictly under 10k, there is S Duos 2 but gone is the build quality and finish found in Motorola/Google mobiles.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Thank you Sam for the warm welcome.
I read your mobile buying guide, hats off on the detailed work there buddy.

The Moto G is 4k over my budget, I don't mind shelling out an extra few bucks. The lack of memory card slot is quite unsettling, but the reviews it has got are quite good. So I think I could wait and save some dough, buy it when it gets released in India.

Are lenevo and Karbon good brands? How good is titanium s5, reviews claim that phone is aweful. I saw it hands on in a mall and built quality seemed quite sturdy.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
no to Karbonn. You may consider lenovo but yet to get a hands on so can't say about the build quality. Your second bet is Xperia M/L refresh. Chances are they'll cost more than 15k and will be late but wait a month or two. more mobiles may pop out.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thank you Sam for the warm welcome.
I read your mobile buying guide, hats off on the detailed work there buddy.

The Moto G is 4k over my budget, I don't mind shelling out an extra few bucks. The lack of memory card slot is quite unsettling, but the reviews it has got are quite good. So I think I could wait and save some dough, buy it when it gets released in India.

Are lenevo and Karbon good brands? How good is titanium s5, reviews claim that phone is aweful. I saw it hands on in a mall and built quality seemed quite sturdy.

Moto G has USB OTG enabled by default. There goes away the storage problem.

vr.46

Right off the assembly line
Hello. I purchased a Xolo Q800 X edition recently. Love the phone. I have specific queries and would appreciate people helping me out as i do not want to start a thread for that.

The GPS keeps searching for a satellite but in maps my accurate location exists. I do not have 3G activated. Do we need 3G data along with Wifi for getting a GPS log.

I updated to 4.2 recently.

sksundram

In the zone
^^ wifi OR 3g connection is essential for a gps lock. You can try using this app also. *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cochibo.gpsstatus

sidspark

coming through
guys need advice on buying a smartphone within inr 12k which has decent cam and 1gb ram with a good display.Purpose internet,moderate gaming,video recording,music,videos etc...

Top Bottom